Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ape1 vs ape2 (Read 2855 times) previous topic - next topic

ape1 vs ape2

Currently I'm encoding with EAC which puts APE1 tags on my ape files. Do I need to bother trying to find a way to get ape2 tags on those things? Why was ape2 made? Does ape1 have attribute length problems like ID3v1? Hmm... okay, that's all I can think of now.

ape1 vs ape2

Reply #1
You are probably better off putting apev2 tags on it since that will be more standard than apev1 - you can do that in EAC using Case's wapet program
http://www.ca5e.tk/

You can also use a multitude of other post processing programs to add apev2 tags
apev2 was made as a natural evolution of apev1, to exceed the limits of apev1, the same way ID3v2 surpasses IDv1 in capability

I don't recall apev1 having any limit within reason (maybe 256 characters?)

I'm curious how EAC is putting apev1 tags on your files since it doesn't handle them natively?

ape1 vs ape2

Reply #2
See the differences here
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."