Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I can't find free Nero AAC encoder in Nero web site (Read 19658 times) previous topic - next topic

I can't find free Nero AAC encoder in Nero web site

It seems Nero has updated the web site and I can't find the free AAC encoder. I can find a link in this page:

http://www.nero.com/eng/support-downloads.html

But if I click in "Nero AAC Codec", in "Tools & Utilities" section, I can't get to it.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Reply #3
The NeroDigital section has been removed.

Reply #4
Thanks for your answers.

The NeroDigital section has been removed.

Does it mean that we won't be able to download the free encoder from Nero web site anymore, unless we have the direct FTP link?

Reply #5
Right now at least the actual download file is still there. We are trying to resolve the issues at the moment.

Reply #6
Right now at least the actual download file is still there. We are trying to resolve the issues at the moment.
OK, thank you!

Reply #7
A page for the Nero AAC download will be back soon.

Reply #8

Sometimes I can't find a clean briefs at the morning but it's only temporally.
There are still tons of pages with Nero encoder.

Reply #9
There are still tons of pages with Nero encoder.

I know, I just wanted to know if that was a temporary issue or the ending of official support for Nero AAC encoder.

Sometimes I can't find a clean briefs at the morning but it's only temporally.

Yeah, whatever... But the point is I asked a question which hasn't an official answer until Menno answered it, so you can save your witty remarks for some appropriate moment.

Reply #10
Are you suggesting we change all of the links in our wiki to something you feel is official even though it doesn't work? 

This isn't exactly the first time that the nero website has dropped links to tools such as neroaacenc and wnaspi32, yet the link to the ftp site has always worked.

Feel free to search the forum if you don't believe it.

Reply #11
Are you suggesting we change all of the links in our wiki to something you feel is official even though it doesn't work? 

I wasn't suggesting anything to anyone at all. I didn't even know there was a wiki with links to the Nero codec, since I always surf the Nero site to get it.

This isn't exactly the first time that the nero website has dropped links to tools such as neroaacenc and wnaspi32, yet the link to the ftp site has always worked.

Again, I already know there are a lot of ways to download the Nero codec, but that's not the point. At the moment I asked the question there was no way to get to a link to the encoder by browsing the Nero site, that's why I asked.

Feel free to search the forum if you don't believe it.

Why wouldn't I believe it? Did I say that this is the first time it happens? No, I didn't.

Now let's get to the point: I asked an appropriate question in the appropriate place, I got an answer and I thanked everybody, that's it! So please do what you consider necessary to this thread (forgetting it, deleting it...) if you find it so disturbing or worthless.

Reply #12
Well be happy that you have an official alternative next time the website doesn't work.

EDIT: Well aren't I the idiot of the day.  After checking through the wiki and I have found no references to the ftp site.  There are plenty of discussions that have it though.

This one is particularly apropos:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=58215

Sorry to have caused you the additional trouble.

Reply #13
I'm very happy that you guys complain when something is wrong with the download/webpages. Please keep doing so

Reply #14
I'm very happy that you guys complain when something is wrong with the download/webpages. Please keep doing so

I think it is our fault.    My company wanted to use NeroAacEnc for Linux (nero-aac-codec) . The product is free but

A written license agreement with Nero AG is needed for any Commercial use of this software package, including, but not limited to, exploitation of products, which are incorporating and/or using, in whole or in part, executables provided in this software package

So we tried to buy a commercial licence for that product with no luck form 20.12.2008. Finally today we got information that

Currently we can't give you an official statement regarding the AAC Codec, we regret.

Our website still needs to be adjusted.

Now we have to look for another encoding product to use he-aac v2

menno: any chance the issue would be figured out quickly and we could buy a licence for it ?