Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Seekbar (Duration of tracks) jumps to the end (Read 2249 times) previous topic - next topic

Seekbar (Duration of tracks) jumps to the end

Since the summertime changed to wintertime (31 October) in Europe the duration of my wav-files is not correctly shown in the seekbar: the seekbar jumps immediatly to the end, when a track is played. (The track itsself is nevertheless played correctly, only the seekbar does not work correctly). Curious: When I reset the systemtime of my computer to the date before the change of summertime to winterime (30th October) the seekbar functions correctly. Does someone have an explanation for this behaviour, or -if possible- even a
solution? For example a track is shown as: Duration 0:00.260 11444 Samples, Sample rate 44100Hz, Channels 2, Bits per sample 16, Codec PCM, Encoding losless , Bitrate 1411 kbps. The Foobar Version is 1.6.7.0, and 1.5.7 on another computer, where the same mystery appears. Tanks a lot for any ideas!

Re: Seekbar (Duration of tracks) jumps to the end

Reply #1
When you set the time back does the reported duration etc change?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
No time based parts of foobar2000 should even be using time zone specific or local time units. Anything using absolute time should be using UTC relative units.

Reply #3
Today I received a message that a user replyed to this topic, but I do not see any new message. Nevertheless I can tell that since I "knocked out" the change of summer- / wintertime (by using a timezone which has no change of time but the same time as in Germany in summer, called "UTC +2:00 Kairo") the seekbar functions without any problems. For those who have doubts about this curious solution I can show a video, if you ask for it. Thank you all for your interest and help!