Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unrecoverable playback error (Read 8464 times) previous topic - next topic

Unrecoverable playback error

Hi

I keep getting this message: "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels"

I have ussuccesfully tried suggested fixes as running in event mode.

I am running Windows 8.1 and getting audio output over a LogiLink PC0054A USB 3,0 pci through a M2Tech Hiface USB SPDIF version 1.0.3.

Could this be related to the LogiLink usb-board?

Music plays fine over my pc speakers, and problem only arises when trying to send the music to my stereo equipment (cabled to the DAC of my old Accuphase DP-55 and hence the 16-bit format as DP55 does not recognize higher resolutions!).

Thanking you in advance!

Troels

Reply #1
I am running the latest edition fb2k 1.3.6.

Reply #2
I'm not familiar with that setup. Is there an audio configuration panel for your hardware? My guess is that the stream is set to something other than 44100/16/2.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #3
Thanks for your reply. No there is no configuration panel for the hardware, so all settings have to be done from the foobar panel

Reply #4
Use DirectSound output.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #7
Thanks! I can't change settings for the usb/spdif. The signal comes from the usb output on an onboard usb-card and is then converted to spdif prior to cabling to the DAC.
The idea is to avoid the soundcard of the computer and most of the Windows applications, as the wasapi should take care of it!

Reply #9
Good question! I just dont see any way of communicating or adjust settings on the device nor with the usb board. I can only adjust settings in Windows and in foobar.

Reply #10
Yes, settings in Windows. Control Panel -> Sound -> Choose your Hiface USB to SPDIF device and change its settings there.

Reply #11
The usb board dosen't support that feature, I have now realized. On other usb outlets on the pc I can easily adjust for the correct format; just not on the Logilink board. Guess I'll have to search for a new driver for win 8.1 or get me a another usb pci board.
Many thanks for your help!