Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 150368 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #726
Most likely I've wished for this already:

When formatting from other fields, a %this_field%. (For when doing the same reformatting on several fields in succession.)
I see that %% returns a single percentage sign, so it already behaves different than under "Automatically fill values".

Reply #728
The fix is for light mode only.

edit: oh fudge, the screenshot in that thread is light mode.  :D I've been on a roll the last few weeks and it's going rapidly downhill...

Dark mode still need fixing...
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,125450.msg1039116.html#msg1039116

Reply #729
Midi transport support

play,pause, stop next prev, on a "note on"
Volume on a "CC" etc
DSP config selector on a CC or individual config selections on a "note on"
etc etc
How this missed the default program is beyond me.

Reply #730
I would like to be able to install the fb2k-component file by double-clicking on the macOS version.
At the moment the file is not associated with foobar2000, which is inconvenient.

Reply #731
I would like to see an "automatic fast flip through" mode,
that plays a song letting me jump to 3 locations (like near start, middle & near  end) 
and then lets me swipe KEEP or DELETE.
Then auto plays next song

i got so many songs i would like to go through to keep only the favs
so such a function would be really helpful

Reply #733
Tag Sanitizer:
* Button to keep all album art.
* "Delete other tag sets" [than the primary one]. I guess, not to be implemented until fb2k can reliably nuke EAC's ID3 from FLAC.

Oh yes. I like that foobar is now so much accurate, that it detects "ID3 garbage" both before and after FLAC streams of my very own CD rips made using EAC some years ago. I like that it can remove the portion before the stream now using "Rewrite tags" function. But I am continuously bothered by the message saying "File verification warning: Garbage at the end of file (ID3 tag?)" in most of my rips...
PLEASE - can we have added option to rewrite tags or even rewrite entire file, but in such way that this said garbage will be dropped?

Reply #734
@EpicForever : Meanwhile, there are solutions like Mp3tag. But if you want to have a "tags backup" in case your computer crashes midway in the undo, then foo_external_tags is your friend.
How to use Mp3tag for it:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,79525.0.html
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,111594.0.html
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,124432.0.html

@planet : To encode several files, one should not use that kind of multithreading functionality. Instead, the Right Thing is to do what fb2k does already: spawn a conversion thread per file until the CPU is busy, and when a CPU thread is done, spawn a new. Reducing multithreading overhead to a minimum. Sure you might have to wait longer for "the last one", but an application like fb2k should "at most" only multithread when you are converting one to two or three files.
For WavPack specifically, you can make a renamed executable for drag and drop. Like described in https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,122626.msg1012159.html#msg1012159 , just add a {--threads} to the name. Easier than CLI.

Reply #735
Hope to add functions: 1. Main menu-Edit-Remove songs that are not in the media library in the list;  2. Sanitize Tags currently supports reducing dates to 4-digit years, request support for reducing dates to retention dates ($date(%date%))

Reply #736
Disagreement in stream select : in utilities of "alternate select stream" and the panel of "stream selection"

Reply #737
I would like to see an option to display an album art as a background for playlist window in DUI.

And I would also like to see foobar handling DSD signal natively in order not to have to disguise DSD as DoP and then strip the DoP in order to send DSD as Native DSD to DAC via USB.

Reply #738
A feature where you can change the order of the playback queue would be nice! - Like the feature in Spotify.
(At this point you have to put the songs in the playback queue in the right order, it's not possible to change the order.)

Reply #739
I have a component for that... :P

https://jscript-panel.github.io/other/queue-viewer/

You can simply drag/drop to re-arrange or right clicking on the list header shows this menu..

Simplify foobar setup/layout/configuration

Reply #740
Is there anyone out there who can simplify Foobar please?
Foobar supports all audio formats, which is great, but how come that nothing is easy when it comes to making this player look fancy?
Sorry to say but even installing a theme takes too many many manipulations.
And apparently installing components can be annoying since many components are only for 32-bit architecture.
Is there not a single soul out there who wants to simplify Foobar on many different levels so that it can become the best music player for the whole world?

Re: Simplify foobar setup/layout/configuration

Reply #741
Maybe try Boom

Boom is an easy to use audio player intended for casual computer users who do not wish to spend their time on figuring more sophisticated software out. All of its most important features are easily accessible out-of-the-box. ~ https://perkele.cc/software/boom
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #742
What makes Foobar2000 less usable than other bit-perfect players is the possibility of installing an Android or IOS app that is comparable to what can be done with other bit-perfect players such as Volumio, Daphile, MoOde Audio, Roon, etc. etc. MonkeyMote is very limited, its searches are not effective and it is too sparse. It should be produced and managed directly by the Foobar Development Team.
With streaming becoming increasingly widespread, a good app tends to prevail over the player!

Reply #743
AlbumArt: Multi images per type, Change type, More types, Description, Extract cover.
Features I miss from MP3Tag

1. Description

X
X

2. Change Cover types of a image

X

3. Multiple Covers

X

4. More Cover Types

X

5. Extract Cover

X
ojos-azules-cat

Reply #744
It would be fantastic if we could get Refacets updated to allow for custom-made statistics same as we already can in playlist view and pretty much everywhere else

and still also album art view as an option  O:)
PC - Teac UD-505 - Adam Audio A4V - DCA ÆON Open X
Samsung S23 Ultra 512GB - Fiio UTWS5 - TinHifi P1 Max.

Reply #745
It would be fantastic if we could get Refacets updated to allow for custom-made statistics same as we already can in playlist view and pretty much everywhere else

Eh? There's not really any such thing as "statistics" outside of ReFacets/original facets. Those totals are calculated for multiple items. This is impossible in playlist viewers/other components which use title formatting to display tags (or database fields) for a single item only.

edit: of course other components are not limited to title formatting. They can utilise the fb2k SDK to do whatever ReFacets does but I'm not really aware of anything pre-existing for that. Some playlist/library viewers can display total length/item count for a given group of items but I've not seen anything else "statistic" related.

Reply #746

Eh? There's not really any such thing as "statistics" outside of ReFacets/original facets. Those totals are calculated for multiple items. This is impossible in playlist viewers/other components which use title formatting to display tags (or database fields) for a single item only.

edit: of course other components are not limited to title formatting. They can utilise the fb2k SDK to do whatever ReFacets does but I'm not really aware of anything pre-existing for that. Some playlist/library viewers can display total length/item count for a given group of items but I've not seen anything else "statistic" related.

well what's the fields where you can have information shown like playcount and all those with %% those things yes those are available everywhere

those info fields used for sorting is just called statistics in refacets

More specifically the  problem is that the play counter in refacets arent synched or cant be changed to the ones using lastFM data also

Reply #747
Please put an exact version of fobar on the upper bar. Now it says ex. foobar2000 v2.1.4. It is sometimes impotant to be able to quickly distinguish id it is 32 bit or 64 bit or portable. I often run two instances (normal 64 and portable 32) and play/check different versions of the same tracks. Without being able to distinguish FB versions at a glance it is easy to confuse which track is which etc.
Just put 64 bit or 32 bit or portable behind foobar2000 v2.1.4. on the main upper bar. It shoulkd be visible when the tracks are playing and when not (now it only says foobar2000 while playing).

Reply #748
Please put an exact version of fobar on the upper bar. Now it says ex. foobar2000 v2.1.4. It is sometimes impotant to be able to quickly distinguish id it is 32 bit or 64 bit or portable. I often run two instances (normal 64 and portable 32) and play/check different versions of the same tracks. Without being able to distinguish FB versions at a glance it is easy to confuse which track is which etc.
Just put 64 bit or 32 bit or portable behind foobar2000 v2.1.4. on the main upper bar. It shoulkd be visible when the tracks are playing and when not (now it only says foobar2000 while playing).

You can edit whats displayed there your self in preferences - Default User interface - Windows Title bar

So if there is a syntax code for showing version number or player info or something it might be possible ?

Reply #749

You can edit whats displayed there your self in preferences - Default User interface - Windows Title bar

So if there is a syntax code for showing version number or player info or something it might be possible ?
But that only applies during playback, otherwise is not editable.