Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Photo tagging not automatically going to the file location (Read 1642 times) previous topic - next topic

Photo tagging not automatically going to the file location

I don't really know what to call this problem, so if it has been brought up before I apologize, I couldn't find it. But basically, about a month ago I installed some custom theme, didn't like it, uninstalled it, and things haven't been exactly the same. I was able to fix most of the things it changed, but this one thing I can't seem to find anything about.

Usually, when I tag an album cover, Windows Explorer jumps straight to the folder the files are in. But now it doesn't do that anymore. It just completely stopped. It leaves off wherever I last opened it, and I have to go out of my way to find the folder, which gets very tedious, especially for mass tagging days. If anyone knows how to fix this, or what could have caused it, please tell me. Thank you.
monst

Re: Photo tagging not automatically going to the file location

Reply #1
Maybe this thread...
Clicking on Album Art
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #2
Maybe this thread...
Clicking on Album Art

Nah.....although that does make it a lot easier to get to the folder, the problem I'm having isn't about that. I'm specifically talking about attaching pictures to files. I set a shortcut for front covers and artist photos, which I use very often, and the normal behavior is for it to open at the correct location.
monst

Reply #3
Anybody have any ideas? I really need help with this
monst

Reply #4
is it illegal to repost or reexplain things i still realy need an answer on this
monst

Reply #5
It is not illegal but it can be annoying.

I am not aware of foobar2000 having an option to alter the behavior you talk about. To the best of my knowledge it always opens in the correct directory. That of course requires the shell to do what it is asked to do.

Have you tried not using your shortcuts but instead using the GUI and see if that works?

Have you tried with a clean portable install to see if that behaves correctly?

Reply #6
It is not illegal but it can be annoying.

I am not aware of foobar2000 having an option to alter the behavior you talk about. To the best of my knowledge it always opens in the correct directory. That of course requires the shell to do what it is asked to do.

Have you tried not using your shortcuts but instead using the GUI and see if that works?

Have you tried with a clean portable install to see if that behaves correctly?

Yeah, I've tried to use the GUI and reinstall and it doesn't change it, so I guess it is a Windows error. I just don't know what to search up to find help with this. Thanks for the reply!
monst

Reply #7
Doing a clean portable install as Case suggested is not the same as re-installing.

Re-installing would usually keep your old settings which are stored in %appdata%\foobar2000\configuration. A new portable install configuration would be self contained in its own folder totally unaffected by any previous install/settings.