Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1103496 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #150
I noticed that you plan to add support for album art embedded in the files. I have already tagged all of my mp3s with album art using musicmatch, and this would be very nice. I was wondering, though, does anyone know where the art is actually stored in the files? I looked at the metadata and I dont see any id3 tag for "Image" or "Art" or anything. It is the same for itunes, you can embed album art, but I don't see where in the tag it is being stored. I want to know because I want to have a playlist column which will have a check if the file has album art stored.

On a side note, Ive been tagging my files with lyrics and I realized that I can now do database searches based on the song lyrics. Very cool...just thought I'd share

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #151
Sorry I edit the post but I got my answer.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #152
Out of curiosity, I did a quick comparison using bicubic interpolation and figured I might as well share my results:

Left = Without | Right = With

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #153
Out of curiosity, I did a quick comparison using bicubic interpolation and figured I might as well share my results:

Left = Without | Right = With

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256677"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wao.. impressive result. The image quality differs so much! 
bicubic interpolation is really good.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #154
is anyone else able to get this to work with the panel tabs plugin? I'm using columns_ui beta 3 along with the beta 3 versions of the panel stacker and the latest version of album_art. Whats weird is that the album art panel works fine when not stacked, but if I add it to the stack, nothing shows up, its just a white space.

screen shots:

http://img96.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img96&image=foo3.png
http://img131.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img131&image=foo2.png

these two were made with the same settings and plugin versions, in the first one it was in the stack, and the second one its just a regular panel...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #155
is anyone else able to get this to work with the panel tabs plugin? I'm using columns_ui beta 3 along with the beta 3 versions of the panel stacker and the latest version of album_art.
Mine works fine, but I'm using:
Columns UI 0.1.2 beta 3
Tabbed Panel 0.1.5
Album Art Panel 0.034

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #156
is anyone else able to get this to work with the panel tabs plugin? I'm using columns_ui beta 3 along with the beta 3 versions of the panel stacker and the latest version of album_art.
Mine works fine, but I'm using:
Columns UI 0.1.2 beta 3
Tabbed Panel 0.1.5
Album Art Panel 0.034
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256741"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
thats exactly the versions I'm using.  After some screwing around with restarting the player, adding the panel, removing the panel, adding the tab, removing the tab, I finally got it to work. :\

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #157
When new version for ui_columns ver. 1.0.2.b4 is compiled?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #158
Sorry I haven't had time to work on this lately.
It seems that the same code won't compile with the new extension SDK and it seems like I need to make some small changes to make it compile.
Bicubic interpolation has been implemented for a while now, but I didn't want to release because I also implemented some other stuff and they have some bugs that I didn't have time to weed out (primarily unicode problems with wild card sources).
I'll prolly get some time to work on this over the upcoming weekend.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #159
That is great news! Keep it going.
Moon
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #160
hey 'sup ...
cool plugin, i got it working on one of my computers that had msvcp71.dll already (installed with after-effects, i think).  anyways my other computer it won't work on.  dropped msvcp71.dll into my %systemroot%\system32\ (xp sp2) and it said that it couldn't find it.  tried regsvr32 ... said it couldn't find the file in the path i provided even though i'm looking right at it, and it's there.  any ideas guys?

also for suggestions:
-probably already mentioned (didn't read the full thread, yet, sorry ) but png support (especially 32-bit) would be awesome, also maybe a configuration for what type of box to display it in (like flat or sunken), and maybe be able to put a watermark on the window.

just some ideas ...

keep it up, the goodness that is!

-B

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #161
hey 'sup ...
cool plugin, i got it working on one of my computers that had msvcp71.dll already (installed with after-effects, i think).  anyways my other computer it won't work on.  dropped msvcp71.dll into my %systemroot%\system32\ (xp sp2) and it said that it couldn't find it.  tried regsvr32 ... said it couldn't find the file in the path i provided even though i'm looking right at it, and it's there.  any ideas guys?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257921"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Easy thing: Just put the DLLs in your foobar2K-root folder. And it's done.
Moon
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #162
Sorry I haven't had time to work on this lately.
It seems that the same code won't compile with the new extension SDK and it seems like I need to make some small changes to make it compile.
Bicubic interpolation has been implemented for a while now, but I didn't want to release because I also implemented some other stuff and they have some bugs that I didn't have time to weed out (primarily unicode problems with wild card sources).
I'll prolly get some time to work on this over the upcoming weekend.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257067"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sweet 

your plugin has precedence over most others for me. as soon as the new albumart plugin is updated, i update all the rest

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #163
yeah i'll try that ... even though i don't like storing dll's that way.  i don't understand why dropping into system32 didn't and why regsvr32 didn't work ... just plain odd.

about my suggestions though, i was thinking. 95% of the people who think png support would be cool think so because they want to add drop shadows to the album cover ... so, why not just have something that does that for you.  maybe like a special fx frame that includes border options like include border checkbox that when activated opens other options like border width, color, style (dotted, solid, etc.)  and then maybe an option for drop shadows that when activated adds shadow color, direction (angle), alpha, etc.

but i'm not sure how much work that might be, png support might just be easier (or maybe even .ico format).

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #164
Ok Ive tried this for over an hour now.    I'm completely lost. I installed the newest foo_uie_albumart.dll.I also got colum UI and foo_uie_tabs on a completely virgin fresh copy of foobar 0.8.3. Now I do see all 3 installed when I look under perfernces but I don't understand how do I get the acutual album art tab/pannel to appear? Basiclly, how can I turn this thing "on" smile.gif

Also, I see somepeopleare able to display the track info in yet another pannel? Is this another compent if so which?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #165
@alphaex32:

There is the field:
ID3FID_PICTURE (APIC)

which seems to store the cover. At least that is what I use in my Toaster plugin for winamp ( http://forums.winamp.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1525401 ) and it seems to work ok.

@Digisurfer:

There are a few album art tools that will pull the cover from online sites and add it as folder.jpg.

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/   Album Cover Art Downloader
http://home.comcast.net/~s3oftware/fr_interior.htm    Mp3 Amazon Album Art Downloader (MA3D)
http://str8dog.com/archive/2004/03/22/767.aspx        Album Art Downloader

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #166
Ok Ive tried this for over an hour now.    I'm completely lost. I installed the newest foo_uie_albumart.dll.I also got colum UI and foo_uie_tabs on a completely virgin fresh copy of foobar 0.8.3. Now I do see all 3 installed when I look under perfernces but I don't understand how do I get the acutual album art tab/pannel to appear? Basiclly, how can I turn this thing "on" smile.gif

Also, I see somepeopleare able to display the track info in yet another pannel? Is this another compent if so which?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257982"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The best is to read some of the newer posts in the official ColumnsUI thread. But to help you fast: The latest ColumnsUI is not working with most of the (UI dependent) components, because some of them are not compiled against the new SDK. So the only thing you have to do is waiting for the developers to update their comps... 

Moon

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #167
AFAIK, the components that are working together right now are:
Columns UI 0.1.2 beta 3  (foo_ui_columns)
Tabbed Panel 0.1.5  (foo_uie_tabs)
Album Art Panel 0.034  (foo_uie_albumart)

Track Info Panel 0.1  (foo_uie_trackinfo)

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #168
you should pro'ly mention that not only is msvcp71.dll required but so is msvcr71.dll (gotta pay attention the the console output, i'm such a dummy) ...
i'm curious why visual c++ 7.1 was used; was that the only compiler rexy had.  i've noticed alot of complaints/misunderstandings/questions 'bout this.  wouldn't it be easier to compile under version 6 (runtimes come with xp) ... i finally got it working but if weren't somewhat of a nerd, i wouldn't have.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #169
Great! Thanks so much. I got all those proper versions now (I needed a diff version of Colum UI..which was the trick). Finally, can see the album pannel. I'm used to Foo_tunes and wanted to try a diff compement since that has stopped development.   

Track Info Panel 0.1  (foo_uie_trackinfo)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258053"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now this is only thing which still doesnt work. When I right click on the sidebar and go under the menu I see 'Album Art' etc  but I dont see anything for Track Info. I have foo_uie_trackinfo.dll version 0.1.1 in the compents dir. I do see it under prefernces.
Maybe I need a different version or is there another way to get it to show in the sidebar? Not sure why its not working ?? 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #170
I have foo_uie_trackinfo.dll version 0.1.1 in the compents dir. I do see it under prefernces.
Maybe I need a different version or is there another way to get it to show in the sidebar? Not sure why its not working ?? 
I think you might need to use Track Info Panel 0.1, not 0.1.1.  That's the one I'm using, and it works great.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #171
esa372:

I found the problem I have tabbs 0.1.6. Oddly all the links on its thread point to the newestand not older versions. That will get it all to work I think. Anybody have a link to 0.1.5?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #172
OK, I know you're waiting for the new version. I just had a longer look at how to get it to compile with the new ui_extension. I got it to compile, but now the context menu (now with all the functionalities possible to assign to certain clicks) won't work (menu_action() isn't even getting called when the menu gets destroyed for some reason... probably the whole menu stuff has been changed). And also for some reason the variable notifiers won't notify the panel when the variables get changed. Also, there are still problems with special characters and wild card sources (which otherwise work very nicely), and also ever since I changed to GDI+ for the bicubic interpolation, seldom WM_PAINT doesn't get called when it should be getting called by the system itself (it getting unhidden and other stuff).
I think that's most of it.
However, I'm not sure if I'll have time to fix all these things any time soon. Finals are coming up and right after finals I'm gonna go abroad for three weeks... so, yeah.
Sorry, everyone.
I think I'll just spend like 10 minutes cleaning up the code and I'll just release the source. If I do so, will anyone make an effort to continue it?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #173
I got it to compile, but now the context menu (now with all the functionalities possible to assign to certain clicks) won't work (menu_action() isn't even getting called when the menu gets destroyed for some reason... probably the whole menu stuff has been changed).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The definition for that function changed.. so you aren't overriding it anymore. You just need to change the user_data param from type void * & to void *.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #174
OK, I know you're waiting for the new version. I just had a longer look at how to get it to compile with the new ui_extension. I got it to compile, but now the context menu (now with all the functionalities possible to assign to certain clicks) won't work (menu_action() isn't even getting called when the menu gets destroyed for some reason... probably the whole menu stuff has been changed). And also for some reason the variable notifiers won't notify the panel when the variables get changed. Also, there are still problems with special characters and wild card sources (which otherwise work very nicely), and also ever since I changed to GDI+ for the bicubic interpolation, seldom WM_PAINT doesn't get called when it should be getting called by the system itself (it getting unhidden and other stuff).
I think that's most of it.
However, I'm not sure if I'll have time to fix all these things any time soon. Finals are coming up and right after finals I'm gonna go abroad for three weeks... so, yeah.
Sorry, everyone.
I think I'll just spend like 10 minutes cleaning up the code and I'll just release the source. If I do so, will anyone make an effort to continue it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm sure there will be someone who can take care of the plugin. If only I could have more time...