Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: script to update all music library to 1.3.2 (Read 4256 times) previous topic - next topic

script to update all music library to 1.3.2

Hi all,

I would like to update all my music library to FLAC 1.3.2.

If possible, the update should include all the metatags, and support unicode.

Does anyone has a script for Windows 10?

Re: script to update all music library to 1.3.2

Reply #2
Thanks, I am looking into the two threads.

Reply #3
Is it actually worth bothering reconverting to a newer FLAC version?

I'd assume the compression might be a little better in the newer versions, but anything else than that?

Reply #4
Exactly my thoughts. So, am still wondering why bother.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #5
Since when has approval from a bunch of strangers on the internet been required?
I'll take that to mean you don't see a good reason to do the conversion, either.  If you do, please, by all means: share with the class.

Reply #6
Since when has approval from a bunch of strangers on the internet been required?
Sigh! Could you please tell us wherein the previous questions was any kind of approval implied!?

Differently from what you've read into it (ie, too much), I myself was only asking about the reasons - no harm done, methinks.

Or isn't that kind of debate among "a bunch of strangers" expected from a community like this!?
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #7

I'd assume the compression might be a little better in the newer versions, but anything else than that?
Vulnerabilities and/or bugs fixed, new features... You have to check the changelog and decide for yourself if it's worth the hassle: https://xiph.org/flac/changelog.html

Reply #8
Vulnerabilities and/or bugs fixed, new features... You have to check the changelog and decide for yourself if it's worth the hassle: https://xiph.org/flac/changelog.html
It seems they just made the tool and library more robust with edge cases, that would otherwise lead to crashing or an undefined behavior. They seem to haven't changed really anything with the actual encoding, apart from speed optimization.

So, really, if the old FLAC files are OK, then there's no reason to reconvert them, I'd say. Just use the new version from now on, etc.