Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 355209 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #100
Light color-schemes should be declared as non-dark. Dark ones should be declared as dark. If a color-scheme is neither dark nor light, then choose whatever looks best.

Your scheme clearly is a light-scheme. About the special-color: maybe i'm stating the obvious but if you choose yellow foreground on a bright-orange background, then its supposed to look unreadable. That would as well be the case with no color-calculations at all.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #101
Hey lyx, very nice config ya made up, thanks for the work you've put into it.
I've found one (very small) bug, in the format display where it displays MP3, if there is no lame version, there is a space left over.
Heres the fixed code: MP3,MP3[' ('%__lame_version%')'],

Oh and heres another bug (not quite so small this time).
Setting enable folders to 1 doesnt seem to have any affect. I had to move the enable_folders=$get(enable_folders) line to global track specific in export to get it to work properly...

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #102
Hey lyx, very nice config ya made up, thanks for the work you've put into it.
I've found one (very small) bug, in the format display where it displays MP3, if there is no lame version, there is a space left over.
Heres the fixed code: MP3,MP3[' ('%__lame_version%')'],

Thanks, will be fixed in next version along with the missing space between bitrate and VBR-files.

Oh and heres another bug (not quite so small this time).
Setting enable folders to 1 doesnt seem to have any affect. I had to move the enable_folders=$get(enable_folders) line to global track specific in export to get it to work properly...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=276008"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is very weird. It should not make a difference, because the track-specific line is just a comment - it doesn't do anything and it shouldn't make a difference where its exported. The seperation of trackspecific and nontrackspecific is purely for cosmetical reasons, so that when ui columns gets global nontrackspecific vars that its easy for me to make use of it.
I will investigate why this happens when i've got some time, but honestly, this is just weird and i dont have the slightest clue yet.

edit: found a quick-fix for it - i dunno why it was necessary to put a seperator-char before the first exported var, but it works*shrugs*

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #103
Hi Lyx.

Enjoying your Navigator.

I noticed a little glitch: using CLASSIC theme, when you select the currently playing song artist and title info are hardly visible (quality is fine, though).

Can you fix it?

Thanks.

Alessandro

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #104
I noticed a little glitch: using CLASSIC theme, when you select the currently playing song artist and title info are hardly visible (quality is fine, though).

Can you fix it?

I know about it, but its not that easy to fix while keeping the selected tracks looking obvious in light AND dark color-schemes. It's on my to-do list, but i don't know if a solution to this will be in the next release.

edit: bah, i dont even know my own code anymore after the recent optimizations. Easier than i thought. Fixed in next version.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #105
Easier than i thought. Fixed in next version.
Appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

Alessandro

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #106
I dont know if this has been posted, but the play date column doesnt seem to work\display anything since v1.02.
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #107
Support for play_date and play_time has been dropped at 1.1.0. Only last_played is supported now(and not just displayed, i'm also doing some nifty calculations with it - see the screenshot on the formatting site for an example)

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #108
Thanks for the info Lyx, looking forward to the next release and keep up the great work. 
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #109
Thanks for the info Lyx, looking forward to the next release and keep up the great work. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277355"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey lyx could you explain to me what the $char(6) in your code, and the $replace functions its used in, actually do?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #110
Its a workaround to translate various color-formats from one syntax into another. Overally, there are 4 different color-formats in fb2k - the standard unselected-only version and the standard unselected+selected..... multiplied by 2 by ui_columns color-translations between the global vars and columns. Since fb2k and ui_columns do not automatically translate from one format into another, i'm doing it manually.

Next version will probably only contain minor bugfixes (like the small glitches mentioned in the recent days). It will probably stay for some weeks like this, because 1.1.0 burned me out and i need a break - besides, i'm currently sick and have some fever.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #111
Hi Lyx,
Could you make the replaygain info in album mode optional like the PERFORMER, CONDUCTOR, PUBLISHER, ENCODEDBY tags?
And maybe add support for COUNTRY ? Or maybe let the user deceide what special metatags he wants to have?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #112
Hi Lyx,
Could you make the replaygain info in album mode optional like the PERFORMER, CONDUCTOR, PUBLISHER, ENCODEDBY tags?
And maybe add support for COUNTRY ? Or maybe let the user deceide what special metatags he wants to have?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280326"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I do plan to make it configurable whats shown in the metadata matrix(so that you can tailor it to your needs), but it probably won't be in the next version - which will only fix minor bugs.
Currently i'm not planning to support COUNTRY.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #113
I meant the A l b u m - M o d e column, not the Metadata-Matrix.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #114
Ah, now i understand what you meant. I'll make it so that when an album does not contain replaygain-tags then the albummode-column will no longer show "no replaygain info" but instead use the space for other info.

- Lyx

edit: does someone have an idea how to replace the ugly arrow at the now-playing track with something more nice looking? I cannot come up with something better which also looks neutral in various color-schemes, so i'd be grateful for proposals how to improve it.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #115
I've replaced the arrow with this animation

>
>>
>>>
>>>>

Here is the code from the pos. column:
Code: [Select]
$if($or(%_isplaying%,%_ispaused%),
%_standard_color_high%$select($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,6),>      ,>>    ,>>>  ,>>>>,$pad_right(%_playlist_number%,4))
$if($strcmp(%_days_since_play%,0),%_standard_color_low%▷)
$char(9)%_standard_color_low%$pad_right(%_playlist_number%,4)
)

Oh BTW, I think Navigator is really cool... Thanks!
Anish

Edit: Added rest of Pos. code for clarity

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #116
IMO it's not so ugly. Personally I don't think this is such a problem... I would concentrate on the bugs already reported (lack of space on the VBR string for instance) but that's just me.

I noticed in your code that you use for some text (monkey's audio, for instance) the ` character (as in monkey`s audio) in the album-mode code. I tried to change that for the ' character but apparently this messes up the entire code and nothing is visible anymore (except a bunch of ????? characters). Reverting to the older ` character does not restore the views and you have to import the configuration all over again.

Do you know if this is a constraint of columns_ui itself? I noticed that it also happens with other consigurations as well.

Anyway, I love your work and am looking forward for the next release.

edit: bad english

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #117
@anish:
Simple yet effective - probably too easy for me to think of by myself - thanks :)
- Lyx

IMO it's not so ugly. Personally I don't think this is such a problem... I would concentrate on the bugs already reported (lack of space on the VBR string for instance) but that's just me.

Those minor bugs are already fixed and will appear in the next version (probably tomorrow).

I noticed in your code that you use for some text (monkey's audio, for instance) the ` character (as in monkey`s audio) in the album-mode code. I tried to change that for the ' character but apparently this messes up the entire code and nothing is visible anymore (except a bunch of ????? characters). Reverting to the older ` character does not restore the views and you have to import the configuration all over again.

Thats because ' is used in tagz for quotation-purposes. To display a ' you need to "escape" it with a second single quotation-mark - like this: monkey''s audio.

To avoid the need to escape(lazyness), bugsearching when forgetting to escape it(lazyness) and making the code more clear and faster to read(clean code) i use ` instead of '' to avoid the issue completely. But if its important to you, then you can just replace the `s with ''s.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #118
Minor update - changelog is as usual in the first post. Unless you suffer from one of the mentioned bugs there isn't really a need to update.

Backup your custom color-schemes before upgrading.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #119
How about blink-on/-off option for playing song background?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #120
Maybe - depends on how much additional code it needs to make it configurable - and if there are other people who as well would like to disable it.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #121
the sorting of rating and playcount should be made with something like $sub(5,%rating%) because the order would then conform to the arrow direction on the top of the column.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #122
the sorting of rating and playcount should be made with something like $sub(5,%rating%) because the order would then conform to the arrow direction on the top of the column.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283059"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Those columns sort by playcount, rating, last_played and path_raw

I dont know how to implement your suggestion with a reasonable amount of code while still correctly sorting by last_played. I cannot use days_since_last_play, because for that to work the global string would need to be used while sorting - and this would slow down sorting too much.

If someone can tell me how to do it at acceptable speed, then i will change it in navigator.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #123
My navigator:

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #124
My custom color. Imported from Azrael

APC
===

$puts(theme_dark,0)

// foreground colors
$puts(standard_color,$rgb(58,79,108))
$puts(special_color,$rgb(132,129,124))