Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta (Read 371832 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #50
Wow.  Thanks to this I can use my ATI remote with foobar 0.9.x!  Few minor issue though.  The ATI Remote Wonder has a plugin for controlling winamp, I am using a modified version that allows you to control it even when it's minimized.  The remote functions with foobar using this, however the play button on the remote just gives a Unsupported WM_USER error.  The pause button functions as Play/Pause.  Also seeking track doesn't not, same error, differen number at the end.  I can confirm these button function as they should with winamp.  Even if this is not resolved I'd like to say thank you for allowing to finally switch to the new foobar.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #51
I know this is going to sound odd, but since i added foo_winamp_spam my foo_audioscrobbler program quit reporting songs to last.fm.

If I remove the foo_winamp_spam.dll and restart foobar the audioscrobbler works again.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #52
I always get these two in the console while working:

WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 124.
   WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 120.

I suppose it has to do with the mIRC addon im using to display info, GTSdll. It probably requests some sort of info not implemented in the dll yet? Not sure.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #53
Wow.  Thanks to this I can use my ATI remote with foobar 0.9.x!  Few minor issue though.  The ATI Remote Wonder has a plugin for controlling winamp, I am using a modified version that allows you to control it even when it's minimized.  The remote functions with foobar using this, however the play button on the remote just gives a Unsupported WM_USER error.  The pause button functions as Play/Pause.  Also seeking track doesn't not, same error, differen number at the end.  I can confirm these button function as they should with winamp.  Even if this is not resolved I'd like to say thank you for allowing to finally switch to the new foobar.

Can you post the numbers it gives?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #54
hey works great with my G15 keyboard (songs display correctly on LCD and buttons work)

thanks

UPSSS: doesnt work when the program is minimized

Duble0Syx can you tell me how you setup this plugin that you can control foobar minimized?
thanks

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #55
R1CH, I was wondering if it could be possible to also return dynamic info in the string. Things like %playback_time% and the playlist index\length.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #56
anyone ever find a solution to the high cpu usage when evillyrics is running

and was there ever a fix so that the track number was not '0'?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #57
My Philips Remote Control works with Winamp but it doesn't w/ foobar2k even with this plugin
Why this happens?!
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #59
I have media buttons on my laptop keyboard that only work with the winamp API, however they will not work  with this plugin. When I used foobar 0.83, the plugin worked correctly, but now only the prev/skip buttons work and only when the foobar window is in focus.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #60
I have media buttons on my laptop keyboard that only work with the winamp API, however they will not work  with this plugin. When I used foobar 0.83, the plugin worked correctly, but now only the prev/skip buttons work and only when the foobar window is in focus.

Try binding the buttons to functions in the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' section of preferences. Works well with my lappy media buttons!

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #61

Try binding the buttons to functions in the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' section of preferences. Works well with my lappy media buttons!

Unfortunately the media buttons aren't standard keyboard buttons, and don't get detected if I try to use them for shortcuts. They are hardwired to the BIOS or something. I just went back and tried the version in .83, and it definitely works, so it must be something that's been changed for the 0.9 version.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #62
OK,  got this working and it's great. Now,  how do I get this into a foobar panel?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #63
Got it working with the bemused server, and a j2me client!!!   

although... no playlist, and the volume is not sent either... 

what info do you need to support these options????

Gerardo

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #64
I too am experiencing the high cpu usage when running this plugin. Does anyone have any suggestions?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #65
FWIW tested on the following system:
- Windows XP Home SP2 up to date
- foobar2000 0.9.0.0
- the modified version of HControl (http://power4gear.bk-kicks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg44#msg44)
All seems to run smoothly, the four hardware buttons (previous, next, stop, play/pause) act as expected.

--
Frederic
Frederic Da Vitoria

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #66
WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 610.

Shitload of that.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #67
FWIW tested on the following system:
- Windows XP Home SP2 up to date
- foobar2000 0.9.0.0
- the modified version of HControl (http://power4gear.bk-kicks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg44#msg44)
All seems to run smoothly, the four hardware buttons (previous, next, stop, play/pause) act as expected.

--
Frederic

I'm using and Asus laptop with the modified HControl also, and for some reason only my play and stop buttons are working with the latest foobar v0.9.2. Has there been a change recently that could have causes this, because it worked with the v0.9.1?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #68
i think i read above that winamp doesn't send paused/playing/stopped info, but could this plugin do so?  so that it'll maybe send a blank string when foobar is stopped.  thanks for the great plugin.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #70
Hi. get at least the following errors while EvilLyrics is running. As usual for this problem I get them at machingun-repeat-rate and at the cost of at lest 10% CPU-Consumption

I am using EvilLyrics 0.1.7 Build 141 with WinAmp_Spam v0.90 on foobar0.9.3b1. The Bug doesn't occur for my old foobar0.8.3 with Winamp_Spam v0.82.

Would be nice if you could fix this. That would be the last step to finally substitute my old foobar by the 0.9-version

Code: [Select]
[23:28:06] WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 1241704.
[23:28:07] WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 1243188.
[23:28:09] WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 1236740.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #71
my shell's plugin (BBMuse, for BB4Win) stopped getting 'paused' state from the plugin. In 0.8.3, the plugin worked fine.

This is the code that the plugin is using (relevant parts only):

#define WINAMP_PLAYBACK_STATUS 104
#define WINAMP_PLAYBACK_PLAYING 1
#define WINAMP_PLAYBACK_PAUSED 3

/////////////////////////////////////////////
playback = getWinampData(WINAMP_PLAYBACK_STATUS, WM_USER);
if(playback == WINAMP_PLAYBACK_PAUSED){

// do paused stuff
}
else {
// do something else, etc
}

/////////////////////////////////////

int getWinampData(int id, UINT type){
    if(hwndWinamp == NULL)return -1;

return SendMessage(hwndWinamp, type, 0, id);
}

Well, apparently in the latest version of foo_winamp_spam this doesn't work. It used to work in 0.8.3. Any ideas?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #73
Trying to get Beta3 working with aMSN's music plugin. It detects theirs a winamp, and puts the Music logo and the seperator in the personal comment area. However it doesn't pull any of the title or artist information. Code in console as follows:

Startup time : 0:01.078692
Handshaking: Client up to date.
Submit interval set to 1 seconds.
Handshake successful.
Submitting track to Audioscrobbler...
Submission succeeded.
WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 290.

As you can see im getting littered with "WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 290.", I'm guessing every 15seconds as aMSN checks "winamp". Anyhelp would be much obliged.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #74
answer lays in winamp SDK:

#define IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO 290 //pass a pointer to the following struct in wParam
#define IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO_HOOKABLE 296
/* (requires Winamp 2.9+)
** to use, create an extendedFileInfoStruct, point the values filename and metadata to the
** filename and metadata field you wish to query, and ret to a buffer, with retlen to the
** length of that buffer, and then SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,&struct,IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO);
** the results should be in the buffer pointed to by ret.
** returns 1 if the decoder supports a getExtendedFileInfo method
*/
typedef struct {
  char *filename;
  char *metadata;
  char *ret;
  int retlen;
} extendedFileInfoStruct;

obviously not supported command by component (maybe there is problem in implementing this in foobar, maybe it was overlooked)