Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with encoding 6.1 flac to ogg (Read 4170 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with encoding 6.1 flac to ogg

Hi. I got a problem. When I try to encode a 6.1 audio file form FLAC to Ogg Vorbis, I get wrong channels order. While encoding from 6.1 wav or DTS works ok.
I'm using the latest oggenc2.exe 2.87 (06.11.2010). For the testing purposes I took two 6.1 files from msoptyspl's post (they both play fine on my PC) and encoded them.
The results are here.  http://www.sendspace.com/file/g2qqwg
right and center switched in ogg file encoded from flac.
Accidentally I found the same problem encoding from 4.1 flac to vorbis.
How can I fix it?

Reply #1
Solved. Since I tested allmost all encoding software and nothing can put channels in the right order automatically, you have to open FLAC 6.1 in any sound editor (I tried sf 10).
And change channel order  from FL, FR, FC, LF, BC, BL  BR to FL, FR, FC, LF, BC, BL  BR, than save it as wave. After this it can be encoded perfectly well.

Reply #2
Solved. Since I tested allmost all encoding software and nothing can put channels in the right order automatically, you have to open FLAC 6.1 in any sound editor (I tried sf 10).
And change channel order  from FL, FR, FC, LF, BC, BL  BR to FL, FR, FC, LF, BC, BL  BR, than save it as wave. After this it can be encoded perfectly well.

As long as the wav file has proper extensible header, it should encode fine (now). Latest john33's oggenc2 (http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-oggenc.php), official oggenc (from svn trunk) as well as ffmpeg set channels properly (the last one has some minor weird other problems though).