Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch copy multi-line tags to another tag (Read 744 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch copy multi-line tags to another tag

Hi, everybody,

I'm probably just missing the correct way, but I'm unable to copy a multi-line tag to another (multi-line too) tag: I have some old files where I used the LYRICS tag to store lyrics and I now want to move those to the UNSYNCED LYRICS tag.

No matter what I try (masstagger or copy-paste) I'm not getting the correct lyrics

With masstagger ("Guess value from other fields" -> $meta(lyrics) -> %UNSYNCED LYRICS%) I just get a single dot in the destination tag.

With Properties -> edit LYRICS -> copy values -> edit UNSYNCED LYRICS -> paste, I just get the first line truncated with "(...)", exactly  as it is displayed in the edit windows.

I already checked that both LYRICS *and* UNSYNCED LYRICS are declared as Multiline fields.

Many thanks in advance,

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Re: Batch copy multi-line tags to another tag

Reply #1
In my case, there is no problem with copying a multi-line LYRICS to a multi-line UNSYNCED LYRICS.
I tried
1. Properties - Tools
2. Add new field... (If there isn't UNSYNCED LYRICS tag)
   . Field Name : UNSYNCED LYRICS
3. Properties
   . Right-Click on <LYRICS> tag
   . Copy
4. Properties
   . Right-Click on <UNSYNCED LYRICS> tag
   . Paste

Re: Batch copy multi-line tags to another tag

Reply #2
@widerock:  YESSSSSS, thank-you!!!  :)

My mistake was that I didn't just right-click + copy on the source field (LYRICS), but I did an Edit+ select all + copy: with that you get the truncated first lines.

I'd love to achieve the same using masstagger (I know it is deprecated...  :(, but that way can have it in my scripts menu ), but I can live with this solution.

Thanks again and have a nice day!
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)