Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 331235 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #475
Whenever I end a track early through <SKIP>, it doesn't affect the "stop after current" playback option; it just goes on to the next track.
Somehow I had missed this bug report. I just released a version that respects Stop after current setting when skipping the end. Now the Skip Track component calls Stop function from the core when Stop after current is enabled and end skip position is reached. It behaves a bit different from regular stopping as cursor doesn't advance to the next track. Hopefully it's not too big of an issue.

I cannot extract desired track sections using information in the skip tag field anymore.
It used to work fine using foobar converter, where I set up a preset that used DSP "Skip track (for Converter)"
I just tested the functionality and saw no issues. Is your SKIP tag syntax correct? The component isn't very forgiving for syntax errors.

Reply #476
I cannot extract desired track sections using information in the skip tag field anymore.
It used to work fine using foobar converter, where I set up a preset that used DSP "Skip track (for Converter)"
I just tested the functionality and saw no issues. Is your SKIP tag syntax correct? The component isn't very forgiving for syntax errors.

Thanks for the response.

SKIP function itself works, which means that the syntax is correct. For example I have "-0:45;0:55-" set as SKIP tag value for a track and if i play it with skip turned on, it will play exactly 0:45-0:55, but if i try to convert the track using a preset with DSP "Skip track (for Converter)", it doesn't generate a file that normally should be a 10 seconds long extracted section from the original track I did the conversion on.

Strangely, converter says it has been done successfully, but the new file has not been generated. Here is what console reported:

Code: [Select]
CLI encoder: lame.exe
Destination file: D:\Music\test.mp3
Track converted successfully.
could not enumerate tracks (Object not found) on:
D:\Music\test.mp3

I tried converter with other presets (conversion to mp3, wav) and it works fine. A converted file is generated etc.

Seems like the problem occurs only if I use  a preset with DSP "Skip track (for Converter)". It worked fine last time i tried it 2,5 months ago... Hope we can solve his. This function used to be my life saver.

Reply #477
Check your skip string query syntax. It sounds like the track is marked to be entirely skipped and so you don't get any output.

Reply #478
Check your skip string query syntax. It sounds like the track is marked to be entirely skipped and so you don't get any output.
It worked out!
I actually modified actual skip string query syntax a few days ago in order to skip tracks with date after 2005 and the track that I tried to convert is from 2017, so it wasn't converted, although skip function (playback) was turned off. Good to know that it works like that.

Many thanks for your help!

Reply #479
Howdy...

Is there any way in foobar, to make all songs I have in playlist get "SKIP" metadata, and also all future songs I Add to my playlist to also get the tag "SKIP" without manually adding them one at the time ?

Reply #480
Howdy...

Is there any way in foobar, to make all songs I have in playlist get "SKIP" metadata, and also all future songs I Add to my playlist to also get the tag "SKIP" without manually adding them one at the time ?

Not sure if it fulfills your needs but I was after something similar last year and marc2003 was gracious enough to make a WSH/JScript Panel script for it. They also made an updated version which supports CUE sheets.

What the script does is check for a playlist named 'Skip' and any tracks within it will be skipped from general playback, without the need to add any metadata to the files themselves.

To use it you'll first need JScript Panel and then enter the fb2k layout editing mode and add a JScript Panel panel, right-click it>Configure, then paste in the script and save. If you add a panel splitter first you can drag it until the panel is essentially hidden, which is what I do.

Reply #481
No, sorry this is not what Im looking for. I do not want to skip any tracks on my playlist

I use "Skip" in combo with "you-tube" plugin, and a lot of songs have "intros / outros" so I use skip to jump past the "none music" part of songs.
Now I just want a way to add the tag "SKIP" to all thousands of songs I have in some way without forcing me to add it manually to all thousand songs.
ofc maybe 20% of the songs already have the tag, so do not want to remove there SKIP tag.

But just any way to make the program simply have that extra field always there without forced to "create new metadata"

Reply #482
@Wolfbane : Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties Dialog -> Standard fields -> append there at the end something like:
;Skip indicator=SKIP
Semicolon is just parsing symbol, to separate it from last field name that is there. "Skip indicator" is name of your personal choice. SKIP is an unchangeable name of the tag. I think this is exactly what you need. In this way you can add or remove any field to/from Properties window, fitting it exactly to your needs. Personally my beloved foobar option :)
What it gives you in this particular case (or anyone else who may read it in future)? You can very easily add SKIP information to any track that is already present in your library or will be added in future. You can even selectively choose several tracks on any active playlist (or all of them at once), invoke their "Properties" window and easily add some information there, into SKIP field. I am also doing it in other way. I got my own "Keywords" tag, where I add various non essential but potentially useful informations (artists ANVs - like EBTG for Everything But The Girl, mood, informations about game that track comes from, some specific title / artist name distortion that I usually struggle with, some other kinds of associations that I keep in mind for certain track). I also sometime add there just a word "skip". And I configured my foo_skip plugin to skip tracks which contain word "skip" in KEYWORDS field ($meta(KEYWORDS) HAS skip).

Reply #483
@Case : I have feature request. Can we have upgraded skipping resolution to sub-second fractions? Like 0,01 sec. or to CD frames (1/75 sec.)? Or is it technically impossible?

Reply #484
That actually already works. I just didn't write it in the documentation. Everything after a dot in the timestamp is for fractions of a second. For example skip string -0.0000226;1.999977- used with exactly two seconds long 44100 Hz file will cut the first and the last samples away. I noticed some overflow happening with too much accuracy though. I initially tried more accurate number for the last sample (1.9999773242630385487528344671202) and it made the cutting happen at a wrong position. So don't go crazy on the decimals.

Reply #485
Heh, the US/EU problem with dot and a colon. I tried a colon, so I thought it doesn't work. But I should use dot instead :)

Reply #486
Could you add some functionality to this? It's very much in line with the functionality you already have, I'd like to have this play for a user defined period seconds and then skip forward a set percentage or time of the track, play another x seconds and do this until finished then the same with the next track until the playlist is finished. I'd like this to be a right click option ideally, as I wouldn't want this as the default play method. This way I can get a good sampling of a range of songs in a short period of time, thanks.

Reply #487
That is beyond the functionality I want for the component. I believe you can achieve the behavior with foo_seek.

Reply #488
Im not sure if the plugin is broken or foobar version Im using is not compatible. But it does not seem to work anymore.

Using "foobar2000 v1.4 beta 20" and "YouTube Source 2.3.2"

Not working is the info below, that used to work.
SKIP -00:00:33;00:20:00-

Here is a screenshot of the plugins and the properties of the file, if u need to check if I did something wrong.
http://prntscr.com/k6ed21

And one more question...
I tried to display/add "Columns" "SKIP" to try and display what songs have the settings enabled on them.
But seems to display blank on all. Any clue what I did wrong on that part?
http://prntscr.com/k6efc3

Reply #489
There are no generic compatibility problems between foo_skip and the latest foobar2000 version. Only thing one could count as incompatibility is the lack of support for reading metadata from tag fields marked as spam in LargeFieldsConfig.txt. If you were to add "fieldSpam=skip" to the said config file, the component would see the field as containing nothing else than a dot.

I can't replicate the problem you describe. I added https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKTa-k2dJ8 to the playlist with foo_youtube and added SKIP tag -00:00:33;00:02:00-. Double clicking the track starts playback from 33 second marker. The track is shorter than 20 minutes so I altered the end skip to two minutes instead. At around that time the playback jumps to the next track.

I also don't know why the field's contents aren't visible for you on the playlist. I tested that too and there are no problems seeing the metadata from foo_youtube entry.

Reply #490
Tried/showed everything I could be in a short video, recorded it and uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WNPZfQw-F8&feature=youtu.be

Can you see anything that is causing the problem?
Is there anything missing in the video that could help find the cause of my problem ?
(Running Windows 7, 64bit if that matters)

btw, I have no clue on how to do what you said reguarding ==>       "fieldSpam=skip"

Reply #491
There seems to be something wrong with the video or its link. It only says "This video is unavailable".

You don't need to worry about the fieldSpam stuff. It's not related to this issue.

Care to try making a portable install of foobar2000 to a temporary location where you install just foo_skip and foo_youtube and test if that works?

Reply #492
Bah, had set the video to "Private" now its just unlisted so hopefully, u can see it.
( It did get flagged beause of music in video, but I hope u still can see it.)

but sure, Ill do a new install and see if it works.

Reply #493
The video works now.

Perhaps there are two different problems. One is that you have turned track skipping off and another is misconfigured SKIP column.

To check that theory take a look at Playback menu. There should be a checkmark next to "Skip tracks & use bookmarks" entry for Skip Track to be active. If it's toggled off, it doesn't do its thing.

SKIP column's titleformatting should be just "%SKIP%" or "[%SKIP%]".

Btw, you can add a new tag field faster by just double clicking an empty space below the other fields. No need to use the Tools menu.

Reply #494
The video works now.

Perhaps there are two different problems. One is that you have turned track skipping off and another is misconfigured SKIP column.

To check that theory take a look at Playback menu. There should be a checkmark next to "Skip tracks & use bookmarks" entry for Skip Track to be active. If it's toggled off, it doesn't do its thing.

SKIP column's titleformatting should be just "%SKIP%" or "[%SKIP%]".

Btw, you can add a new tag field faster by just double clicking an empty space below the other fields. No need to use the Tools menu.

"Skip tracks & use bookmarks"
Yes, worked, I have no freaking clue how that got disabled, but thx for the help.

And reguarding [%SKIP%]
Yes that also worked, no real experince with Foobar, so a bit of noob how things work, thx for help.
Even if I dint find any "titleformatting" the field was called "Pattern" where I entered the [%SKIP%] ==> http://prntscr.com/k6s1ay

Sidequestion, how does one change allienment on other fields that are already there by default, like "Duration" whant it to be centered instead of "Left" Cant seem to find it.

THx once again for all the help.

Reply #495
You can't alter the built-in columns. You need to create a new custom one with the functionality you wish.

Reply #496
So I got this plugin working, but the problem is that whenever it skips a track, it crashes my "Now Playing" WSH panel mod (it displays the now playing artist/title/album and other info in big font and animates it a bit). I got the script for the panel from someone else and don't know the source, can someone suggest an alternative way to display a "now playing" panel, or tell me how to fix the script so it doesn't crash?

Reply #497
Can anyone verify if this works or not: playlist based skipping used to work in earlier foo_skip versions pre FB1.4 but not anymore. Skip queries such as
%playlist_name% IS Rock Music AND %rating% PRESENT
don't work anymore.

Using foo_skip 1.9.10 on FB 1.4

Reply #498
Works here. Make sure you haven't accidentally turned off the component from Playback menu.
Btw, is there some reason you are on foobar2000 v1.4 and haven't updated to 1.4.1?

Reply #499
Ok, it seems it wasn't activated. That's what you get for not using a component for a while. Thanks.