Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Programming c++ Wav->ogg encoder (Read 5329 times) previous topic - next topic

Programming c++ Wav->ogg encoder

Hi

I'm new with ogg and also with using third party libraries. I'm making a C++ PocketPC program and I need a simple wav->ogg encoder function. But as I have tried to use ogg vorbis libraries I don't know what or how to use them.

I think that best way would be to use libogg 1.1.3 and libvorbis 1.1.2. Do I even need both of them, since I only need to have capability of encoding? (I have FMOD for everything else.) I have tried to make some dlls and libs out of them with Visual Studio 2005, but no success. Would it be possible to copy and include .c and .h files directly from lib folder to my project? If so then how and what files do I need?

I have also downloaded oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1 and I was even able to build encoder_example.c successfully with the help of this. But the dlls in sdk are rather big for pocket pc and just for encoding. 

Also is there any proper forum for ogg developers? Or even a some "how to get started" manual? I have tried to search, but I guess ogg is not that popular after all. 

Please tell me what I should do.

Programming c++ Wav->ogg encoder

Reply #2
Also is there any proper forum for ogg developers? Or even a some "how to get started" manual? I have tried to search, but I guess ogg is not that popular after all.

There used to be, until it wasn't worth some "folks" time or only a handful of questions were getting answered. You might want to try the xiph.org mailing list.

http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/vorbisenc/index.html

here too.
budding I.T professional