Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to get constant bitrate for psytelaac? (Read 4232 times) previous topic - next topic

how to get constant bitrate for psytelaac?

hi
    who know how to set up psytel aac in order to get constant bitrate?

thanks

Reply #1
Originally posted by jianxin yan
who know how to set up psytel aac in order to get constant bitrate?

There are some hidden switches to turn off using the bit reservoir, and some other tricks to get CBR AAC.

But why do you want that anyway? Quality tends to get worse in CBR.

Reply #2
hi
  i wish to compare aac with wma9 at canstant bitrate.
becuase wma9 can get very right canstant bit rate, so i hope to compare them at same conditions.

do you know how to set those hidden switchs?

regards.

Reply #4
Originally posted by jianxin yan
i hope to compare them at same conditions.

"Same conditions" as opposed to letting the encoder do what it was designed to do, then making an evaluation, is a fallacy.
You can't kill the Elephant.

Reply #6
Originally posted by ezra2323
Use this link  http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/ivan&menno.htm. Download this program, run it, and select 128 or 128- production to encode. They are CBR settings.

Hummm... I would believe he wants REAL CBR. The -br switch in AACenc generates some kind of ABR that only Ivan can understand. :-/

Reply #7
It seems obvious to me that AAC was not designed with 'Real' CBR in mind. In that case forcing it to do 'Real' CBR would probably degrade the results a lot?

Reply #8
Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
It seems obvious to me that AAC was not designed with 'Real' CBR in mind. In that case forcing it to do 'Real' CBR would probably degrade the results a lot?

I'd rather say "Allowing ABR would increase the quality of results a lot"

Reply #9
No.. AAC can have "pure" CBR - FhG encoders generate file of, say, 128000 bps  bitrate - exact in a bit! 

But that requires heavy modifications in the codec, and - this way the quality could be a little bit higher

Reply #10
hi, ivan

how about your aac codec?

could you give some switches for pure cbr setting?

regards.

Reply #11
Originally posted by Ivan Dimkovic
and - this way the quality could be a little bit higher

Just to clarify, in case anybody isn't reading this right--'this way' stands for doing ABR instead of CBR

I feel all weird 'clarifying' other people's posts for them, but I don't think I can go wrong here and I have this compelling, um, compulsion to clarify for some reason