Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader (Read 473154 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader

Reply #50
First been using this soft qll dqy long to find covers, just love it.
Yet there is one thing i would love to do with which is not currently that easy. I would like to find artist photos using this soft.
I see two choices:

If you have a collection sorted by artist/album, we could have a browser only by artist saving art in the artist directory . Yet this wouldnt work for compilation. Or we could save all artists art in one directory.

The other idea would be to use tags to browse that way anyone could use his collection.

Alexvallat: do you think it is possible?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #51
There's already a script for FofR's artist image service included in v0.5: artists.trivialbeing.boo.

There isn't any specific support for saving artist images with a different scheme to album images at present, although I suppose that might be something to consider for future versions.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #52
There's already a script for FofR's artist image service included in v0.5: artists.trivialbeing.boo.

There isn't any specific support for saving artist images with a different scheme to album images at present, although I suppose that might be something to consider for future versions.

Alex

Yes i saw that script and that s i thought about it. I think finding a way to deal with artists art would be like the real bonus of album art downloader(even if it goes against its name  ).

Thanks for your work. Couldnt live without this little piece of software now

Album Art Downloader

Reply #53
The programm doesn't start on my computer. It always says there is as problem

Album Art Downloader

Reply #55
k so i have a question all my music is in d:\music\ but i store my album art to c:\album art  is there an easy way for me to get it to search the music in d:\music and have it save to c:\album art?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #57
AlexVallat:
Would it be possible to have proxy settings. Currently i cant use this at work. Thanks

Album Art Downloader

Reply #59
AlexVallat:
Would it be possible to have proxy settings. Currently i cant use this at work. Thanks

It uses the system proxy settings. Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings, and fill in your proxy server settings. They will then be used by Album Art Downloader.

If you can't do that, or you need to set separate proxy settings for some reason, then open the AlbumArt.exe.config file in the Album Art Downloader program folder. Add to the end of it, just above the </configuration> end tag, this XML:
Code: [Select]
<system.net>
  <defaultProxy>
    <proxy proxyaddress="your proxy address" />
  </defaultProxy>
</system.net>

more details...

Incidentally, this method can be used with any .net application (and if you are really cunning, you can set it up as a machine or user-wide setting).

Alex

Do you have the .net runtimes installed?
Yes I have . Netframework 2 installed so I really don't understand what is the problem

Then I don't know either, sorry. You could try uninstalling, re-downloading and reinstalling, in case something got corrupted somewhere along the line. Or you could try posting the exact error text, I'll google it and see if something turns up.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #60
I am willing to do that but I got all the messages in german. I hope I will translate it right then 
But I try uninstalling and then installing

Album Art Downloader

Reply #61
k so i have a question all my music is in d:\music\ but i store my album art to c:\album art  is there an easy way for me to get it to search the music in d:\music and have it save to c:\album art?

anyone have an answer for this?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #62

This is Marc's feature, he might have a better answer for you, although I know he is very busy with other matters at the moment.

As far as I can tell, the browser searches for a file with the Default Art Filename set in the options, in the same folder as the music file is found. This makes it unsuitable for your requirements, because the filename of the album art is not constructed from the ID3 tags of the music file, so there is no way to find it in another folder.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #63

This is Marc's feature, he might have a better answer for you, although I know he is very busy with other matters at the moment.

As far as I can tell, the browser searches for a file with the Default Art Filename set in the options, in the same folder as the music file is found. This makes it unsuitable for your requirements, because the filename of the album art is not constructed from the ID3 tags of the music file, so there is no way to find it in another folder.

Alex

Hi,

As Alex just mentioned I am currently busy with my two new baby twin girls. 

Additionally my main computer is broken and I just have an old laptop. As soon as possible I will work on the tool again. I have a nice list of todos and ideas.

Marc

Album Art Downloader

Reply #64
AlexVallat:

It uses the system proxy settings. Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings, and fill in your proxy server settings. They will then be used by Album Art Downloader.

If you can't do that, or you need to set separate proxy settings for some reason, then open the AlbumArt.exe.config file in the Album Art Downloader program folder. Add to the end of it, just above the </configuration> end tag, this XML:
<system.net>
  <defaultProxy>
  </defaultProxy>
</system.net>

more details...

Incidentally, this method can be used with any .net application (and if you are really cunning, you can set it up as a machine or user-wide setting).

Just discovered a strange thing that might be the source of the problem, i dont have a config file. I looked in the program folder as in my application data folder. Nothing.
I have tried to change settings to force the creation, nothing. i have rights to create in this folder so dont really see why it isnt created... any idea?

Album Art Downloader

Reply #65
My run settings are:
"C:\Arquivos de programas\foobar2000\utilities\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe" "%artist%" "%album%" "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)cover.jpg"

But I still get the artist/album/path spaces blank :/
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Album Art Downloader

Reply #66
My run settings are:
"C:\Arquivos de programas\foobar2000\utilities\AlbumArtDownloader\albumart.exe" "%artist%" "%album%" "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)cover.jpg"

But I still get the artist/album/path spaces blank :/

Check the first post for the current commandline switches for the newest version.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #67
Just discovered a strange thing that might be the source of the problem, i dont have a config file. I looked in the program folder as in my application data folder. Nothing.
I have tried to change settings to force the creation, nothing. i have rights to create in this folder so dont really see why it isnt created... any idea?

Huh, OK, guess it must be sticking the config file in isolated storage then.

Nevermind, you can just create a plain text file with the name AlbumArt.exe.config in your album art program folder (next to the .exe), and put the text:
<configuration>
<system.net>
  <defaultProxy>
  </defaultProxy>
</system.net>
</configuration>

in it, and it should work fine.

If you want to find the per-user config file for whatever reason, it should live in:
\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Marc_Landis,_Alex_Vallat\AlbumArt.exe_Url_random junk\version number\user.config

You could also add the <system.net> element to that, if you prefer.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #68
So here is a translation of my "failure window":
Album Art downloader has recognised a problem and must be shut down.

Does someone knows an utility to copy the hole infomations because Copy and paste won't work

Album Art Downloader

Reply #69
So here is a translation of my "failure window":
Album Art downloader has recognised a problem and must be shut down.
Does someone knows an utility to copy the hole infomations because Copy and paste won't work
How about using Alt+PrtScr to capture a screenshot of it?

You said you tried uninstalling and re-installing AlbumArt Downloader, did you use the latest 0.6 version to re-install?

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #70

Alex

Hi,

As Alex just mentioned I am currently busy with my two new baby twin girls. 

Additionally my main computer is broken and I just have an old laptop. As soon as possible I will work on the tool again. I have a nice list of todos and ideas.

Marc

no worries understandable life comes before computer stuff:) even a simple thing that if it even saved in the directories the music is in if you can save it in a %artist% - %album% deal so then u can just goto windows search and search for *.jpg in the music section then just cut and paste all the covers to the directory they are all stored in.

Album Art Downloader

Reply #71
Hi Guys,

I'm new to Album Art Downloader, although I have been using its predecessor (Coverartdownloader) with REACT2. I've now managed to get this newer version working in REACT2 and have found it to be a big improvement  .  Anyway, I've got 2 questions:

1.) Is it possible to change the order in which the returned results are displayed? For example, how can I get the results from Amazon to show up before the results from GoogleImage?

2.) Is it possible to limit the results by image size? For example, how can I get the scripts to return images no smaller than 300x300 pixels?

Thanks in advance, 

- p

Album Art Downloader

Reply #72
Hi Phaedra,

To change the order the results are displayed, go to File, Settings, Script Manager, and use the Up and Down arrows to move the sources you want to use into the order you want to use them.

It is not currently possible to impose a size limit on the images, but I think this functionality will be added soon.

Alex

Album Art Downloader

Reply #73
Thanks Alex!    And thanks for your work on this Project! Now that it is possible to store album art in flac files I'll be using your tool a lot. 

- p

Album Art Downloader

Reply #74
I've now managed to get this newer version working in REACT2 and have found it to be a big improvement  .

I've been wanting to do this as well, but thought it wasn't possible due to the way REACT2 was coded.  Can you explain how you got it to work?  Thanks!