Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best way to chop up an MP3 (Read 2018 times) previous topic - next topic

Best way to chop up an MP3

I've downloaded some free MP3s from various sources of classical music online.  Unfortunately, they have these annoying verbal introductions at the beginning and they're not split up into movements, as I prefer.

In the past, I've decompressed the MP3s into WAVs using CDeX, edited out the parts I don't want in Goldwave, and then re-compressed the edited WAV files back into MP3s.

I'm concerned about this approach, however: Because I didn't enccode the MP3s in the first place, I have no idea how they were encoded.  So when I reencode the edited WAVs, I'm afraid I'm degrading the quality of the file.

Is there anything I can do about this problem?  I like my high-quality files...

Thanks in advance,
-Starwiz

Reply #1
mp3directcut:  http://www.mpesch3.de/
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #2
That's perfect.

Thanks a lot.