Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: proper replay gain scanner? or how do I do this? (Read 1009 times) previous topic - next topic

proper replay gain scanner? or how do I do this?

I incidentally went and replaygained some files not realizing since playing around with lfe, that it was the lowered lfe level that was dropping the levels, eventually noticing the mistake. I'd like to level/replaygain as many tracks as I can to avoid as much change as possible from to track while retaining similarity in lfe levels, either processed or not. I haven't had much luck with the stock replay-gain scanner in fb2k, it always wants to turn the level way down. Can anyone help sort the kinks in properly adjusting replaygain so everything hits either as loud as it can without clipping or matches the relatively quietest track at full potential replay/gain? Know what I mean?

I remember asking about this once before and someone said something more advanced was in development, thought I might add.

Re: proper replay gain scanner? or how do I do this?

Reply #1
ReplayGain does not attenuate chosen channels (like LFE) and it does not equalise bands. It attenuates uniformly whole bandwidth - it just lowers loudness by lowering each amplitude by the same value. If you do RG and perceive loudness as too small you can use preamplifier in RG settings or just turn the knob on your receiver / loudspeakers set.

Re: proper replay gain scanner? or how do I do this?

Reply #2
Thanks for clarifying, I think I fixed it, that wasn't as confusing as I thought.