Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: anyone using cd dae to extract .wav... (Read 5051 times) previous topic - next topic

anyone using cd dae to extract .wav...

there is a program distributed at the cd speed homepage called cd dae, it doesnt do error correction, but it does seem to do an accurate error check.  its a very simple program, it rips fast and seems to be quite accurate (with verify enabled).  for cd's that are in decent shape can anyone comment on wether this is or would be a good alternative to eac & cdex.

just exploring some of the options out there.

CD DAE - 0.4B - Windows - cddae_04.zip - 276 KB
here is a link to it http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=cddae.html

thanks,
dave

Reply #1
Err? Do I see correctly that it has no support for encoders of any kind? WTF...

I should think the "verify" option (which means that the track is read twice) is roughly the same as EAC's burst mode "Test & Copy" - accurate, but no error reporting. That is not enough "security" IMHO.

But why use anything else than EAC/CDex anyway?

Reply #2
there is error reporting within this program.  and it seems as stingy at ripping as EAC too..

Reply #3
Ah, but how do you know that the error reporting is as reliable as EAC's? If my assumption that the tool only uses jitter corrected or burst mode is correct, it would only provide very vague error reporting.

Reply #4
Volcano: It performes a double-read.

Not too impressive program. EAC is still the no.1 by far.

Reply #5
Volcano: It performes a double-read.

Yep, that's why I compared it to EAC's "Test & Copy" feature. I suppose this is roughly the same, isn't it?