Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Run Command (Read 76202 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Run Command

Reply #75
Thank you very much for your nice answer! You are very kind!!
I'll be waiting for the updated version of your component , whenever you will have time!
Again ,thank you for your time my friend!

Reply #76
Is there a way to suppress confirmation message when running the following command:
foobar2000.exe /runcmd-files="Utilities/Rebuild MP3 Stream" c:\someFolder\*.*

getting a confirmation message.

also getting a different confirmation message on this command:
foobar2000.exe /runcmd-files="Convert/32mbps" c:\someFolder\*.*

those messages are part of the normal UI behavior. Is there a way to script those commands in a quiet mode to avoid interaction.
I do not want to confirm anything in the middle of the script.

Thanks

Reply #77
I can't get the command prompt to run anything under "Sort" in the Edit menu -- I want to set Foobar to run the randomize command and it doesn't actually do what it's supposed to...

foobar2000.exe /runcmd="Edit/Sort/Randomize"

v1.3.14

In console, this is the error I get:
runcmd: Resolving main menu command: Edit/Sort/Randomize
No available command found

Any ideas?

Reply #78
I can't get the command prompt to run anything under "Sort" in the Edit menu -- I want to set Foobar to run the randomize command and it doesn't actually do what it's supposed to...

v1.3.14

Any ideas?
I'm trying a similar thing - reverse a playlist. I thought foobar2000.exe /runcmd="Edit/Sort/Reverse" would do the job, but it doesn't work. Same error as yours...
This command is not dynamically generated, but I still don't know why it doesn't work.

Reply #79
Hello,
we are using Foobar2000 v1.3.17on LINUX  under wine with foobar2000.exe /runcmd="view/swith to playlist/ name of playlist" /runcmd="Playback/play".
other commands work in the same environment (

The goal is to start playing always the same file (a web radio) when foobar is turned on.

We assigned these commands to keyboard shortcut and it works.
Thank you for your help.

Reply #80
Please HELP:
"/runcmd=View/Visualisations/Analog VU Meter skins/<Default>/Next skin"
don't work (

Reply #81
Hi,

I'm out of ideas, I'd like to control the playback of foobar through the parameter /rundcmd.
But when I execute:
Code: [Select]
foobar2000.exe /runcmd="Playback/Play or Pause"
I receive the error:
Unknown commandline parameter: /rundcmd=Playback/Play or Pause

Am I doing something wrong here? (Obviously, but what :D)
Could someone help me out?

Thanks!

--BenniP

Reply #82
I'm out of ideas, I'd like to control the playback of foobar through the parameter /rundcmd.
I receive the error:
Unknown commandline parameter: /rundcmd=Playback/Play or Pause
Firstly you have a typo in there ...

However why not try the built-in command line options?

foobar2000.exe /command:"Play or pause"

Cheers

Reply #83
Thank you very much, didn't see that!
How stupid of me  >:(

Yeah, after I posted that I realised that as well.

Reply #84
If anyone is interested, I've made a little variant of this which processes main menu commands only but it has full support for dynamically generated menu items so you can switch playlists, output devices, run all Edit commands etc.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118824.msg982342#msg982342

Reply #85
Wow, I was looking for this for quite some time! Thanks!

Reply #86
"c:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" /runcmd-playlist="Tagging/Remove tags from file(s)" "d:\Temp\Test.flac"
"c:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" /runcmd-playlist="Utilities/Remove embedded cuesheet(s)" "d:\Temp\Test.flac"

Error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't working from console. But working from UI. Any ideas?

Reply #87
Is there any reason why sorting doesn't work at all, bar for keyboard shortcuts?

No matter what I try: foo_run_cmd, built-in foobar cmd capabilities, full playlist sorting via main menu, selection sorting via main menu, context sorting - none if it works.

This question has been asked already before to no asnwer:

v1.3.14

Any ideas?
I'm trying a similar thing - reverse a playlist. I thought foobar2000.exe /runcmd="Edit/Sort/Reverse" would do the job, but it doesn't work. Same error as yours...
This command is not dynamically generated, but I still don't know why it doesn't work.

Reply #88
It has been answered and alternatives have been posted. Read the last few pages again.

edit: please don't exclaim the Sort menu isn't dynamically generated. It is....

Reply #89
It has been answered and alternatives have been posted. Read the last few pages again.

edit: please don't exclaim the Sort menu isn't dynamically generated. It is....
Thanks, I was looking for direct answer to those posts. Now it works perfectly (although to set up a scheduler like I wanted I'm using now four distinct plugins, foo_runcmd, foo_run_main, foo_run & foo_scheduler).

Reply #90
After hacker(ing) hides item "remove from playback queue" item is completely lost. And command ı/runcmd-context, /runcmd-playlist, even with /runcmd-playingı /runcmd="remove from playback queue" not work. Help please.

Reply #91
How can you tell foobar to exit after completion of a command?

Specifically, I ran
foobar2000.exe /runcmd-files=Convert/FLAC *.flac

this worked fine.  how do I tell foobar to exit?

Thanks

Reply #92
Hello. And how set dsp preset over command line? /runcmd="playback/dsp settings/preset" do not working.

Reply #93
This component can't run presets because the menu items are dynamically generated on the fly as you create/remove them.

My component (foo_run_main) supports it.

Download: https://github.com/marc2k3/fb2k-component/releases
Readme: https://github.com/marc2k3/fb2k-component/blob/main/README.md#foo_run_main

Reply #94
Hello. Can teach foo_runcmd read brackets "( )" in play path when opening a file? By command foobar2000.exe /runcmd-files=play "C:\(music)\file 1.mp3" file not opening.  :-[

Reply #96
So working. Thank. But wanted would without apostrophes.

Reply #97
It's a bad idea to use unusual characters in file paths and file names.  When you ask a program to process a string such as "C:\(music)\file 1.mp3", first there are limitations in how the language used to write the program handles strings, and then there are limitations on how the operating system handles the string once it is passed through.

It is not unusual to have to "escape" special characters or whole strings to make sure they reach their destination intact, sometimes multiple times, for example enclosing a string in quotes if it contains a space so that the string is not interpreted as two separate strings.  One reason is that certain characters have special meanings.  " " is used to recognise that the end of a string has been reached.  "\" is interpreted as a separator in path strings.  "(" (when passed into Windows) is interpreted as continuing the command on the next line.

If you don't like

C:\'('music')'\file 1.mp3

...you might find this works:

'C:\(music)\file 1.mp3'

...but you would be better off not using "(music)" as your folder name in the first place.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #98
Is there a way to create a new playlist querying one of the filtering device?
For instance: Quicksearch  artist HAS Miles

And one to select a plylist and then start the playback from that playlist?

Thank you.

Reply #99
Hi,
Is there similar component for 64 bit fb2k?

edit:
I'm trying to run "File Operations" command on selected playlist items though through command line
foobar2000 "/playlist_command:<File Operations/Move to/preset_name>" 
  this doesn't work