Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bug with aac & alac (Read 2599 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug with aac & alac

Hello,

I'm using the newest stable version of foobar and the free encoder pack. I deleted and re-installed all today but does not help.

If I try to convert wav, flac or mp3 in alac or aac I always get this:

"1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "E:\Audio\Allerlei\Daughter - In The Shallows (Demo Version).flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 2 (0x00000002); please re-check parameters) : "E:\Audio\Allerlei\In The Shallows (Demo Version).m4a"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\qaac.exe" --ignorelength -s --no-optimize --alac -o "In The Shallows (Demo Version).m4a" -
  Working folder: E:\Audio\Allerlei\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 2 (0x00000002); please re-check parameters

What can I do to solve it?

Re: Bug with aac & alac

Reply #1
Note that qaac requires installed iTunes or access to its dlls. If you remove qaac you can encode to ALAC with the bundled refalac binary.

Easiest way to get qaac working is to install iTunes. If you have 7-Zip you can also use makeportable batch file to extract the required dlls. Place the QTFiles dir inside the encoders directory.

Reply #2
To install iTunes helped me out. Thank you.

Reply #3
If you have 7-Zip you can also use makeportable batch file to extract the required dlls. Place the QTFiles dir inside the encoders directory.

Case:  man THANKS for the heads-up on this, no way I was going to install iTunes but this batch file was genius!!  qaac is now an option for me in Foobar.

Reply #4
Note that qaac requires installed iTunes or access to its dlls. If you remove qaac you can encode to ALAC with the bundled refalac binary.

Easiest way to get qaac working is to install iTunes. If you have 7-Zip you can also use makeportable batch file to extract the required dlls. Place the QTFiles dir inside the encoders directory.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? When I run makeportable.cmd, it does nothing

Reply #5

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? When I run makeportable.cmd, it does nothing

Do you have the full iTunes installer? You don't have to install it, but makeportable needs it to extract the required files. Put it in the same folder as makeportable. You do need to have 7-zip installed for it to work.
https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
After makeportable creates a QTFiles folder, copy that to the same location as qaac.exe

Reply #6
Another take on what yetanotherid said:

1.  Download the iTunes installer (do not run!) from Apple, and "makeportable.zip from https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet/makeportable.zip

2.  Extract "makeportable.cmd" from makeportable.zip to the same location where put the iTunes installer from step #1

3.  Run makeportable.cmd;  it will make a folder named "QTfiles", which contains everything you need from iTunes to use qaac without having to install iTunes.

4.  Put the folder "QTfiles" in your Foobar2000/Encoders folder;  you can delete the iTunes installer and makeportable.cmd.

5.  Now qaac can be used to encode in either ALAC or AAC.