Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature Request] Being able to use the Audeze Reveal Plugin on iPadOS.  (Read 1415 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature Request] Being able to use the Audeze Reveal Plugin on iPadOS.

I’m not sure if this is even technically feasible, but it would be a ‘nice to have’ to be able to use the features of Audeze’s Reveal plugin on the mobile version of Foobar2000 as a DSP setting.  I know (from KMan’s, an Audeze employee, posts on head-fi) that Audeze can work with software developers to incorporate the EQ settings for their headphones, at least.

Re: [Feature Request] Being able to use the Audeze Reveal Plugin on iPadOS.

Reply #1
For free?

Reply #2
Do you mean the Reveal plugin?  It's free from Audeze, with regard to the standard EQ settings for each of their headphones.  The more advanced features have to be paid for.  But the standard features are good enough.

Reply #4
Also, this is the subforum for the mobile player. I don't think Audeze Reveal is available there.

Reply #5
Well, as I said, I wasn't sure if this was technically possible (it's been about 20 years since I've coded anything, so please pardon my lack of knowledge on this).  As Reveal is a 'plugin', I wasn't sure if it's standalone, executable code or if it's a file with a set of parameters that integrates with applications such Foobar2000 (and others) on the desktop.

If it's the latter, I wasn't sure if a parameter-type file can be integrated into an iOS/iPadOS app in a similar way as on MacOS.

Reply #6
Probably a proprietary binary file format that can't be implemented without their exact filter. Plus, to even make such a filter, you need their $200 product.