Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_logitech_lcd (Read 166235 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #75
Thanks for the reply
Nice! I hadn't seen anything like that with the keyboard before. Hmmm - I don't think there is anything in the API that allows that kind of change to be made to the keyboard, certainly nothing I've seen, which would suggest they did that with some reverse engineering and/or unofficial API calls - neither of which I'm particularly happy about doing (they are prone to all sorts of problems). However I'll have a look and see if I can see how it might be done.

Well when used with winamp/mediamonkey it was always used as its own visulisation. You couldnt use any other vis, that was all you got. And Wvs (Winamp Visual System) was very buggy. I could hardly ever get it too boot when i launched winamp, then it was booting in mediamonkey but errors were coming up on the lcd screen.
Yeah that video is one of many, its such a great party piece  I always used it when it was working. If i can help in any way lemme know (doubt that however).
Although here is a link to WVS, and i think the source code is also available, perhaps that will help you out?  Here

Course now I've seen that video I'll also be looking at implementing some of those visualisations/modes!

Yeah, i was going to request that feature too  implementing some peakmeter's or vu bars into the track info page, but i didnt fancy pushing my luck .

Regards, Anomaly

EDIT: Just had another little look around and came across this, this looks like it could be very useful. Hope it helps  http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3109

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #76
It really must be me but I try to get the album art displayed in the background yet it doesn't happen

I have the following string F:\MP3\Artists\%artist%\%album%\Folder.jpg for some reason is doesn't work nor does $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg

Maybe a weird idea but is it somehow possible to grab the info from foo_covers because for some reason it does work there or i'm not following a thing here.

I'll quote my own post to make it a bit easier to follow

if I read the console correctly it doesn't get initialized
Code: [Select]
Watching: F:\MP3\Artists
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x360606): initliased in 0.0000190 s
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x860be2): initliased in 0.0000060 s
Filter 36 msec
Filter Panel - File: initialised in 0.016 s
Group 9 msec
Filter Panel - Artist: initialised in 0.018 s
Populate 23 msec
Filter Panel - Album: initialised in 0.014 s
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x320dc6): initliased in 0.0000018 s
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x5f0a3c): initliased in 0.0000010 s
itm focus changed
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x350c34): initliased in 0.0000002 s
itm focus changed
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x6508aa): initliased in 0.0000002 s
WSH Panel Mod (HWND: 0x410e04): initliased in 0.0000036 s
Autoplaylists initialized in: 0:00.074359
"Albums" : 0:00.074337
Startup time : 0:02.527534
Times: a0 - a1: 0msec
Times: a1 - a2: 0msec
Times: a2 - a3: 0msec
Times: a3 - a4: 0msec
Times: a4 - a5: 0msec
Synch: 1 msec (in mainthread!)
itm focus changed
itm focus changed
itm focus changed
itm focus changed
Opening track for playback: "F:\MP3\Artists\Dune\Expedition\01 Dune - Rising.mp3"
itm focus changed
itm focus changed
Opening track for playback: "F:\MP3\Artists\Dune\Expedition\02 Dune - Million Miles From Home.mp3"
itm focus changed
itm focus changed

the cover in question is located at F:\MP3\Artists\Dune\Expedition\folder.jpg
From file works except on the track info page don't know if it's done on purpose or not.

after switching around with 4-5 track I do get the following error in the console
Code: [Select]
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [GDI+ Error] (.\Bitmap.cpp, NLCD::CImage::UpdateBitmap, 53): [OutOfMemory] Failed to load image

I hope this will help.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #77
Thanks for the info - the component doesn't spit out any info on initialisation, so that's fine - only errors and warnings are printed by it.

The image should work on the track info page, but I appear to have broken that - oops.

The error is useful - looks like there might be a memory leak or other memory badness going on - I'll look into it. Could you PM/mail me any image that that error is displayed for? (email address is in the readme).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #78
After some more more inspection I come to the conclusion that it actually happens at every cover I try to display. The max cover size 600x600 and around max 400KB most around 600x600 but about less than half in filesize.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #79
A somewhat delayed v0.3.5 is now available which addresses at least some of the recent problems that people have mentioned - although I couldn't get all the issues to occur with my set up.

If people who have been having problems recently (especially Hakker and IRoN) could try the new version and let me know if it solves the problems.

*crosses fingers*

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #80
3.5 is working great here

Only thing I noticed (also in previous versions) is that I can't change the text color.
Changing the font works but when I set a color only the progress bar changes.
It doesn't matter if I change the color at the font menu or the color change menu, the text color is always white
(at the font menu the example is also in the right color)

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #81
Oops - guess that happened when I rewrote the text handling.

I'll fix it ASAP.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #82
Fixed! (Turned out to be really easy)

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #84
No more bug with main fonts, but still there is some trash in time strings in 'progress bar & time'. 

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #85
 That's not so good.

Sadly, I couldn't get it your problems to happen with my set up so I had hoped the other changes I made might fix it - guess not.

Can you try deleting the settings for the component? (Remove the DLL then start foobar and select no when asked if you would like to keep its settings, then put the DLL back - this should make all the settings the defaults.) Even if you have done this previously it's probably worth doing given some of the fixes I made to the config code. Unfortunately you will lose any customisations - sorry.

If you do, do this it would be good to know if the problem happens again without you making any changes to the configuration - the more I can rule out the better.

Edit: Just tried something and managed to get some not so good looking font stuff happening in the progress bar - not sure why it didn't happen previously, but such is life. Still, I'm not sure it is the same issue you are having - could you post/mail me a pic? Also it's less likely the above suggestion will have any affect, but it might help, so I'll leave it there anyway.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #86
Any chance this could work on the Z-5500 LCD display?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #87
Unfortunately not - from the product pictures it looks like the Z-5500 supports only DiNovo style LCD information for which Logitech have not released an SDK.

I'd like to support it, but without the SDK it's not something I can do.

Sorry

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #88
Unfortunately not - from the product pictures it looks like the Z-5500 supports only DiNovo style LCD information for which Logitech have not released an SDK.

I'd like to support it, but without the SDK it's not something I can do.

Sorry

Not only that, but it doesent actually attatch to the Computer in anyway which would allow the changing of the lcd, do agree though, would really love that  you need to look into these speakers  as im pretty sure its possibe on these : Z-10 speakers

Btw, ectotropic, have you had any further look into some of those links i posted. Or even better are you working them into the next release?

Anomaly

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #89
as im pretty sure its possibe on these : Z-10 speakers

Z-10s are indeed supported - and I believe some people are already using them with this component.

Btw, ectotropic, have you had any further look into some of those links i posted. Or even better are you working them into the next release?

Oops - sorry - I did mean to reply earlier - I have had a look at the links, and it seems pretty easy to add support but the only way to do it is via hacking/reverse engineering the logitech dlls - the APIs provided by other people simply wrap up those hacks in an easy to use interface. As such I'm not sure how happy I am about supporting it - not only is such code potentially dangerous (worst case it could actually harm the keyboard), it may be a breach of the foobar and/or logitech licenses.

I'm not saying I'm not going to support it - just that I need to find a way that is safe and within the rules. I have some ideas - I'll let you know if I manage anything.

Sorry it isn't better news  but as with the DiNovo LCDs screens, if Logitech would provide the interface I would add support ASAP.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #90
I love your plugin (much better than it's predecessor). Though I have found several issues with it. All tests were performed on a G15 (revised edition; using driver v3.02.173) using Foobar v0.9.6.9 on Vista Ultimate x64.

Critical bug:
Note that sometimes this won't crash when music is playing, while other times it will crash when music is playing.
1. Go to "Block Spectrum Analyser" settings.
2. Make sure "gap" is checked.
3. Change block count to zero (or a number less than zero; it will automatically change to zero) and change to another field to apply the setting.
4. Switch to "Block Spectrum Analyser" page on LCD. (It will instantly crash if you are already on that visualization.)
5. Program crash.

Non-critical bug:
Same as above, except change the block count to a number greater than 80. It will cause the visualization to show nothing at all.

Critical bug:
Note that sometimes this won't crash when music is playing, while other times it will crash when music is playing.
1. Make sure no music is playing and that the plugin is active (i.e., make sure "To Background On Stop/Pause" is unchecked).
2. Go to "Stereo Block Spectrum Analyser" settings.
3. Make sure "gap" is checked.
4. Change block count to zero (or a number less than zero; it will automatically change to zero) and change to another field to apply the setting.
5. Switch to "Stereo Block Spectrum Analyser" page on LCD. (It will instantly crash if you are already on that visualization.)
6. Program crash.

Critical bug:
1. Make sure no music is playing and that the plugin is active (i.e., make sure "To Background On Stop/Pause" is unchecked).
2. Go to "Stereo Block Spectrum Analyser" settings.
3. Make sure "gap" is unchecked.
4. Change block count to a number greater than 80 and change to another field to apply the setting.
5. Switch to "Stereo Block Spectrum Analyser" page on LCD. (It will instantly crash if you are already on that visualization.)
6. Program crash.

Critical bug:
1. Make sure music is playing.
2. Go to the "Stereo Block Spectrum Analyser" settings.
3. Make sure "gap" is checked.
4. Change block count to zero (or a number less than zero; it will automatically change to zero) and change to another field to apply the setting.
5. Switch to "Block Spectrum Analyser" page on LCD if it's not already active.
6. The LCD applet will stop functioning (freeze), but will not cause a crash.

There are probably other combinations that I haven't tried which will yield similar results.

Strange bug:
It appears that the calculations for block counts on "Block Spectrum Analyser" and "Stereo Block Spectrum Analyser" are different. With the mono one, it seems to do everything correctly, whereas the stereo one won't always show the number of blocks it is supposed to. I haven't tested this thoroughly, but they appear to act differently with the same (high) numbers of blocks.

Non-critical bug:
When playing music from a streaming source which dynamically updates the music title, the LCD info will not change. I noticed that the old G15 plugin properly updated the LCD text when the title dynamically changed, but this one does not.

It's very odd the way this crashes. Sometimes it won't crash, but render the LCD useless, while other times it will crash. It's probably some memory that's getting overwritten that's causing this to be so random.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #91
Quote from: Da_FileServer link=msg=0 date=
I love your plugin (much better than it's predecessor).
Thanks! Always nice to hear!

Quote from: Da_FileServer link=msg=0 date=
Though I have found several issues with it.
D'oh!

Got to say your testing and reporting of results is impressive! Lots of useful information there - makes my job a lot easier. Thanks! As a thought, you may want to put that kind of detail in a codebox - makes the post more compact/cleaner.

I thought I had put in code to deal with all the cases where setting block counts out of range would cause problems, obviously not. I'll look into that as a priority. Think it should be an easy fix. (And yes it is probably trashing some memory - I'm guessing an off by one error somewhere.)

The streaming music thing is an interesting problem - I'll need to delve deeper into foobars handling of track info. (I could fix it very quickly, but it would break something else, so I need a better solution.)

I'll check the block count code for the stereo and mono outputs as well, see what's going amiss.

As has been the case for a while - updates may take some time (other things going on).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #92
Hey, I gave this plugin a shot, because I really need something to Jazz up the Logitec LCD built into my XPS M1730.

I installed it to fubar, and can view the settings in Preferences and everything, no errors, but my LCD simply is not affected. I've tried looking at the LCDs list of available inputs and there's nothing new, just the clock, the CPU monitor, and the Media display for WMP.

Any idea why the plugin isn't affecting my LCD?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #93
Any idea why the plugin isn't affecting my LCD?

Not at present I'm afraid, but I'm sure it's probably something simple.

Check the foobar console for information (View->Console) and let me know what it says there (relevant entries should be prefixed with the name of the dll).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #94
It's working great now. Sometimes it's abit slow with the cover but in the end it picks them up.
One question which I don't think is possible but hell I can try  is it possible to give a small outline in the font? eg a black border on white font? I doubt it can be done but who knows

oh and maybe the spectrum analyzer bar mode as a future option but I think I requested that before

It's a really niec mod though as it currently is

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #95
Hmm, seems pretty simple, it's not liking my driver version
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, `anonymous-namespace'::APIInit, 629): LCD drivers not installed or incorrect version.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, NLCD::CConnection::NewConnection, 563): Failed to initialise LCD API
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDDisplay.cpp, CLCDDisplay::Initialise, 61): Failed to create LCD object. Plugin will be unavailable.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\foobarDLL.cpp, CFoobarDLL::threadProc, 128): Could not initialise LCD. Plugin will be unavailable.

I dug around logitec but couldn't find places to download latest drivers. Could I give you an indication of my version by looking at the SDK or DLLs that came with it or something?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #96
Quote from: Hakker link=msg=0 date=
It's working great now. Sometimes it's abit slow with the cover but in the end it picks them up.
Yay!  The delay is unfortunate, I'll see if I can improve it any - I assume you mean seconds rather than minutes?

Quote from: Hakker link=msg=0 date=
is it possible to give a small outline in the font?
Good question - I'm not sure tbh, will look and see. Your other request is noted

Quote from: alainbryden link=msg=0 date=
Hmm, seems pretty simple, it's not liking my driver version...I dug around logitec but couldn't find places to download latest drivers.
To check version of the software installed either go to the "About" page of the LCD manager or right click the tray icon and select "About", the version should be 3.02 or later - to update the software try the "Internet Updates" page (but this doesn't seem to work very often).

I'm not sure what the deal is with your laptop given the LCD is built in it might need special drivers but my guess would be that actually it just uses the normal G15 drivers (and is wired to an internal USB port), even if not, the software for all the LCD enabled keyboards that this plugin supports is actually the same and only varies by OS version.

So, if I were you I would download the software for the G15 keyboard (link in 1st post) and try that however there is a chance this might not work and might cause compatibility issues and at worst could potentially make the laptop unable to boot into Windows. Try at your own risk.

Let me know if that helps.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #97
It's indeed seconds and it's mostly during the first track I play after that new cd's seem to pick up easier in general. It's not a big deal but more of something I noticed along the way.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #98
Hmm,

Foo_G15LCD Component Version 0.3b works fine for me. Is yours supposed to supersede it? I really would like to take advantage of some of the advanced visualization features in your plugin, even if my display is only monochromatic.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #99
Yes, foo_logitech_lcd does superceed foo_g15lcd as it provides all the functionality of it plus lots more, but foo_g15lcd uses an older version of the Logitech SDK which in turn requires an older version of the drivers in order to work (which is why it works fine for you). Reasonably recently Logitech changed the way the SDK works - depreciating some features, adding others - which unfortunately also removed backwards compatibility for the drivers.

I had a quick search for people using the XPS M1730 and the G15 drivers and it seems there are a few and it works fine (anyone who has installed a 64bit OS on the machine needs to use Logitech drivers for it - so there's a few machines running them). However as I said before it is at your own risk that you try - if you do try, let me know how you get on.

Also, I have grabbed an older version of the SDK and will have a look and see if there is any reason for me not to use it instead - it might be I can get away with it, though I can't make any promises. Any update is not likely to happen very quickly though.