Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SEARCH FB2K FOR PLAYLISTS? (Read 1870 times) previous topic - next topic

SEARCH FB2K FOR PLAYLISTS?

Hi, and this is my first post to this forum... Exciting! :)

I'm a daily FB2K user and over time I've built up a  huge number of playlists,, each containing tracks from an album I like.

Problem is, I now have so many playlists that they've become unmanageable and I can't find the one I want.

MY QUESTION: how do I search for the playlist I want?

I've spent some time combing through these forums looking for the answer, which I'm assuming involves an FB2K plug-in (there are many that might work and I'm hoping somebody can point me to the right one for me).

Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the answer I need in these forums, probably because I'm a 72-year-old stroke survivor with some cognitive limitations.

So please forgive me if I haven't found my answer when I should have on my own.

And, if your answer is to redirect me to an existing thread, that would be just fine. 8)

George NJ, newsletter editor, New Jersey Audio Society monthly newsletter

Re: SEARCH FB2K FOR PLAYLISTS?

Reply #1
...which I'm assuming involves an FB2K plug-in (there are many that might work and I'm hoping somebody can point me to the right one for me).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #2
OMG... very useful... thanks a lot!

Reply #3
I meant to add, sadly nothing listed allows someone to search for a playlist by name. Maybe search for <name>.fpl in Explorer?

Reply #4
Yes. It is a good workaround!

Reply #5
I meant to add, sadly nothing listed allows someone to search for a playlist by name. Maybe search for <name>.fpl in Explorer?
Thank you so much for your kindness in going to the trouble of listing those add-ins.

As of now, it looks as if I will either have to try all the add-ins that might possibly work, one at a time, or else:

[drumroll] try one of the Foobar remote applications. Anyone having anything to add about these have Foobar remote applications is welcome to Reply here and edify me.

George W

Reply #6
...which I'm assuming involves an FB2K plug-in (there are many that might work and I'm hoping somebody can point me to the right one for me).

THANK YOU!

Reply #7
Thanks, I think.

Was that an answer to my question? If so, I don't understand it.  Pls explain? ;)

Reply #8
You can search for playlists by name using the Spider Monkey Panel script called JS Smooth Playlist Manager

Reply #9
Was that an answer to my question? If so, I don't understand it.  Pls explain? ;)
Yes and no. I listed those playlist components because you mentioned that having so many playlists was becoming unmanageable.  However, in looking through them, I didn't find a way to search for playlists, just through playlists. I did mention an alternative, but it looks like ubercow found the component and solution I missed, nice find!

Reply #10
@ubercow
Thank you very much!!!

@2tec
Congratulations for your website! Very very cool! Very very useful!

Reply #11
Thanks! I'll give it a look.

Reply #12
This really looks like what I'm hoping to find.
Some questions though from a newbie to these things:

-- is Spider Monkey Panel a Foobar2000 add-on component available in the components registry at https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_spider_monkey_panel?

-- Do I download and install it, learn to use it, and then somehow insert the script from https://theqwertiest.github.io/foo_spider_monkey_panel/docs/script_showcase/single_panel_scripts/#js-smooth-playlist-manager

Looking good, or at least promising, Thanks! George W 

You can search for playlists by name using the Spider Monkey Panel script called JS Smooth Playlist Manager

Reply #13
Yes that's the right component. Just install it and then add the panel somewhere in your layout. Then click the panel and a text box pops up, and you can just paste the following into it:

Code: [Select]
include('samples/js-smooth/JS Smooth Playlist Manager.js');

That should be all you need