Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: realtek audio cards too much trebles and strange eq ,but not in wasapi event (Read 699 times) previous topic - next topic

realtek audio cards too much trebles and strange eq ,but not in wasapi event

Hi

I have found that  many realtek audio cards do sound with too much trebles or bright for my ears "for my ears" , and sometime it's very hard even too equalize them
I know there are pretty cheap but in wasapi event they do play very good "for my ears" ,and the software Eq (like foobar) sounds pretty good
I know there is Apo Equalizer and about the realtek hd panel is set to default ,and i have even changed the sample rate but it doesn't change

Are the drivers ? Are some windows 10 or 7 settings?
may I ask you some feedbacks?
Have you fixed ? Or are you just leaving as they are and use wasapi event?
thanks in advance

Re: realtek audio cards too much trebles and strange eq ,but not in wasapi event

Reply #1
Have you tried "disable sound enhancements"?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/disable-audio-enhancements-0ec686c4-8d79-4588-b7e7-9287dd296f72
If it helps, then it can be some bogus DSPs automatically added by the manufacturer's drivers.
It mentions the microphone but the same setting can exist for the outputs.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Re: realtek audio cards too much trebles and strange eq ,but not in wasapi event

Reply #2
Have you tried "disable sound enhancements"?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/disable-audio-enhancements-0ec686c4-8d79-4588-b7e7-9287dd296f72
If it helps, then it can be some bogus DSPs automatically added by the manufacturer's drivers.
It mentions the microphone but the same setting can exist for the outputs.
hi Magicgoose
does disabale "disable sound enhancements" help you ?
seems to be better , sadly i would like to record in wasapi share and exclusive and compare
but if I disable "disable sound enhancements" , could I use apo equalizer ?
just seems to related to sound enhancements , does it work if i disable  ?

now i have these settings , i don't know why immediate mode is now disable and i don't know the meaning of  immediate mode
thanks Magicgoose , appreciate it a lot
Ps "a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed" ,may i ask you AutoEq is a database or a plugin or software ? and about Meier Crossfeed are refering to foobar2000 component?

Reply #3
I wonder what other effects are in your list when you scroll down? I can't see in your screenshot.
Sometimes drivers come with Dolby "enhancement" enabled which sounds utterly horrible.
There is also Spatial sound tab. I would assume that would be listed as an effect too, but for some weird reason it isn't.

If you disabled all sound effects, it will also disable effects like apo equalizer.

Immidiate mode applies the changes immidiately, so you don't have to press the Apply or OK button. That's all.

AutoEq seems like a database. You need EQ software to use the settings from that database.

Reply #4
About AutoEQ and foobar.
I would like to know if there is an easy way to import the 31 band eq settings from AutoEQ to the "Graphic Equalizer" (foo_dsp_xgeq) component of Foobar.

Reply #5
I wonder what other effects are in your list when you scroll down? I can't see in your screenshot.
Sometimes drivers come with Dolby "enhancement" enabled which sounds utterly horrible.
There is also Spatial sound tab. I would assume that would be listed as an effect too, but for some weird reason it isn't.

If you disabled all sound effects, it will also disable effects like apo equalizer.

Immidiate mode applies the changes immidiately, so you don't have to press the Apply or OK button. That's all.

AutoEq seems like a database. You need EQ software to use the settings from that database.
Hi Mark7
my operation language is not in english ,that why i haven't added all the list ,but yes there is dolby and spatial
but if I disable all sound effects "sound enhancements" will apo equalizer work ? I haven't intalled apo eq right now
have you apo equalizer installed ? just because seems that apo won't work with the sound effects disabled
my headphones are not in the autoEQ :(
thanks