Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [intended behavior]Tries to play files on non-present locations (Read 19066 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [intended behavior]Tries to play files on non-present locations

Reply #25
Would that be doable with a hook? Or would it require an input that actually lies and says the file is readable, just to report the ERROR tag?

Reply #26
Would that be doable with a hook? Or would it require an input that actually lies and says the file is readable, just to report the ERROR tag?
@kode54, unfortunately I'm not coder (maybe a little on BASIC... :) )
I think @Case and You know how implement that better.

Reply #27
I don't like this idea. If a file is corrupted trying to tag it either fails or makes any problems in the file worse. If a file doesn't exist you can't tag it. Can't you just remove your corrupted files so that they don't bother you again?

Reply #28
....Can't you just remove your corrupted files so that they don't bother you again?
In case of a playlist with radio stations with for example :
Unable to open item for playback (Network error): "http://streaming206.radionomy.com/A-RnB-FM-WEB1"
I don't want to remove that radio station b/c sometimes the radio station stream is down temporarily.

Reply #29
 ;) @LL25255252, you don't imagine how i glad of your support!
For example in attachment (playlist with many radio stations stream and some items mark as playback error!)
Maybe not for Stop on Error component (or TAG edit), but fb2k must have that exactly.

Thanks.

Reply #30
@Case, a lot of time has passed and fb2k got a lot of good changes. In this regard, let me return to the following issues that were earlier:
1. stop playback of dead radio streams
That said I took a look at the problem and unfortunately my component can't help here. The callback I use is called only after the core has tried opening the stream for 20 seconds and given up. It's up to Peter to improve the behavior here.
2. the ability to indicate playlist elements that have errors
maybe with the current interface fb2k is it possible to implement for the Stop on Error component?

Thanks!

Reply #31
@Case,
I did not notice in which version the behavior of the fb2k was changed but at least between versions 1.5.1 and 1.4. there is a difference.
For version fb2k1.4, when an error occurs, the fb go to play the next playlist item.
For version fb2k1.5.1, when an error occurs, the fb does not go to the next item of the playlist, but again tries to play that item.
Perhaps now there is an opportunity to improve the Stop on Error component for streaming items.
For testing, here is a "dead" link:
Code: [Select]
http://textville.net/chiptune.ogg?1:kjzAkNr1v8

Please take a look at this issue again.

Reply #32
Sergey77:  I have Foobar 1.5.1.  When I try to play a stream in my playlist that is not working, after the error message appears Foobar does jump to the next station on the list, but does not start to play it until I double-click it.  In Prefs/Playback/Other, I have checked "Stop playback after the current track", and NOT checked "Reset the above when stopping."  Try those settings.

Reply #33
@sveakul, thanks for your answer and advice, I will use it. This works well for the streams. For other items of the playlist, I will need to disable this option.
But I once again tested the clean versions of fb2k and I must say that the behavior, that I mentioned earlier in versions 1.4 and 1.5.1, is the same. Sorry for the hurried conclusions.

Reply #34
Hi,
I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I can't get this component to do anything.
I thought to utilise it as a way to stop playback at various points in a playlist, by inserting a non-playable file (like a png).  Fb2k generates the error when it hits such an image file, but just carries on and plays the next song in the list.
Fb2k v 1.5.1.
Thanks.

-edit-
It does work.  I've found that creating an empty text file called "STOP", adding it to the playlist, and then renaming or moving/deleting said empty file causes the desired stop behaviour.

Reply #35
I set the plugin parameter to '1' expecting that playback will stop on the first error, but instead it stops on the second error. Can it be fixed? I want playback to stop at any first error.