Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JScript Panel (Read 292564 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JScript Panel

Reply #275
Hi.

I have a bit strange question. I am trying to run foobar2000 on an old Windows XP laptop. That Windows version is supported by foobar2000 but not by JScript Panel. Is there any way to get JScript Panel that would work on Windows XP?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #276
I suspect someone who is competent could make it work but I don't know how.

Reply #277
Hi.

I have a bit strange question. I am trying to run foobar2000 on an old Windows XP laptop. That Windows version is supported by foobar2000 but not by JScript Panel. Is there any way to get JScript Panel that would work on Windows XP?

Thanks in advance.
You can try the following:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/949140/when-i-run-a-script-in-windows-script--i-receive-an-error-message-libr

Not sure if it will help though, since I don't have a VM with WinXP to test it with.

Reply #278
^That won't be an issue as the original WSH panel mod runs fine on XP. I was also releasing updated versions of WSH panel mod which also ran under XP.

Basically, all the problems started when I upgraded from VS2013>2015, updated to the latest foobar2000 SDK and also updated WTL at the same time. I remember lots of compiler errors which magically went away when I dropped the XP toolset. This was at the same time I was releasing JScript Panel as "new" component so I didn't have to care about breaking any upgrades and took the easy way out. Like I say, someone competent would have seen the errors and probably fixed it in 5 minutes.  :P

Reply #279
I couldn't apply that scripting component, I already have newer version installed.

Anyway, on Windows XP I receive the following message

Failed to load DLL: foo_jscript_panel.dll
Reason: The specified procedure could not be found.

I also tried running foobar2000 on Linux Zorin, latest version through Wine. foobar2000 runs OK, but JScript Panel crashes ("Aw, crashed" message displayed.)

Reply #281
If you really can't wait, save this inside the component folder\samples\complete\js
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/master/foo_jscript_panel/samples/complete/js/list.js
Thank you very much.
I will wait, because I'm too helpless staring of this crash-message, after doing the simple task you have written...
Code: [Select]
JScript Panel (Last.fm Similar Artists / User Charts by marc2003)
Laufzeitfehler in JavaScript:
Das Objekt unterstützt die Eigenschaft oder Methode "scale" nicht
File: E:\m\portable\foobar2000\user-components\foo_jscript_panel\samples\complete\js\list.js
Line: 977, Col: 3
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #282
Does anyone have a script for a simple button to toggle between Default and Shuffle (tracks) playback modes? Thanks!

Reply #283
v1.2.3.1
- CHG: No component changes except a version bump. All changes are to samples.
- ADD: Last.fm Bio, Allmusic, Listenbrainz samples. "Thumbs" can download images
       from Last.fm again but only manually.
- FIX: Most samples are now DPI aware so text/tooltips should increase inline
       with other desktop elements. For existing users, each panel script should
       be re-imported from the "samples\complete" folder.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/releases

late edit: It's now on the components site as well.

Reply #284
v1.2.3.3
- CHG: No component changes except a version bump.
- FIX: Fix typo in "musicbrainz.txt". Thanks to zeremy for spotting.
- CHG: Listenbrainz now has caching/retry support. It's my first attempt
       at this so please report any issues! I also need reports of any
       code 400 errors from the server as the script will need updating
       before these tracks can be submitted successfully.
- ADD: Br3tt's JS Smooth scripts are now bundled with the component and the
       separate repository has been nuked.

Reply #285
Hi There! Great fan of your work marc2003
I'm upgrading my foobar skin (wsh to jscript) and I really want to change my graphical browser to Js Smooth Browser, much more pretty and fluid. But Smooth Browser don't have keyboard navigation. Any chance of adding keyboard arrows navigation?

Reply #286
I'll have a look but from the post right above yours, you can see I'm not the original author....

Reply #287
Does anyone have a script for a simple button to toggle between Default and Shuffle (tracks) playback modes? Thanks!
I have spottet this sample: ...user-components\foo_jscript_panel\samples\basic\PBOButton(Menu).txt
named: "Playback Order Button (Popup Menu)"

Theoretical question about buttons:
Would it be possible (and how)  to replace all the f2k-default buttons with JScript Panels? Is it even possibe to hide the default f2k buttons and use only JScript Panels instead? (I'm using ColummsUI)
I have seen some examples for functions like volume or the playbar, so I guess, it is possible to ADD more buttons, but would there be an impact in speed, when adding very much buttons?

I'm asking, because I have about 40 customized buttons and the space is getting low... It seems not to be possible to add another buttonbar to f2k via columns UI, so I'm thinking about adding those buttons as JScript Panels and maybe have the benefit of flexibility in placing out of the button toolbar.

anyone using JScript Panels for buttons? Standard f2k buttons *and* customized buttons (like, i.e. starting foo_runservices or other actions) defined in foobar?

Thanks!

Reply #288
You should be able to add multiple instance of columns UI buttons to your toolbar. Just hold shift when selecting it. Otherwise, unchecking will hide them but you'd lose the custom ones I think??

Really there's no reason why you can't have rows and rows of buttons if you want.

Reply #289
hello, I'm using newest version and I got this error when playing a track with a super long artist field. Last.fm Bio and thumbs got crashed. :))

JScript Panel (Last.fm Bio by marc2003)
JavaScript runtime error:
Path not found
File: D:\Application\foobar2000\user-components\foo_jscript_panel\samples\complete\js\helpers.js
Line: 108, Col: 4
<source text only available at compile time>

the file's title and artist looks like this
 "M@STERPIECE (MOVIE VERSION)" by "Amami Haruka (CV: Nakamura Eriko), Hoshii Miki (CV: Hasegawa Akiko), Kisaragi Chihaya (CV: Imai Asami), Takatsuki Yayoi (CV: Nigo Mayako), Hagiwara Yukiho (CV: Asakura Azumi), Kikuchi Makoto (CV: Hirata Hiromi), Futami Ami/Mami (CV: Shimoda Asami), Minase Iori (CV: Kugimiya Rie), Miura Azusa (CV: Takahashi Chiaki), Shijou Takane (CV: Hara Yumi), Ganaha Hibiki (CV: Numakura Manami)"

Reply #290
Hello
I'm using foobar CUI. I am new in JScript Panel. I was recently interested in JScript Panel components and especially JS Smooth Playlist. Is it possible to add more information to view next to the album art ?. I have several different releases of the same disc. Other catalog number, publisher, year of reissue, etc. I would like to add this information to the view. Of course, everything is tagged correctly.

Best regards

Reply #291
@aloola, bug fixed in next version

@Tropoje, the original script author doesn't post here at the moment and I don't think anyone else can help with that.

Reply #292
v1.2.4
- ADD: Add utils.ColorPicker which is a popup dialog for selecting colours.
       See docs\interfaces.txt, samples\basic\Color Picker.txt
- FIX: Fix various bugs in samples\complete folder.
- CHG: Listenbrainz sample now has an on/off toggle on the menu.

Reply #293
Hi marc2003,
- CHG: Listenbrainz sample now has an on/off toggle on the menu.
This project was new to me, so I signed in to add some listens to it in addition to all my last.fm scrobbles. Good thing, thanks for supporting it!

After reviewing my listens on the listenbrains site, I recognized, that they're "incomplete", because I save remix/version info in the COMMENT Tag, which seems not to be submitted. (also, I did not found any option to tell what should be submitted by the script. Please forgive me, being a old n00b which can't analyze/understand all of your (greatly apreciated!) coding to change it myself without bothering you...)

Maybe you can add Field remappings, like in foo_audioscrobbler ?

foo_audioscrobbler settings:

My scrobbles in last.fm: (with remix information)
My listens on listenbrains: (without remix information)

Reply #294
The script doesn't use title formatting and I'm not updating it for now.

Reply #295
Thanks,
foo_audioscrobbler is sufficient then, also, it is possible to import last.fm history to listenbrains....

Another question (about building buttons via JScript)
You should be able to add multiple instance of columns UI buttons to your toolbar. Just hold shift when selecting it. 
Really there's no reason why you can't have rows and rows of buttons if you want.
Is it possible to give the buttons different behaviour, when ALT+click or CTRL+click on it?
That would be useful to add some activate/deactivate-functions or insert/remove-buttons.

Reply #296
Another thingy,
thank you for the updates on the autoplaylist script. Its clearly an improve in usablility to have a contextmenu to choose from opened when clicking on a list, and not directly start the query automaticly.  nice one!

But since the config file is in JSON format, its not easy sortable (via texteditor) anymore. (which I did to have the lists sorted the way I need them)

I have about 100 entries and new lists are added at the bottom, not where I like them to be :-)

Can you consider to add some drag'n'drop or dialogue for letting the user move entries to sort them somehow ?

Reply #297
You can customise the buttons with a bit of scripting. Taking the example from the menu button script...

buttons.buttons.menu = new _.button(0, 0, 36, 36, {normal : 'misc\\foobar2000.png'}, function () { _.menu(0, 36); }, 'Menu');

You could replace it with...

buttons.buttons.menu = new _.button(0, 0, 36, 36, {normal : 'misc\\foobar2000.png'}, function () {
var VK_SHIFT = 0x10;
var VK_CONTROL = 0x11;
var VK_ALT = 0x12;

if (utils.IsKeyPressed(VK_SHIFT)) {
fb.ShowPreferences();
} else if (utils.IsKeyPressed(VK_CONTROL)) {
fb.ShowConsole();
} else {
_.menu(0, 36);
}
}, 'Menu');

As for autoplaylists, I never really imagine people adding that many entries. I'm too lazy for drag/drop but I have added an option to move items up/down from the menu.

Obviously this is still going to be a bit cumbersome for you...

But if you use Notepad++, you can edit quite easily using the JStool plugin. After installing, press Ctrl+Alt+M with an open JSON document and you get something like this...

Reply #298
Great help, for the buttons, thank you!
As for npp, I already installed the plugin to "read" the config easy and change small typos, but was too cowardly for sorting multiple lines. Will try.
The Move/Up/Down item will also help. Thank you! Its better than nothing and lazyness is very important those fast paced days... :-)
Keep up the lazyness and the good work ;-)