Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album art column, is it possible? (Read 5808 times) previous topic - next topic

Album art column, is it possible?

Hey,

I was wondering, is it possible to add an album art column in foobar?

I know you can have them displayed in Columns UI, when you select an "NG Playlist" and choose to show groups. But the problem is that, I don't want to group anything. All I want is a simple list that that has another column for thumbnails.

Is it possible?

This is what I can do right now...

And this is what I want...

And while I'm am it, another question; how do I get things under each other? Like Title being placed under the Artist for example and making it a different font or colour?

Reply #1
What you want in the combination that you want cannot be readily achieved.

With the Default UI, while you can easily "turn off" grouping, you cannot show art in the default playlist viewer, and other compatible playlist renderer components generally rely upon grouping to display art.

In Columns UI, you can enable/disable grouping on a per playlist basis, but there is no option to disable on all playlists, although you may be able to accomplish this by removing all entries from the grouping settings (I've never tried doing so).

While it is possible to "stack" info by creating a column with the proper title formatting in both the Default UI and Columns UI, this too relies upon grouping as far as I've been able to discern.

I can't say that the three things you want in the combination that you want are impossible. Using Columns UI with the Panel Stack Splitter, ELPlaylist and/or WSH Panel Mod (or other components) may accomplish what you're looking for, but you'd have to inquire in their threads about their capabilities. My knowledge is rather limited in that regard.

An option for you is to check out the foobar configurations at Deviantart. There might be one there that does what you want or is capable of being modded to what you want. You might also look into this Columns UI thread.

Reply #2
It's almost possible with EsPlaylist, if you define your grouping with the intention to end up with no groups larger than 1, e.g. "%title% %tracknumber% %artist% %album%" (probably isn't shared among any 2 tracks)

Unfortunately you'll end up with tons of vertical white space which can't be removed, so this isn't really a practical solution.

Reply #3
it can be done with NG playlist. first of all:

file>preferences>display>columns ui>playlist view>grouping. edit the script something like...

Code: [Select]
$rgb(0,0,0)%title%$tab()

the first function changed the text colour to black. it then displays the title and uses that to group by but you won't see it. lastly the $tab function removes the line.

now goto

columns ui>colours and fonts>fonts tab. select NG playlist: group titles from the drop down list. now select custom from the 2nd drop down. click change and set the font size to 1. this makes the gaps between groups as small as possible and you're done.

Reply #4
Thanks a lot for the replies guys, Marc, thanks for that script!

It's too bad those gaps cannot be removed. Maybe somebody will release a plug-in some time that will do this?

Thanks again!

Reply #5
ELplaylist is a highly configurable playlist for columns UI but has a much steeper learning curve. you can configure row height, remove groups headers, change text colour/fonts but there are no columns as such. instead, you have a blank canvas and you have to code where covers/text go by calculating their widths/positions using pixels etc.

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#elp

Reply #6
ELplaylist is a highly configurable playlist for columns UI but has a much steeper learning curve. you can configure row height, remove groups headers, change text colour/fonts but there are no columns as such. instead, you have a blank canvas and you have to code where covers/text go by calculating their widths/positions using pixels etc.

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#elp

Thanks Marc! I'll check it out.

Re: Album art column, is it possible?

Reply #7
Hello,
the initial post it from 2012 and I think it is still not possible to display albumart thumb ungrouped as an coulumn.

For me it would be sufficient to get the information "artwork count" like media monkey, Mediatogger, MP3Tag or Jaikoz does it.
It looks like Foobar has NO possibility to add columns with artwork info like width, height, artwork type, number of artwork, size of artwork, linked artwork etc.
The absolute minimum would be to get the information "artwork count embedded"

Best,
Fred