Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Output to speakers and stream wirelessly at the same time? (Read 3151 times) previous topic - next topic

Output to speakers and stream wirelessly at the same time?

My Samsung E8000 TV is now my audio hub, pulling music from my local network storage, smartphone, Pandora, Spotify and the DVD player. I use a small Fiio D3 DAC to connect the TV's digital output to my analog Audioengine A5+ speakers. What I'd like to do is simultaneously output to the Audioengine speakers and stream to Bluetooth speakers in the next room. Any suggestions on how to make this happen?

Reply #1
Can't you split the analog output from your Fiio and use something like this to broadcast Bluetooth?  Don't know if latency will screw up sync if you care about that.

Reply #2
Can't you split the analog output from your Fiio and use something like this to broadcast Bluetooth?  Don't know if latency will screw up sync if you care about that.

Hmmm, should I split the optical output from the TV first or split it after it's passed through the DAC? Will doing so impact the sound quality that reaches the speakers?

Alternately, is there a good DAC with optical in and 2 analog outputs?

Reply #3
Connecting one analog output to two analog inputs is generally not a problem. Just use a 'Y' cable.

Edit: Does the TV have both digital and analog outputs? If so then connect Bluetooth to the analog outs.

Reply #4

Hmmm, should I split the optical output from the TV first

Why buy two DACs when one will do the same job?

or split it after it's passed through the DAC? Will doing so impact the sound quality that reaches the speakers?

No problems with analog Y cables in an application like this.

Alternately, is there a good DAC with optical in and 2 analog outputs?

No problems with analog Y cables in an application like this.

Reply #5
I don't think Bluetooth is really your best choice for this application.  Look at issues people are reporting about the product I linked above and other similar items: they can't be used while charging, limited range, finicky/unreliable pairing, etc.

Good old RF would likely work better: http://www.aperionaudio.com/aperion-zona-h...dio-link-system.  Look around and you'll probably find a cheaper alternative.