Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature-request: multi-value genre and style tags (Read 638 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature-request: multi-value genre and style tags

These days, most up-to-date tag sources and taggers treat GENRE and STYLE as multi-value fields.
I wish mobile foobar2k allowed me to treat these tags akin to %<genre>% instead of %genre% in the desktop app: one branch per value, instead of concatenating them into a single, useless franken-genre string.

The franken-genre behavior breaks most expected use cases of the genre tag: Browsing all releases/tracks that share a genre; putting the genre on shuffle; and so on.

As is, Amon Tobin's inFAMOUS soundtrack, as tagged by discogs, creates an entry in the genre list like this:
X
for reference: https://www.discogs.com/release/2055268-Various-inFAMOUS-Official-Soundtrack

Re: Feature-request: multi-value genre and style tags

Reply #1
I apologize, please delete this topic. This behavior was caused by old files in my collection that I tagged before setting STYLE as a multi-value field in foobar2k.