Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: True digital sound from Audigy2 ZS to AV receiver? (Read 2461 times) previous topic - next topic

True digital sound from Audigy2 ZS to AV receiver?

I've currently got an Audigy2 ZS card (yea, laugh it up) which has a Creative Megaworks 6.1 speaker system hooked up to it.  I'm tired of the damn speakers hissing with nothing connected (had them since Dec '04 and the problem just started recently).  Anyways, so I've decided it's time to finally upgrade to a A/V receiver.

Any receiver I'm going to buy will have both coaxial and optical digital inputs.  I would really like use optical output from my sound card, if possible.  I also really do not want to buy the ~$80 I/O drive just so I can get optical output.  On Creative's site, they have the Digital I/O Module, but it doesn't list it working with the AudigyZS.  Has anyone used this before?

If I'm stuck with coaxial digital output, what type of converter cable do I need from the digital out on the Audigy2 to the standard RCA?  Reading around, it seems I just need a mono 3.5din to RCA for coaxial digital output, right?

Will coaxial output be able to properly do DTS 5.1, Dolby surround sound, etc from my PC to the receiver all the time?