Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Win 10 1809: Rating stars (Read 12006 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Win 10 1809: Rating stars

Reply #1
Yep, same issue here (also with Windows 10 Version 1809)
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #2
Unfortunately it appears 1809 broke system-wide font substitution. Programs that do substitution in code, like browsers and Office, can display the unicode characters that aren't present in the active font. But majority of programs rely on the OS doing this automatically. For example Explorer can no longer show the characters.

Reply #3
What if use $char(9733) instead of ★ and $char(9734) instead of ☆ in tittle formatting and set Segoe UI for playlist (or where stars should be displayed) in File->Preferences>Default user interface->Colors and fonts->Fonts?
I don't have windows 10 so i can't test this myself.

Reply #4
$char(9733) doesn't work. The correct characters from font Segoe UI Symbol are:  (full star) and  (empty star). Please copy and paste these characters in your foobar2000.
The complete syntax is:
Code: [Select]
$repeat(,%rating%)$repeat(,$sub(5,%rating%))
(Maybe the browser can't display the characters correctly, but Win 10 can do)

Reply #6
Using the unicode character directly or with $char() method makes no difference to the problem. I have stars visible in playlist just by switching from Segoe UI to Segoe UI Symbol without altering the characters. The characters grimes linked are larger stars than the regular ones.

Reply #8
Another lovely thing contributing to why 1809 was pulled.

Reply #9
The workaround has some issues:

• The stars are different sizes
  • The title bar is still broken
  • The status bar is still broken

Reply #10
I found other stars, that don't have that glitch:
Code: [Select]
$pad($repeat(,%rating%), 5,)

You have to add the code also to Preferences | Display | Default User Interface
  • Window title
  • Status bar

Reply #11
Yep, you're right, thanks! 👍

GTG 😊

Reply #12
And how to be with NG Playlist

Reply #15
Same problem

Reply #16

Reply #17
Another easy work around is to change your playlist font to Segoe UI Symbol. I use CUI, but I'm pretty sure it can be done in DUI as well. And it likely wont work if you have rating stars in the titlebar either.

Reply #18
sadly changing to Segoe UI symbol did not resolve it for me

Reply #20
Damn it, Microsoft are taking their sweet time to fix something which seems so simple.... :S

Reply #21
Probably, they are just not willing to fix it =)

Reply #22
Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't seem to do behavior changing fixes until a version changes. I fear the font issue won't be solved until version 1903. Can someone running Insider builds of the future release verify if the issue even is fixed there?

Reply #23
It seems to now be working correctly on my laptop with the 17763.288 preview update. Perhaps someone else on the release preview ring could check if they're seeing the same.

[Edit] The latest preview cumulative update is in fact 17763.292.