Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Reporting vandalism/Rant in the wiki (Read 6448 times) previous topic - next topic

Reporting vandalism/Rant in the wiki

Foobar2000 Wiki

it's in the FAQ close to the bottom of the page

Code: [Select]
Q: How will PREGAP entries in Cue Sheets be taken into account, i. e. how will they be played as appropriately lengthed silence?

A: I don't know, but I'm banned from Hydrogenaudio forums, because they don't like my email providers. I don't want to pay for a cute email adress just to ask this one question, so sorry for misusing this wiki. Please replace this lamentation by a real answer. Or please could on of the adepts please forward this question to the foobar2000 forum. I am wondering, but I'm allowed to search this forum, so this Faq could be deleted, in particular because I think this isn't really a Faq. Alternatively hints are welcome, which free email-providers are accepted by hydrogenaudio forums. I think this is a Faq.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #1
I thought it was pretty funny someone actually bothered to correct the spelling of his rant in the wiki 

Reply #2
Thanks for the report, it's been taken care of. I don't know which email address he tried to use. Maybe he should ask the thousands of users that managed to register on HA how they did it.

Reply #3
I thought it was a noob, but now the wiki search is giving me:
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']
Code: [Select]
Database error
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
For query "pregap"
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

SELECT cur_id, cur_namespace, cur_title, cur_text FROM `cur`,`searchindex` WHERE cur_id=si_page AND ( (MATCH (si_title) AGAINST ('pregap')) ) AND cur_namespace IN (0) LIMIT 0,20

from within function "". MySQL returned error "1016: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYI' (errno: 145) (localhost)".
[/span]

hope thats routine 
no conscience > no custom

Reply #4
Yes. the wiki is malfunctioning at the moment.
I will try to fix it when I get back home sunday/monday.

The search is broken and you get an error when updating a page eventhough it seems to work.

Reply #5
Yes. the wiki is malfunctioning at the moment.
I will try to fix it when I get back home sunday/monday.

The search is broken and you get an error when updating a page eventhough it seems to work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285127"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i just got that update error
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #6
The errors should be fixed now (Garf fixed it).

Reply #7
WooHoo!  Many Odes to Garf 
no conscience > no custom

Reply #8
Thanks for the report, it's been taken care of. I don't know which email address he tried to use. Maybe he should ask the thousands of users that managed to register on HA how they did it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285028"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Most ISPs do grant their users free email address's as a part of the package, some require that you pay extra to get email functionality. Instead of paying extra I would guess most people would sign up to use one of those free email providers that HA have banned.

It's possible (albeit unlikely, admittedly) that they're not lying.
daefeatures.co.uk