Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multichannel SACD foobar can play back but conversion fails to any format (Read 3005 times) previous topic - next topic

Multichannel SACD foobar can play back but conversion fails to any format

Hi, I'm having strange issue, open a multichannel SACD that is played from foobar, but when I try to convert the tracks to any installed format, errors. The error output for one track conversion is here:

Code: [Select]
Source: "C:\Users\Anakunda\AppData\Local\Temp\AFTER FOREVER [2005] [SACD] Remagine [DSD-FLAC]\DSD\After Forever - Remagine (multi-channel).cue" / index: 1
  An error occurred while writing to file (Unsupported format or corrupted file) : "C:\Users\Anakunda\AppData\Local\Temp\After Forever - Remagine\After Forever - Remagine (multi-channel) [1].flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 88200Hz / 6ch / 1bps
  Command line: "D:\media\lossless\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -8 - -o "After Forever - Remagine (multi-channel) [1].flac"
  Working folder: C:\Users\Anakunda\AppData\Local\Temp\After Forever - Remagine\

The format info reported by foobar is

Sample rate : 2822400 Hz
Channels : 6
Bits per sample : 1
Bitrate : 16934 kbps
Codec : DST64
Encoding : lossless

Re: Multichannel SACD foobar can play back but conversion fails to any format

Reply #1
1bps? Really? What plugin do you use to decode SACD?

Reply #2
Really, I'm using foo_input_sacd

Reply #3
With the vast majority of output encoders you'll want to convert DSD to PCM with the foo_input_sacd.  Most don't support DSD.
If you want DoP output there was an old clone of foo_input_sacd that allowed it but not much else.

Reply #4
I'm using foo_input_sacd
It seems you have very old version.

Reply #5
No I have the most recent.
And I moved on with the conversion. By just opening the .dff file in foobar it is considered as single track because the indexing is missing, but then I'm able to perform the conversion to virtually any format. Problem is when the track indexing and file name generation. I can't overlook that the output names are generated in strange scheme even despite output pattern uses %tracknumber% - %title% as output filename, the output names are used %cuename% %subsongindex% instead. On other formats titles in cuesheet are obeyed. Please investigate.