Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 288562 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

Reply #200
REACT is a plugin tool for EAC, and is perfect for copying of CDs as images and multiple additional compressed formats. ...

Tycho: Just wanted to thank you for your great work on REACT. After some days wasted with wack / flacattack    I am really glad to find that REACT just works how it should. Also configuring it to make .ape & .mp3 (lame & id3v2 tags with id3.exe) files didn't take too long.

Thx again, can't tell often enough       

Reply #201
Tycho, thank you very much for creating this fantastic tool, it is trully appreciated 

After having been a firm believer in ripping to separate tracks only, i have finally thrown the towel in the ring, and gone over to the other side  After i had upgraded to EAC v0.95b4 i installed REACT v0.996 and let it setup EAC for use with it. Then i edited the config file to reflect my wishes(WavPack image with embedded cue+log and without RG tags, as i use fb2k for adding RG tags to the embedded cuesheet of the images afterwards). Then i tried to rip 5 different CDs, and everytime, then REACT made an image but it followed the WAVPACK-tracks portion of the config file for the folder creation and naming etc. I had setup REACT to rip to D:\Temp, and then afterwards just delete the source image file+cue+log. This would mean that after the rip and encoding, then there should be an image with embedded cue+log in D:\Temp, with the naming scheme : Artist - (Year) Album, but instead i got a WV folder in D:\Temp, and inside that there where a folder for the artist and again a subfolder for the album, and finally there where an image named after the second track of the album ie. 02 - Tracktitle.wv. I then tried to revert back to EAC v0.95b3, and then everything was fine. BTW, when i had problems with REACT and EAC v0.95b4, then i tried multiple times to reinstall both EAC and REACT but it didn't fix the issue. I would like to ask if any of you other REACT users have tried using REACT in image mode, together with EAC v0.95b4, and if it worked ? Finally, there is a very small thing which isn't impotant, but i just thought that i would report it nonetheless. When inserting a CD and pressing F10, then sometimes the dialogs naming field is filled out with the correct naming scheme that's selected in REACT's config file, but othertimes the standard EAC naming scheme is shown instead(Artist - Album, instead of Artist - (Year) Album). Everytime this happens, i just select cancel and then i hit F10 again, and then it works correctly again. Has anyone else also had this happen regularely ?

Also according to the APEv2 spec, then the defined tagging fields are all named with only the first character in capital, like "Artist" and "Album" and it also encourages spaces in the names, so i was wondering if any of you guys that's using WavPack have changed the tagging names, or if you are just using the default ones ? I was thinking if i maybe should change to "Cuesheet" and "Logfile" instead, but i am having a hard time deciding. I know it's just nitpicking, but nonetheless i'm really thinking about this alot, and i'm having problem's deciding, so therefore i would really appreciate if you guys would tell me what you are using as tagging name for the EAC log and cuesheet in your WavPack images.

Again,  many thanks to Tycho for making this great app, as it really makes it easier for me to rerip my CD collection once again to images(I have just ordered a Plextor PX-755A for getting the job done good, as my old drive wasen't the best for DAE, and hence i needed to re-rip many times for correcting errors).

Thank's in advance.

Reply #202
Tycho, thank you very much for creating this fantastic tool, it is trully appreciated

agreed

I would like to ask if any of you other REACT users have tried using REACT in image mode, together with EAC v0.95b4, and if it worked ?

No, after upgrading image mode fails on me too.
I use flac.

It looks like react tries to do track mode instead of image mode.
Anyway that fails too.
I'll revert to an older version of eac.

Reply #203
Hi grombulk, and thank's for the confirmation

Well, i guess there isn't many REACT image users out there that have upgraded to the newest EAC version yet, since we are the only ones noticing this problem. I will just stick to using EAC v0.95b3 + REACT for the time being, but since there are some bugfixes in the new EAC version, besides the removal of the "Retrieve native TOC" option, then it would be great if Tycho could be so kind as to update REACT so that it would resolve this problem(hint, hint ).

CU, Martin.

Reply #204
I've just tested, and can confirm that it appears to be running the track section.

Looking at the source, this must be something to do with the cuesheet.  REACT decides whether it should be running in track or image mode by checking whether the cuesheet exists.  This check is obviously failing.

If I get time this lunchtime I'm going to see if I can find the exact reason.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #205
I've just tested, and can confirm that it appears to be running the track section.

Looking at the source, this must be something to do with the cuesheet.  REACT decides whether it should be running in track or image mode by checking whether the cuesheet exists.  This check is obviously failing.

Did you get the sourcecode from Tycho, or do you have the password to decompile the script?

Reply #206
The source is included with the EXE.  If you look in your REACT folder you will see "REACT_src.zip".  Inside is "REACT.au3", which can be viewed in Notepad, and compiled using AutoIt.

I've had a real busy day, and no chance to examine the situation further BTW.

Edit: Actually, I just checked.  REACT is expecting "<name>.eac.cue" while the cuesheet is actually called "<name>.cue".

My brain is fried.  I can't remember what the normal process is with pre-beta 4 versions.  Would EAC have created "<name>.eac.cue" to start with, or would it create "<name>.cue" and then rename it to "<name>.eac.cue"?

If I can find time, I'll test with my beta 3 at home tonight and see.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #207
The source is included with the EXE.  If you look in your REACT folder you will see "REACT_src.zip".  Inside is "REACT.au3", which can be viewed in Notepad, and compiled using AutoIt.

Found the source! Forgot to look in the exe in the zip. sorry
and I prefer SciTE4AutoIt3 

Edit: Actually, I just checked.  REACT is expecting "<name>.eac.cue" while the cuesheet is actually called "<name>.cue".

correct!

eac-0.95b4
these files are created:
atmp1!542-react.bat
artist - title.wav
title.log
artist - title.cue

eac095b1
these files are created:
atmp1!542.wav
title.log
artist - title.eac.cue

my guess is that this line is the culprit
$cuesheet_org = $g_destbase & "." & $destext & ".cue"

the error seems to be caused by:
; Determine dest extension - normally .eac
$a = StringSplit($CmdLine[4], ".") ;strips the line 'til the first dot to an array
$destext = $a[$a[0]] ;takes the string before the dot

this line is my solutiom for b4
$cuesheet_org = $g_destbase & ".cue"
;~    $cuesheet_org = $g_destbase & "." & $destext & ".cue"

Reply #208
Your findings all look right to me.

I wonder why EAC is no longer using the extension as part of the cuesheet filename.  I also wonder whether this change could be related to the ".flac.flac" and ".wv.wv" issue; I wonder whether this has finally been fixed.  I don't have EAC here to test.

This change is going to cause confusion elsewhere I think.  My old batch files, for example, would fall foul of this change...

I guess I'll adapt the line as per your suggestion and recompile, until tycho releases a new version.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #209
Thank you very much Synthetic Soul and grombulk for investigating the problem

Reply #210
Your findings all look right to me.

I wonder why EAC is no longer using the extension as part of the cuesheet filename.  I also wonder whether this change could be related to the ".flac.flac" and ".wv.wv" issue; I wonder whether this has finally been fixed.  I don't have EAC here to test.

This change is going to cause confusion elsewhere I think.  My old batch files, for example, would fall foul of this change...

I guess I'll adapt the line as per your suggestion and recompile, until tycho releases a new version.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368644"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My suggested fix works for me, I guess I could upload it to the upload thread.

There is another change in eac-b4, the tracknumbers are now padded.
In the commandline:
b1 was
"artist" "title" "Track02" "2" "4"

b4 is
"artist" "title" "Track02" "02" "4"

doesn't bother react.
other then that, I didn't find any differences.
haven't looked either
I just want to rip my flac and be done with it :-)

Reply #211
I think André has messed up the filenaming.

I am testing just ripping to compressed image using WAVPACK.  I wanted to see whether it still produces ".wv.wv" files.

The file dialogue has the default "Artist - Album.wav".  When this runs you get ""Artist - Album.wav.wav.wav" and "Artist - Album.wav.cue".  This then ends up as "Test Artist - Test CD.wav.wav.wv" and "Test Artist - Test CD.wav.cue".

If I do the sensible thing, and amend the dialogue default (something that you shouldn't really have to do) to "Test Artist - Test CD", I still get "Test Artist - Test CD.wav.wav" with a more sensible "Test Artist - Test CD.cue".  This results in "Test Artist - Test CD.wav.wv".

I performed a similar test with FLAC and got similar results.

So, now we don't have ".wv.wv" and ".flac.flac" but ".wav.wav.wv" and ".wav.wav.flac"!

I will report this on the EAC forums, if it hasn't already been. Can anyone else confirm?  I can't see how I could be messing up my test, but it's always possible with me.

Edit: My EAC Thread here.  I couldn't see a similar report.

Edit 2: I know this doesn't directly affect REACT; however if the filenaming is borked then beta 5 may change it back to "<name>.<ext>.cue"... maybe not - it depends whether dropping the extension from the cuesheet is intended behaviour.  If my findings are correct (I just find it weird that no-one else has reported) then I think André is certainly going to have to make some changes again.

Edit 3: I have just tested my REACT change and it worked.  I thought "hang on, why does REACT get 'Artist - Album.wav'?".  So I tested just using LAME as the compressor and that gets "Artist - Album.wav".  Therefore I conclude that this is related to André trying to fix the ".wv.wv" issue, as it only appears to be with extensions other than three characters.  Possibly a really bad assumption, but I'm sticking with it.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #212
I think André has messed up the filenaming.
I will report this on the EAC forums, if it hasn't already been. Can anyone else confirm?  I can't see how I could be messing up my test, but it's always possible with me.

confirmed

Faith No More - I'm Easy  Be Aggressive.wav.wav.wav
Faith No More - I'm Easy  Be Aggressive.wav.wav.wv

sounds like a dog

it only appears to be with extensions other than three characters. Possibly a really bad assumption, but I'm sticking with it.

I agree
let's stick together

Reply #213
Thanks for help and appreciations. Unfortunately I am extremely busy for the moment, but I will try to look into some of these issues during the weekend if I get the time.

Cheers

Reply #214
Something seems to be broken in the latest download. I just built a new box and installed EAC, REACT and copied the ini from my working machine. On the new machine I'm having a few problems.

1st F10 doesn't use the image config but tracks. I verified this in the log file. At first I thought it was a problem with my new keyboard but I swapped it out and it still failed so I chaged [WOLF-image] to [WOLF-tracks] and it now runs.

2nd even though it runs the config I'm not getting the files I should. After running the following config I get a log file and cue file; no wav or mp3.

Code: [Select]
[Settings]
Config=WOLF
EAC=D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=E:
encdir=D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders
LogFile=REACT_log.txt
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=0
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Version=0.996
Debug=0

; -- FLAC image and MP3 tracks --
[WOLF-tracks]
Description=FLAC image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V4 (portable) mp3 track files, RG album gain
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=@musicdir@\TAGZ\-MB\$cdartist$\$album$
destdir2=@musicdir@\TAGZ\-MB\$cdartist$\$album$
1=>@encdir@\flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@"
2=>@encdir@\Tag.exe -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "COMMENT=@comment@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
3=>move "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
4=>set out2=[$n] $~t
5=>if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=[$n] $~t ($~a)
6=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir1@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V4 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
7=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@"

Any ideas?

Reply #215
See post 202 onward.

EAC seems to have changed its naming scheme, and this has confused REACT.

grombulk and I have created a new version of REACT to cope with this.  Mine can be found here.

However, if you read my post 212, you will see that there is good grounds to believe that the current situation is a bug, and may change soon, possibly back to the b3 format.

You will also see above that tycho may be working on REACT again this weekend, so he may release his own official fix with other changes.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #216
EAC seems to have changed its naming scheme, and this has confused REACT.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369244"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ahhh... I did install the most recent version of EAC. NP then. I'll just copy the version from my old PC. Thanks.

Reply #217
Hi All,
I'm new here, and new to cd-ripping in general, but in order to save some space in my house, I decided to put all my CDs on a pc as flac images+cue files. At the same time I want to translate them to well compressed mp3 tracks for my ipod.

Ok, I downloaded eac and react, but it's a few days that I'm getting crazy with the setup! (must say that me and programming come from different worlds).
Moreover, I'm discovering a new universe of tags, replaygain, etc...
I tried with the original ini but it's too diferent from what I wish.
Then as it seems that Wolf's .ini file should do just what I want, and looks like rather complete regarding the optionals (e.g. replaygain), I tried with it (thank you, Wolf!!), modded to reflect my directory structure and codepage. Problem is I get only two files: mycdtitle.flac.cue (long abt 1,5K) and the eac log.

I tried with the 996.1 react, but the problem still remains.

Where could I find a working configuration to get my target???

(pls. excuse my poor english, hope you can understand what I write!)

Ciao
Paperix

Reply #218
Then as it seems that Wolf's .ini file should do just what I want, and looks like rather complete regarding the optionals (e.g. replaygain), I tried with it (thank you, Wolf!!), modded to reflect my directory structure and codepage. Problem is I get only two files: mycdtitle.flac.cue (long abt 1,5K) and the eac log.

I tried with the 996.1 react, but the problem still remains.

Where could I find a working configuration to get my target???[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371557"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes my congif file would give you what you want but I'm using 0.95. The most recent version gave me the same results.

Reply #219
Yes my congif file would give you what you want but I'm using 0.95. The most recent version gave me the same results.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371630"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using eac 0.95beta4 + react 996.1 ... which release of both should I use, and where could I find them?

Reply #220
Looking at the section config, it is called "[WOLF-tracks]", yet it appears to be dealing with an image.

I tested as a track config, and the errors are because @image@ and @cuesheet@ are blank.  Unsurprising, considering there is no image or cuesheet in track mode.

I am currently testing using the section title "[WOLF-image]" instead...

Am I missing something though?  How could this work previously?  Maybe earlier vesions of REACT defaulted to track mode if no image mode was found?

Edit: Using "[WOLF-image]" appears to work.  I am using 0.95b4 and (my) REACT 0.996.1.  Here's the final file list:

C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\Test Artist - Test CD.flac
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\Test Artist - Test CD.flac.cue
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\[01] Banquet.mp3
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\[02] Blue Light.mp3
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\[03] She's Hearing Voices.mp3
I'm on a horse.

Reply #221
Looking at the section config, it is called "[WOLF-tracks]", yet it appears to be dealing with an image.

I tested as a track config, and the errors are because @image@ and @cuesheet@ are blank.  Unsurprising, considering there is no image or cuesheet in track mode.

I am currently testing using the section title "[WOLF-image]" instead...

Am I missing something though?  How could this work previously?  Maybe earlier vesions of REACT defaulted to track mode if no image mode was found?

Edit: Using "[WOLF-image]" appears to work.  I am using 0.95b4 and (my) REACT 0.996.1.  Here's the final file list:

C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\Test Artist - Test CD.flac
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\Test Artist - Test CD.flac.cue
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\[01] Banquet.mp3
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\[02] Blue Light.mp3
C:\DOS\CDBackup\TAGZ\-MB\Test Artist\Test CD\[03] She's Hearing Voices.mp3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371697"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a setup like yours, modified Wolf's ini according to your suggestion, but unfortunately I'm still getting only the .cue file. 
In order to start the process I press F10, is it correct??

Edit:
GREAT!!! it runs now... I put a small typo in the name of the encoder directory (feel rather stupid now, but at least it works!)

Thanks a lot everybody!!!

Reply #222
Anyone else having problems with the Totaltracks and CRC tagfield? I am creating individual FLAC files and have noticed that when I check the metadata:
TOTALTRACKS = 0
CRC = "
This happens whether I select all tracks or a single track with several albums and press F4. I have tried to debug what is being passed from EAC and it appears totaltracks is always being sent as zero. The checksum shows up in EAC window but is being sent as ". This is with react .996 and EAC .95prebeta5.

External compression command line options:
REACT %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" "%x" "%y" "%m" "%e" "%f" "%b" %r
which react changed EAC to upon startup.

Reply #223
There is no 0.95b5.

What is your command line in EAC?

Mine is:

REACT %o %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" "%x" "%y" "%m" "%e" "%f" "%b" %r
I'm on a horse.

Reply #224
Problem went away when I went to EAC v.95beta4.

I thought I would share what I am using to rip FLAC tracks and aac tracks for itunes.  Hope this is helpful to someone or gets critiques. Only problem I am still having is setting compilation tag. Since various artists cds can be set to different naming scheme there has to be flag that can be used to set different tagging scheme.
-x <compliation> is boolean can be set to 1, true, yes, enable, Y, on...
React is a great tool; thanks! My ripping routine is now:
1. load cd, hit f4, save
2. download cover art from walmart.com or amazon to folder (there is foobar script that automates this)
3. check if last track is longer than typical, maybe listen
3a. if hidden track remove silence, reencode, retag
4. set disc tags for multidisk albums in foobar and itunes
5. add artwork to itunes tracks

Code: [Select]
Description=FLAC files with replaygain vorbis tags and itunes-encoded aac(m4a) files
destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$cdartist$ - $album$
dest1=@destdir1@\$artist$ - $album$ - $track$ - $title$
Various-dest1=@destdir1@\$track$ - $artist$ - $title$
destdir2=@musicdir@\AAC
dest2=@destdir2@\$cdartist$\$album$\$track$ $title$
Various-dest2=@destdir2@\Compilations\$album$\$track$ $title$
1=> echo.> "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
2=> @encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -t "COMMENT=ripped with EAC v.95b4 using REACT v.996 + flac v1.1.2" "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
3=> echo @encdir@\itunesencode.exe -e "AAC Encoder" -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -t "@title@" -g "@genre@" -y "@year@" -n "@track@" -m "@numtracks@" -c "ripped with EAC v.95b4 using REACT v.996 + itunesencode v46" -d -i "@dest1@.wav" -o "@dest2@.m4a" >>iTunes.bat
4=> echo if errorlevel 1 pause >>iTunes.bat
5=> move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"
6=> if @islast@==0 goto end
7=> echo del "@destdir1@\*.wav" "@destdir1@\*.tmp" >>iTunes.bat
8=> cd /d "@destdir1@"
9=> move "@eaclog@" "EAC_log $album$.txt"
10=>@encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -6 -V --replay-gain *.wav
11=>if errorlevel 1 pause
12=>for %%i in (*.flac) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
13=>cd /d "C:\Program Files\REACT"
14=>call iTunes.bat
15=>del iTunes.bat