Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to include hidden folders in Album List? (Read 1627 times) previous topic - next topic

How to include hidden folders in Album List?

Hello,
I've been using Foobar for many years, mainly because it's one of the few media players that allows me to show my music collection in  "Folder view" instead of relying on ID3 tags. However, some years ago Foobar stopped including hidden folders (folders with hidden attribute in Windows). I have folders that are hidden, that I for specific reasons can't unhide, but I still want them to show up in Foobar.

In Preferences > Advanced > Tools I have the setting checked to include hidden folders but this doesn't seem to work.

Are there any workarounds or plugins that could bring back the functionality of including hidden folders again?

Re: How to include hidden folders in Album List?

Reply #1
I just added mine as separate watch entries and then it works - they are searchable, can be added to autoplaylists, etc. You can do the same depending on granularity of your hiding behavior. I just have 3-5 big subfolders in some parts of my main music folder, so adding 5 entries wasn't a big  problem. If you hand pick certain releases to be hidden then it is going to be a pain...

Reply #2
I just added mine as separate watch entries and then it works - they are searchable, can be added to autoplaylists, etc. You can do the same depending on granularity of your hiding behavior. I just have 3-5 big subfolders in some parts of my main music folder, so adding 5 entries wasn't a big  problem. If you hand pick certain releases to be hidden then it is going to be a pain...
I'm afraid that's exactly my problem. I have one big folder with subfolders (music genres), all in all about 300GB of music. In each subfolder there's a separate folder for each album, and some of them might be hidden.

Example:

Music folder
 -- Rock
   -- Album1
   -- Album 2 (hidden)
   -- Album 3

and so on.

Reply #3
I have folders that are hidden, that I for specific reasons can't unhide, but I still want them to show up in Foobar.
Sorry, but to me this sounds a bit like "I nailed my foot on the ground, and now I'm having problems walking". Why would you set those to hidden?

Reply #4
@Pundan FYI, foobar 1.4.1 change log includes "Made Media Library respect 'include hidden files & folders' setting in Advanced Preferences."