Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 437737 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #50
I can't seem to get a timer that I make to work. I make a new timer, I set a delay for say 5 min, then after that I have it shutdown foobar. I click the menu to run scheduler event click the timer, 5 min passes and nothing happens. Can someone post what they are using for their timer settings so I know if I am doing this right.

Possibly you pressed one of these buttons stop, pause, play, next/prev track or used the seekbar AFTER you'd started scheduler event. If the scheduler detects user activity (stop, pause, play, next/prev track, using the seekbar) then it stops action list execution.

how are people saying shut down the computer in x mins. i can only seem to have it on playback end. i want it to shut down on a timer dont care if it is playing. your talking about the timer but i cant find it
I would like to request a fade in & fade out volume.

Create menu item event with actions:
* x minutes delay
* Shutdown
Then you'll be able to use main menu item File/Run scheduler action list/<your menu item id>. But remember about the notice I've written in bold above.

Fade in and fade out already implemented, see "Set volume" action.

foo_scheduler

Reply #51
Possibly you pressed one of these buttons stop, pause, play, next/prev track or used the seekbar AFTER you'd started scheduler event. If the scheduler detects user activity (stop, pause, play, next/prev track, using the seekbar) then it stops action list execution.

Hmm, maybe when adding an event you could make a checkbox called "forced" which won't stop it when any of those buttons are pressed.  I know that there are times when I want to awaken in two hours so I set it and then change tracks or something else. ?

foo_scheduler

Reply #52

Hmm, maybe when adding an event you could make a checkbox called "forced" which won't stop it when any of those buttons are pressed.  I know that there are times when I want to awaken in two hours so I set it and then change tracks or something else. ?

Second that!

The new menu item events are very confusing: In the preferences the checkbox now has two meanings - concerning date/time event or player event checking them enables the action but concerning the menu item events they just cause displaying in main menu.
Also they are not named by what they do (from now do .... !) but by the place you can enable them. That is irritating. And not really necessary: Why should i always go to the preferences to set if they are displayed in main menu or not?

Let me make an suggestion how all that could be organized in a more userfriendly way:

a) stop/play/pause...  doesn't stop the execution
b) checking the box in preferences starts the execution of all events
c) in main menu a check sign shows if the action is beeing executed (there is now no way to see what menu item is executed - not in preferences because of what i said above and also not in main menu)

And at last:

If b) and c) are realized the date/time and player events could also be displayed in the main menu with a pretty name  and  with quick access.

What do you think, Andrew_Smolko?

Thanks for this plugin!

foo_scheduler

Reply #53
ignore my previous post, i found it all when i got home.

would still like to be able to choose playback order.

also how is every1 avoiding the login screen on XP? it starts playing music and then instantly stops as i need to log in!

foo_scheduler

Reply #54
The new menu item events are very confusing: In the preferences the checkbox now has two meanings - concerning date/time event or player event checking them enables the action but concerning the menu item events they just cause displaying in main menu.

Why 2 meanings? One meaning: EVENT will be handled by scheduler (checked state) or not (unchecked state)! Using a menu item is an EVENT. If you don't want scheduler to handle menu item event, why this menu item must be displayed in submenu?

Let me make an suggestion how all that could be organized in a more userfriendly way:
a) stop/play/pause...  doesn't stop the execution

Not a good idea, I prefer to stop fade in using some of this buttons. Better solution is proposed by gren

b) checking the box in preferences starts the execution of all events
c) in main menu a check sign shows if the action is beeing executed (there is now no way to see what menu item is executed - not in preferences because of what i said above and also not in main menu)

Impossible. Due to internal architecture of the plugin.

foo_scheduler

Reply #55
ty for the plugin andrew... really helped me out

foo_scheduler

Reply #56
Not a good idea, I prefer to stop fade in using some of this buttons. Better solution is proposed by gren

Now i think so too.

Why 2 meanings? One meaning: EVENT will be handled by scheduler (checked state) or not (unchecked state)! Using a menu item is an EVENT. If you don't want scheduler to handle menu item event, why this menu item must be displayed in submenu?

It is hard for me to explain it in english, so let me try again by giving an example. Let's say it is 00:00 and you want to start playback at 01:00 - you can create a date/timer event which starts playback at 01:00 or a menu item event which starts playback in 60 minutes. I expected that checking the box would lead to the same result: Playback starts in one hour. But in case of a menu item event you have additionally to go to main menu. I hope you can understand now what the reason of my confusion was. (The screenshot from gren in post18 on page1 shows what i had expected - he called that "timer event". )

Impossible. Due to internal architecture of the plugin.

I think you misunderstood my point b) because of my simple english. I just repeated what i described above. I didn't mean that checking one box should start all events (did you understand that?)

I hope i expressed mysel a little bit clearer

Edit: i read your answer to grens suggestion and now i understand. Just a stupid idea: Why not make a checkbox for menu items in a different style? 

foo_scheduler

Reply #57
3.06 with new "Set mixer volume" action!

foo_scheduler

Reply #58
3.06 with new "Set mixer volume" action!

Excellent... although... I have a question.  This is not something I'm advocating but I want to know if anyone else has this problem.  I was excited because programs tend to change my volume control (winamp, MPC, etc.) but, not my "Play Control" or mixer, as you call it... but my "Wave" volume....  I could advocate you adding another volume control type... but, I don't want to get carried away until the foo_scheduler list is dominated by 20 types of volume controls from Microphone to MIDI-synth.  So:

1) Does anyone else's problem center around the "Wave" volume being changed by other programs without them noticing it instead of the master volume?
2) If so and it's deemed useful to add the feature how should it be added so that it doesn't clutter the interface.

Since this is my problem I will attempt an answer for the second.  There will be one "Set volume" on the menu but then a drop down menu of a few other common types of volume.  Foobar volume will be listed first Followed by master/mixer volume followed by wave volume, etc.  You choose the type you want from the drop down so all volumes come from one interface.

Comments? Anyone else have this?

foo_scheduler

Reply #60
I have 2 small requests:

1. Couldn't you add another way to set the volume for foobar? Having a slider or being able to type in the amount of db would be easier, i guess.

2. I would like to have a mute function. Yeah, i could just set the Volum to -100 db.
But: I use foobar as my alarm clock, after it played some time, it fades back to -100db. So far so good. Ok, after school, i keep pushing my mute hotkey, nothing happens. In fact it istn realy a big deal to keep the Volume Up hotkey pushed, but wouldn't it be cool to just press the mute button again?
Just a thought ^^

Anyways, this plugin is awsome!

foo_scheduler

Reply #61
2. I would like to have a mute function. Yeah, i could just set the Volum to -100 db.
But: I use foobar as my alarm clock, after it played some time, it fades back to -100db. So far so good. Ok, after school, i keep pushing my mute hotkey, nothing happens. In fact it istn realy a big deal to keep the Volume Up hotkey pushed, but wouldn't it be cool to just press the mute button again?

I don't think this is the best way to handle it.
Why don't you just set up the action to STOP(or pause) the playback after some time, hence you don't even have to fade out, nor MUTE the volume. When you'll be back from the school just hit PLAY and it will play just as during the morning. Easy, isn't it?

Matyas

foo_scheduler

Reply #62

I don't think this is the best way to handle it.
Why don't you just set up the action to STOP(or pause) the playback after some time, hence you don't even have to fade out, nor MUTE the volume. When you'll be back from the school just hit PLAY and it will play just as during the morning. Easy, isn't it?

Matyas

This would probably do the job, but i'm streaming, so i can't just stop playback. (don't ask me why i do this for my more night active friends..)

foo_scheduler

Reply #63
I missed an alarm  That's bad news...
3.07 with added "past date/time warning" - that's good news!

foo_scheduler

Reply #64
Haha, thanks
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_scheduler

Reply #65
Is there a way to use scheduler to refresh the media library periodically?

foo_scheduler

Reply #68

Is there a way to use scheduler to refresh the media library periodically?

Action "Refresh media library" marked as TODO.

I must be missing something because I don't see anyway to add this. I have Add Date/Time Event, Add Player Event & Add Menu Item Event.

TODO means "to implement"  You will not find this functionality in the current version.

foo_scheduler

Reply #69
Request: possibility to sort menu items and maybe adding separators.

If the scheduler detects user activity (stop, pause, play, next/prev track, using the seekbar) then it stops action list execution
Any good reason for that?

foo_scheduler

Reply #70
I'm trying to script the automatic switch to the next playlist at the current playlist ending.
I Set Player event:
* On Playback end, re-enable after done:
Action1: Next playlist
Action2: Start Playback

But the playback starts always at the last song of the new playlist!
Is it possible to set the playlist position to the first one?

(2Pacalypse asked the same thing, though )

Another question: What are Menu item events? IDs?

This scripting plugin has a lot of potential !!!

EDIT: I found a trick:
"Playback follows cursor" must be checked and first songs of every playlist should be selected (focused) in order to work properly.

foo_scheduler

Reply #71
3.1 is here! See changelog.

foo_scheduler

Reply #72
The download link still refers to 3.07