Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 437745 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #100
Interesting... Why has foo_scheduler disappeared from wiki components page? At least an explanation should be sent to my email before doing that. Can anybody explain?
I'm very disappointed with such relation to developers... Seems to me that 3.5 RC is the last version of foo_scheduler. No more development until an explanation.

foo_scheduler

Reply #101
Well, it was removed on the wiki by User:Eejadx  whose user page mentions his e-mail as "hurtma at gmail dot com".  I think anyone can join the wiki (right?) so it may not have been an official.  So, unless you know it was a developer I wouldn't get angered at the establishment (read: please keep developing).

foo_scheduler

Reply #102
I've joined the wiki, but when I try to edit the page I was said that "the page is locked".
Let it be so.

foo_scheduler

Reply #103
The component was removed by Eejadx who is not part of the staff.

If you had read the page you got when you tried to edit the page you would have seen that you require validation by me to be able to edit. If you PM me your username I will add you. I will also contact Eejadx for an explanation.

foo_scheduler

Reply #104
The component was removed by Eejadx who is not part of the staff.

If you had read the page you got when you tried to edit the page you would have seen that you require validation by me to be able to edit. If you PM me your username I will add you. I will also contact Eejadx for an explanation.

Thanks! I should read more carefully

foo_scheduler

Reply #105
I seriously don't know what happened. I had to remove some components because they were banned, but I really don't know how I managed to delete some good one including yours.
Sorry, my bad..

foo_scheduler

Reply #106
I seriously don't know what happened. I had to remove some components because they were banned, but I really don't know how I managed to delete some good one including yours.
Sorry, my bad..

That's all right! The main thing is that we understood that it wasn't premediated removal.

foo_scheduler

Reply #107
Great work, well done!! Thanks a lot!

foo_scheduler

Reply #108
Thank you so much! The plugin is great. It has a clever design and all the functionality I need.

foo_scheduler

Reply #109
3.5 final. Some "cosmetic" fixes have been made since 3.5 RC.

foo_scheduler

Reply #110
Help, I can't get this plugin running! I am using the version 3.5.

When I set my time and action, but nothing happens. I try it for hundreds of times, only few times it really start playback. Here is my settting. Is there anything I missed?

Another question, is the "Run scheduler action list" menu group supposed to list the all the action I added? It always displays "No entries".

Please help me. Thank you very much.

screenshot

Moderation: Please do not inline images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. Please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.

foo_scheduler

Reply #111
When I set my time and action, but nothing happens. I try it for hundreds of times, only few times it really start playback. Here is my settting. Is there anything I missed?

Possibly the reason is that you don't close scheduler's preferences page. When this page is opened the scheduler is stopped.

Another question, is the "Run scheduler action list" menu group supposed to list the all the action I added? It always displays "No entries".

This menu group displays only "Menu item events". Create a menu item event with some id, enable it, and it will be displayed in this group.

foo_scheduler

Reply #112

Possibly the reason is that you don't close scheduler's preferences page. When this page is opened the scheduler is stopped.

Hmm, this should really not work this way  Or at least a big red warning message should pop up that my scheduled events are stopped. And to be frank, this design choice is more or less against the feature I wanted to request - I wanted to ask you to implement a countdown, so I can see where each "delay" event is standing. Currently there is absolutely no feedback on such events started by a menu option, and re-enabled afterwards - everything stays the same as before the click. It's just my trust towards you that makes me believe that I actually managed to start the event  I'm not saying the scheduled events do not happen, I'm just saying I don't get any feedback if my "delay" has been started.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

foo_scheduler

Reply #113
Thanks. It works when I close the preference page. I'd prefer the timer continues working when the preference page is opening.

I'd agree with kalmark. It will be perfect if there is any feedback for user to understand that the timer is running. In fact, I am not certain whether it will be activated in the morning when I was setting the scheduler for my get up music yesterday.

Thank you very much for the great plugin.

foo_scheduler

Reply #114
Hey andrew!

My sugestion is that now I must check menu item event (mie) from preference page. When any mie unchecked I don't see it in Run sheduler actions list. It is possible define mie as now, but check it in Run sheduler actions list - I see all mie's and select any from list without using preference page.

foo_scheduler

Reply #115
i requested this a while ago, not sure if it been implemented havent used the latest version:

are you able to specify the playback order?

i want to be able to have a alarm start a playlist and have it set to shuffle

foo_scheduler

Reply #116
I've been having some crazy functionality that I can't really make out.

This morning I don't think it went off.  Then, I tested it a few minutes ago and it worked perfectly for an alarm at 1:29 PM... but then at 1:46 PM as I was watching a film it just went off again.... I wasn't touching the keyboard so it couldn't have been hot keys.  I don't think these are things that I can replicate and maybe it is that I am going crazy.... but, is anyone else experiencing odd things like that?

foo_scheduler

Reply #117
I've been having some crazy functionality that I can't really make out.

This morning I don't think it went off.  Then, I tested it a few minutes ago and it worked perfectly for an alarm at 1:29 PM... but then at 1:46 PM as I was watching a film it just went off again.... I wasn't touching the keyboard so it couldn't have been hot keys.  I don't think these are things that I can replicate and maybe it is that I am going crazy.... but, is anyone else experiencing odd things like that?

I can't understand this (sorry, my english is not perfect): "This morning I don't think it went off". Does this mean that  the action list wasn't started?

foo_scheduler

Reply #118
Imagine you have 2 action lists:
1: Going to sleep (delay 45 mins, fade volume off, and turn the machine off)
2: Wake-Up (resume, fade-in, start playback, delay 25mins, stop playback, turn off)

Now by the nature of these action lists, one (going to sleep) is supposed to ignore any other events (play, next, volume) in fooobar - since you are working on the machine before going to sleep, and the other should stop the action lists as soon as you hit a key (you wake up and start working on your machine and then you DON'T want the machine to turn off at the end of the action list).

With this long preamble, there is a single thing I would like to kindly ask:
The setting whether to stop schedule execution on event like play, next should be action list specific. Definitely not a global one.

andrew_smolko: please implement this :-)

foo_scheduler

Reply #119
andrew, sorry.  Yes, it means the action wasn't started.  I just asked to see if anyone else had problems.  It's quite possible that the problem isn't with your plugin but is with something I am doing.  If I find out a more precise issue with it I will report it.

foo_scheduler

Reply #120
Hi! I wanted to set scheduler to play certain track at certain time, so I've created Action List like this:
Code: [Select]
Set active playlist "Collection"
Select track #4507
Start playback

It works OK, sets playlist to "Collection", then selects track #4507, but then... it starts playing the last played track from this playlist! (let's say it was track #326).
I've found, that everything works ok if the option Playback -> Playback follows Cursor is enabled.
Maybe you should add new action, like e.g. Start playback at track number ..., or change the behavior of current action to start playback on selected track? Or maybe the track is currently not selected, but only highlighted??

Oh, and by the way - thank you for this great plugin! I hope you'll find time and motivation to further develop and improve it (unlike other lazy developers like the author of Playlists Dropdown )

foo_scheduler

Reply #121
3.52 with "Set playback order" and action list execution option.

foo_scheduler

Reply #123
another request: able to execute foo_run commands

foo_scheduler

Reply #124
I've found a problem with assigning keys. I made 2 menu item events. Then I try to schedule them to keys, and it doesn't work correctly. In the key assignment options, it shows the keys as <not set>. However, in the description that is just above the field titled "Key", it does show the event I've chosen. Then, it actually works even though it says <not set>, but both keys are always assigned to the same event. In the menu file>trigger scheduler event>, it shows both items and then the same key next to them.