Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request] Random track playlist generation (Read 3234 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request] Random track playlist generation

You know what would be a great idea?

If the playlist generator randomly picked a set number of tracks.

For me it would be great because i have a MP3 player and instead of selecting my favourite tracks, i'd like to be surprised!

And then i just use the new version of masstager to copy the tracks to the MP3 player.

So... what do you guys think? Is it doable?

Reply #1
Already possible with foo_playlistgen_ex

Set no search terms to nothing, limit the results to the size of your media, and set sort to $rand()

Steve

[EDIT: stupid typo]

Reply #2
Thanks!

I didn't know that worked!

Reply #3
I've got a question related to this: 

Is it possible to get a random album somehow?  I'd like a playlistgen script that would return just one album in a playlist, something like RAND -insert tag here- so foo_playlist_ex_gen would look through all the tags named -insert tag here- and return all that have some random value.  For example, it would look through all your albums, then return [randomly] all the files off the album "Als Die Liebe Starb", or all the files from "meteora" .

Any ideas how to get that to work?  I'm thinking foo_playlist_ex_gen would have to be 'extended' for this =]

Reply #4
You could use e.g. "album IS meteora" for that, and set sort order to $rand()
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #5
That's not really what I'm after though.  I'd like to have foobar 'surprise' me and pick a random album to listen to.  Right now, I'm not sure there is a way to do such a thing.

Reply #6
You could use e.g. "album IS meteora" for that, and set sort order to $rand()
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228790"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good choise of album 

Reply #7
foo_shuffle has a shuffle mode called "shuffle album 2" which shuffles to any random album and play it in order, then shuffles to another random album.

Sounds like what you want to me

Steve

Reply #8
Paranoia:

That does sound about what I'd like actually =]  Foobar has too many plugins to keep track of these days...does anyone have a decent cretralized location, with descriptions, somewhere?