Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ShortKeys Lite (Read 2415 times) previous topic - next topic

ShortKeys Lite

I'd like to recommend a little software gem I stumbled across, called ShortKeys.

ShortKeys is a utility that allows you to set up replacement text or paragraphs for any given number of user-defined keystrokes. ShortKeys monitors keyboard activity on a global nature, and anytime a user-defined keystroke combination is typed in, it will be replaced with the user-defined text.

A shortkey is something like a text macro, or an IRC trigger, available to you in whatever app you happen to be using!  Automate tedious and repetitive typing. Reduce errors. Type a few characters and ShortKeys will replace them with up to 3000 keystrokes. You will be amazed by how much time ShortKeys will save.

As an example, all I had to do to generate this entire message (except for the link below) was type a single word!

The free Lite version lets you define up to 15 shortkeys, adequate for most people's needs.  If not, the full version with unlimited shortkeys, spellchecker, and many other features is only $20.

I am not affiliated with the program or its authors in any way.

Get it ----->  here.

Regards,
Madrigal