Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: record companies on the attack again (Read 3082 times) previous topic - next topic

record companies on the attack again

Probably been covered already...but in case you missed it- I don't have a link (sorry) but CNN reported that 'spoofing' not only tactic being used or considered when 'sharing files'. Internal debate within the companies on going after the individuals. They would need the co-operation of the ISP's for addresses and amount of time on-line. Big Brother keeps creeping closer and closer.

Reply #1
And the real shocker is, "big brother" isn't government as everybody predicted!

Reply #2
Ouch! I wish I had thought of that line- nicely said. :eyebrow:  Just sort of feels like the net is closing in, instead of out, like it was supposed too. Now they end up creating a generation or two of 'rebellious youth', and wonder how it happened that nobody respects the 'rules' anymore. Maybe the 00's are the 60's again- digital style.

Reply #3
Well, it appears history is cyclical in nature (isn't everything?).

Seems to me the 00's are beginning to resemble the *50's* more than the 60's.  Political correctness is back in with a vengeance, public fear of vague 'attacks', 'blacklisting' of various types, you name it.  There are a some differences of course (the 'leave it to beaver' family myth is shattered, as is the myth of the clergy) but otherwise... hmmm....

Reply #4
Good point. I think the difference is the amount of info now available, and the speed it travels. Still... the sixties- fear and hope of a real revolution; 'tune in, turn on, drop out'- or was it the other way around?- oh oh- to many 'happening's' have destroyed this nostalgic one's brain!  Perhaps a melding of the 50's and 60's creating an unique new paradigm? But you are so right about history repeating itself again and again. Enjoy your 'steal' from e-bay; now if I still had my old reko-cut (sp?) turntable- considered primo many years ago (and stolen a few years back).

Reply #5
Between the industry trying to stop file sharing; ISP's shutting down individuals who file share, and now this little article- it is the fifties! Now, where did I put those bongo's? :eyebrow:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._broadband_dc_3