Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eddie Money - SBM MasterSound Gold cd (Read 3255 times) previous topic - next topic

Eddie Money - SBM MasterSound Gold cd

Hi,

I bought this cd.  It wasn't sealed, but looks to be in absolutely perfect shape.  There are no scratches, marks, etc.  At the very beginning of 'Baby Hold On', there seems to be a defect.  There's a raggedness with faded sound, compared to the rest of the track. 
I'm looking to find out if there are others who have heard this cd, and recognized the same thing.
Even this aside, the overall mastering and/or source tape used for the cd is one of the worst I've heard on MFSL, DCC, and MasterSound cd's.
Thanks,
-Rob-

P.S. - Apologies for the double-post.  I'm not having luck uploading a file.

Reply #1
[offtopic]
P.S. - Apologies for the double-post. I'm not having luck uploading a file.

What exactly are your uploading problems ? Have you posted in "site related discussion" ? Could you please read this thread.
To me it seems that uploading doesn't work correctly since the new software.[/offtopic]
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?

Reply #2
Hi,

I bought this cd.  It wasn't sealed, but looks to be in absolutely perfect shape.  There are no scratches, marks, etc.  At the very beginning of 'Baby Hold On', there seems to be a defect.  There's a raggedness with faded sound, compared to the rest of the track. 
I'm looking to find out if there are others who have heard this cd, and recognized the same thing.
Even this aside, the overall mastering and/or source tape used for the cd is one of the worst I've heard on MFSL, DCC, and MasterSound cd's.
Thanks,
-Rob-

P.S. - Apologies for the double-post.  I'm not having luck uploading a file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=242774"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi. I have his greatest hits album "the sound of money". Baby hold onto me is the first track. I listened to the first 30 sec five or six times for you and it seems ok to me.

It was compressed with APS and Lame 3.90.

Maybe a mastering error...?

Reply #3
Not that anyone would care much, but I can pretty much confirm that this is a mastering or tape source flaw.  I bought a second copy(only because it was a low price), and the same problem is there.  -Rob