Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 331891 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #650
Eventually I realized that the EsPlaylist was working properly, it couldn't browse the library because there was no library anymore! 
I tried to add the folders back again, but I got an error message and a crash. So finally I managed to rebuild my set up from scratch in a new installation by overwriting the config files one by one, in order to check which one contained the bug, but it seems the they were all ok.
I'm late

Reply #651
Using EsPlaylist as a library viewer, I'm trying to split the values with the syntax %<%artist>% in the grouping settings, but it doesn't work, it only messes everything up. Has anybody managed?
I'm late

Reply #652
Is there any way to change the font colour of certain columns in this?

Reply #653
Yes. You can use an $rgb function before any title formatting. This example would use red text...

Code: [Select]
$rgb(255,0,0)%title%

Reply #654
Using EsPlaylist as a library viewer, I'm trying to split the values with the syntax %<%artist>% in the grouping settings, but it doesn't work, it only messes everything up. Has anybody managed?

Just in case someone else is struggling with the same problem I had, I'm posting the solution I found to the problem, which is probably obvious to most, but me: multivalue fields (i.e. %<xxx>%) are not supported when the force-sorted option is on.

Eating humble pie for not checking the readme.
I'm late

Reply #655

Just in case someone else is struggling with the same problem I had, I'm posting the solution I found to the problem, which is probably obvious to most, but me: multivalue fields (i.e. %<xxx>%) are not supported when the force-sorted option is on.

Eating humble pie for not checking the readme.

Now that I solved the problem of splitting values in library browse mode I'm facing another issue.

In the grouping settings I set the artwork to show the artist pic. The esplaylist splits the values when there are multiple artists, but the art reader does not. So let's say I have the multiple value artist1;artist2 in the artist tag: the esplaylist will show me artist1 and artist2 separately, but with no pic, because the art reader looks for a picture called "artist1;artis2.jpg" which of course I don't have. Therefore I changed the search pattern in the art reader to $meta(%artist%,0), which is better than showing no picture, but it's quite odd to see the picture of artist1 under the name of both artist1 and artist2.

What I need is a way to tell the art reader which artist is actually displayed. It's a problem I addressed here, too.

Maybe there's no possible solution, but I'd like to know how those of you who use the esplaylist as a library browser handle the artist picture in case of multiple artists.
I'm late

Reply #656
How to sort with %es_subgroup_count% so albums with most tracks would be on top
I put $num(%es_subgroup_count%,2) on sort format bur it doesn't work

Re: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #657
I have a custom tag called "Volume" where I write the volume number of series (I use the "content group" tag for the series name).
In the library browse mode I group various artists albums according to the series name, if present, and than by volume number, but in the layered mode the volume numbers are sorted as text (10, 11, 1, 12...).
How can I sort them properly? I cannot use the force sorted option because I need to split values of the album artist tag.
I'm late

Reply #658
I have a custom tag called "Volume" where I write the volume number of series (I use the "content group" tag for the series name).
In the library browse mode I group various artists albums according to the series name, if present, and than by volume number, but in the layered mode the volume numbers are sorted as text (10, 11, 1, 12...).
How can I sort them properly? I cannot use the force sorted option because I need to split values of the album artist tag.

If the numbers are stored as text, you can append a leading zero to the single-digit values.

Reply #659
If the numbers are stored as text, you can append a leading zero to the single-digit values.

But why are they stored as text? I mean, are user-defined fields (TXXX frames) text only by default? Is there a way to convert it to a numeric field?
I'm late

Reply #660

But why are they stored as text? I mean, are user-defined fields (TXXX frames) text only by default? Is there a way to convert it to a numeric field?

I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to help you there.

Reply #661
In the grouping settings I set the artwork to show the artist pic. The esplaylist splits the values when there are multiple artists, but the art reader does not. So let's say I have the multiple value artist1;artist2 in the artist tag: the esplaylist will show me artist1 and artist2 separately, but with no pic, because the art reader looks for a picture called "artist1;artis2.jpg" which of course I don't have. Therefore I changed the search pattern in the art reader to $meta(%artist%,0), which is better than showing no picture, but it's quite odd to see the picture of artist1 under the name of both artist1 and artist2.

What I need is a way to tell the art reader which artist is actually displayed. It's a problem I addressed here, too.

Maybe there's no possible solution, but I'd like to know how those of you who use the esPlaylist as a library browser handle the artist picture in case of multiple artists.

I'd like to bring up this problem which is really bugging me. I'll post some pictures to explain it better.

Below is an example of how my esPlaylist looks like in the library browse mode.

As you can see the picture displayed is the same for different artists. This is because the album artist field is a multivalue field and while the esPlylist can split the values, the art reader can't.

I tried using the angle brackets sintax in the artist pic pattern in Menu File>Preferences>Display>Album art, but it doesn't work of course, therefore my only choice was using the first value of the album artist field, like this:

There is no way I can get the right picture for artists which are not listed as first value in the album artist field. This is really annoying, especially for jazz musicians, since most jazz albums are usually collaborations of two or more artists.
Did those of you who use the library browse mode face the same problem? How do you handle it? Is there a titleformatting expression to reference the value which is actually displayed when splitting a multivalue field?

I'm late

Reply #662
The component would have to be updated. There's nothing you can do in the artwork preferences.

edit: Thinking about it some more, it would have to use its own artwork preferences because you could never get art for a particular artist from the core settings.

Reply #663
Thinking about it some more, it would have to use its own artwork preferences because you could never get art for a particular artist from the core settings.

Yes, I thought so, too, given that you could actually reference the branched value of the split multivalue field. I wish I had enough knowledge to revise the component, because this is something which really misses. Facets has the same limit.
Do you think a jscript browser could do the job? I gave  Falstaff's JS Smooth Browser a try a few weeks ago, but as far as I can rember it doesn't handle split values.
I'm late

Reply #664
It's possible if you have the skills. I'd imagine it would take a fair bit of work though. It's not like you can expect such functionality to come from editing a few lines of code.

Reply #665

I solved the problem using the $num function. Still I'd like to know if and how it is possible to add a user defined tag which is read as a numeric value by default, similarly to the date or track number tags.
I'm late

Reply #666
If the option existed, you'd be able to see it.

Reply #668
There are no preferences for user defined tags. You can access them anywhere using %blah%.

Yes, you can customise the properties dialog with standard fields but other than that, there is nothing.

Reply #669
[...]
I solved the problem using the $num function. Still I'd like to know if and how it is possible to add a user defined tag which is read as a numeric value by default, similarly to the date or track number tags.
Like Marc2003 said, there is no way to specify if a tag frame should be read as numeric. Even the ones that Foobar will right align by default aren't really numeric, FB just expects them to contain that data type and right-aligns the content, but that is about it...
It doesn't validate the data to see if it actually IS a number, for all it cares you could just as easily write text to those fields.

You could make use of the the regular %artist% field to separate another artist from %album artist%. And if it is specific to your setup, you could even try using %track artist% for a second artist other than in %album artist% (but am not totally sure if FB treats it separate from %artist%, title formatting doc seems to indicate this but....

fwiw, if there's a separator used, you could look at the $meta(name,n) function... this one allows you to pick the Nth value from multivalue data. If the main artist is always the first that at least would allow you to create patterns that point at the second and/or third artist

Reply #670
Does anyone know where it actually keeps this image cache? I'm running into situations where it's NOT picking up changed cover art and keeps showing me the old ones... I'd like to actually totally disable it caching stuff... I never let it deal with the full list anyways but always in filtered views

EDIT: Stupidly forgetting a word that made it sound the opposite

Reply #671
It's in memory. Use the right click menu>Options>Refresh to update it.

Reply #672
fwiw, if there's a separator used, you could look at the $meta(name,n) function... this one allows you to pick the Nth value from multivalue data. If the main artist is always the first that at least would allow you to create patterns that point at the second and/or third artist

That's what I did by setting the art reader to $meta(artist,0), but the $meta function always picks the same item of the list. In order to display the right picture I would need a reference to the actually branched item.
I'm late

Reply #673
I would like to add a column in one of the views that shows whether the file is playing or not. The default 'Playing' column uses the %queue_index% value which only refers to the playlist item, I want to know if the file is playing, regardless of its index in the playlist. What value can I use? I tried the %isplaying%, but it works in the same way.
I'm late

Reply #674
Not possible... Well it is if you implement it in your own playlist viewer that isn't restricted by simple title formatting.