Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Upgrading/migrating to 2.1.7, a couple of questions  (Read 49198 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrading/migrating to 2.1.7, a couple of questions

* Migrating settings. CUETools apparently stores both in own folder and in %appdata%.
How to get all settings over from old to new? (At least those which are possible to migrate.)

* FLAC conversion: the new "cuetools" converter option. http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Changelog#CUETools_2.1.7 is silent on the matter, but do I understand correctly from http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_FLAC_encoders_comparison that the new converter is a flake-based dll?
Compression-level slider goes to 8 (unlike flake), hence question: 8 is still subset-compliant FLAC?
Any other differences? (Except it sets its own "tool" string I see.)

Re: Upgrading/migrating to 2.1.7, a couple of questions

Reply #1
1. location depends on whether or not user_profiles_enabled is present. If running more than one version, delete user_profiles_enabled file and copy folder from %appdata% to the program folder. CUETools will start from settings folder in the program folder.

2. yes "flake" was renamed to "cuetools". Support for non-subset FLAC modes disabled by default. With "cuetools" selected, click gear icon on left to change settings.
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Changelog see 2.1.5 changes
korth

Reply #2
Thanks! (... is there any general 2.1.7 thread? I got some strange things that I'll try to replicate with a fresh version)

1. Just to mention, there is a folder "CUE Tools" in AppData\Roaming and a folder "CUE Tools" in AppData\Local

As for 2, I realize I have probably kept settings from 2.1.early. Will convert olds to portable and start 2.1.7 from clean, thanks.
And the gear icon ... gosh, over all these years, I never thought of *that* particular gear icon as settings despite being the same icon as the other. It's a cogwheel, it tells me what engine is used :-o

Reply #3
Thanks! (... is there any general 2.1.7 thread? I got some strange things that I'll try to replicate with a fresh version)
This sub-forum was created because a single topic like the old development thread grew so large that it was difficult to search for specific information. A thread to announce changes and new features will probably be created at some point. I'd like to create a suggestion thread and a FAQ as well. However, questions about usage or requests for assistance should go in the forum area. Please don't group unrelated issues into a single thread.

korth

Reply #4
While 2.1.7 is in development, i keep changing the settings format - trying to migrate from XML to Json, so most settings can be lost when upgrading. It's a good idea to always use portable mode (delete user_profiles_enabled) with experimental releases. It's possible that even official 2.1.7 build when it comes out won't preserve the settings - it's just too much pain to convert them between formats.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #5
@ Gregory S. Chudov

Have u compiled a new dev release of v2.1.7 recently and made it available or?