Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I think my iMP-350 died (Read 1522 times) previous topic - next topic

I think my iMP-350 died

Well, my iRiver iMP-350 has been refusing to read CDs. Data or audio. It reads nothing. It spends like 1 minute trying to playback the CD, and finally says something like "No Disc" or shutdowns automatically.
I'm really worried about this, mainly because I spent 1 month working in part-time to buy this thing, and now it decides to die on me. Worst of all, the official purchase date in my receipt is "23/01/2003", wich means my 1 year warranty has expired.
I don't know how this happenned. I'm extremelly cauteous with it, so i must be a hardware deffect, not caused by me.
I'm going to try to get my unit replaced anyway, since i bought it online and it took almost a month to arrive to my house... and the difficulties reading discs started a few months ago, so in practise, the warranty should cover it. Theorically, it has already expired. I hope the iriver support or the online store i bought the unit understand this.

Anyway, I'm going to try one of those lens-cleaner cds tomorrow, though i don't have many hope.

Any suggestions or advices are, of course, welcome.

I think my iMP-350 died

Reply #1
I dropped mine once and the lens assembly got stuck in some weird position.  I popped it back and s'okay now.

Good luck.
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.