Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Matroska Utilities? (Read 1730 times) previous topic - next topic

Matroska Utilities?

hi!

I used the mpeg-4 utilities feature of f2k and successfully converted some of my large mp3 files to make them seek faster. however such files are not playable anywhere except fb2k afaik. i know its not against the standard to insert mp3 strean into the mp4 contaier, but still its not supported by other players for some reason.

i tried wrapping mp3 files with the matroska container with the original commandline muxer , added chapters, etc., and played back the files with fb2k and windows media classic with no problem. looks like they are playable with any player supporting mka.

don't you think that a foobar2k plugin, similar to the existing MPEG-4 Utilities, but wrapping in the matroska container would be a nice feature? i guess it could be more useful than the mpeg-4 utilities, at least in terms of wrapping large mp3 files, and more convenient than using matroska command line muxer.

Matroska Utilities?

Reply #1
I also think this would be useful.  Seeking in mp3's is slow and I can't say I care for mp4.  Matroska has much better compatibility.