Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Albumlist With Ape And Flac Support (Read 6488 times) previous topic - next topic

Albumlist With Ape And Flac Support

For those who like this Winamp2 plugin, I uploaded a version that supports Monkey's Audio and FLAC.
Download.

Reply #1
Thanks, that was exactly what was missing in albumlist.
BTW, it shows you speak Finnish! (default language)

Hans

Reply #2
Thanks, that was exactly what was missing in albumlist.

No problem.

BTW, it shows you speak Finnish! (default language)

Hmm, weird. It defaulted Polish - Polski here

Reply #3
Extremly useful!
Thanks Case!

Reply #4

Do U speak Polish, Case ?? Does anyone else speak Polish. Czy tylko ja mowie po polsku ??
--
pozdr.
yq

Reply #5

Do U speak Polish, Case ?? Does anyone else speak Polish. Czy tylko ja mowie po polsku ??

Nope, I speak Finnish. That's why it was so weird.

Reply #6
Oh, it's even worse here, it seems the language setting is lost every time I start Winamp, it always becomes Finnish.
Also still, if I select File Name instead of tagging for File Display Method in monkey's input plugin configuration, after double-clicking an album, the tracks in the playlist are all named identical to the first track. Only once the track actually gets played, the correct name appears. This might have nothing to do with Albumview though.

Hans

Reply #7
 With me, this albumlist version remembers every language setting, except english. If english was chosen, restart of winamp comes with finnish albumlist menu.
No-one else has this?

Hans

Reply #8
With me, this albumlist version remembers every language setting, except english. If english was chosen, restart of winamp comes with finnish albumlist menu.
No-one else has this?

I haven't had any issues, except for the initial Polish language. It might be caused by some resource conflict with Flac component for AlbumList, I just copied old Ogg component and made it work with Flac without changing assigned resource numbers. I mentioned about that to Safai Ma, you will probably have to wait some time for him to make official version that uses correct settings. I unfortunately do not know what exactly needs to be changed.

Reply #9
Fixed it! (well, a workaround)
Album list writes the language in the file plugin.ini, in the line al_lang=
But for english it stays empty.
I just edited:  al_lang=english.al

Hans

Reply #10
A few days ago, albumlist 1.42 final was released.
A little bug is still there I think: if %8 (file name) is selected as file display method for Monkey's Audio plugin, all the tracks of an album are named as the first track of that album. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Think this is actually a bug in Monkey's plugin...
Edit2:  and I said so already in this thread half a year ago!