Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CTDB Plugin causing EAC hang at end of rip (Read 1486 times) previous topic - next topic

CTDB Plugin causing EAC hang at end of rip

I have EAC 1.5 on a Windows 7 machine.  Of course EAC 1.5 came with CTDB 2.1.6 and the last time I used EAC (several months back) everything worked fine.  However today I tried to rip a CD that I own and everything was ok until the rip finished.  A small window popped up with no title and had a progress bar that never did anything.  The red X didn't kill the window and the only way to get out of EAC was to use task manager to kill the process.  I tried again and used alt+tab and from there I noticed that the window had a title of "CTDB".  Even though I had MusicBrainz selected under Metadata Provider, the CTDB plugin seemed to be causing this problem.  I then updated to CTDB 2.1.9 and I still get the same hang due to the CTDB window.   Oddly I can get CD information from CTDB and it works fine.  The only thing that stops the hanging is doing to EAC -> EAC Options -> Audio Plugins: and unchecking the CTDB plugin.

So how is CTDB hanging when it isn't even selected as my Metadata provider, and why is this CTDB window causing this window to come up and hang?  Below is a screengrab of the window causing the hang.  Thanks

Re: CTDB Plugin causing EAC hang at end of rip

Reply #1
http://cue.tools/wiki/CTDB_EAC_Plugin
Usage
At the end of the ripping process, if the rip was for the whole disc, then the plugin automatically processes the rip. There is no user interaction. The plug-in contacts CTDB for verification of the rip, and, if the disc is new to CTDB, it is submitted to the database. The results are then appended to the log.

Unchecking the CTDB plugin from EAC -> EAC Options -> Audio Plugins turns CTDB verification off.

I don't see anything unusual in the entry for the CD in the picture. The last rip submitted confirmed for that CD was 23 days ago. If there was an issue with the server at the time you ripped the CD, the plugin should have timed out.

Is this the only CD causing the problem?
korth

Re: CTDB Plugin causing EAC hang at end of rip

Reply #2
http://cue.tools/wiki/CTDB_EAC_Plugin
Usage
At the end of the ripping process, if the rip was for the whole disc, then the plugin automatically processes the rip. There is no user interaction. The plug-in contacts CTDB for verification of the rip, and, if the disc is new to CTDB, it is submitted to the database. The results are then appended to the log.

Unchecking the CTDB plugin from EAC -> EAC Options -> Audio Plugins turns CTDB verification off.

I don't see anything unusual in the entry for the CD in the picture. The last rip submitted confirmed for that CD was 23 days ago. If there was an issue with the server at the time you ripped the CD, the plugin should have timed out.

Is this the only CD causing the problem?

No, I have ripped 5 CDs and they all did the same thing.  On one CD I left it like that for 45 minutes and it never timed out. 

These are the CDs I tried:

Adia Victoria - A Southern Gothic
Adia Victoria - Silences
Adia Victoria - Beyond the Bloodhounds
Zakk Sabbath - Vertigo
Exodus - Persona Non Grata (actually this is the one I ripped with the plugin unchecked, so I have really only had it happen for 4 CDs)