Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 65427 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #425
Is it possible to add the option to hide the status bar?

Reply #426
Can the rectangular frame follow the playing "triangle"?

Reply #427
^ Playback menu > Cursor Follows Playback.

Reply #428
The Mac version foobar2000 really needs two features that the Windows version has.
Screenshots with the necessary functions are in the attached files.
Thanks in advance!

Reply #430
Center popup windows

my request is much more personal, although I believe it will help with accessibility and aesthetics.
simply make all windows (called on menu or on right click) may appear in the center of the interface, unlike currently in the upper left corner.
example: select a song>right click> utilities>send to playlist... The window pop-ups in the center of the interface as I suggested

Thanks
loquor mee menti: factus de materia, cinis elementi...

Reply #431
Find Within, or Search Within

Essentially, the search would only look below, or within, where you've highlighted.  Ideally, the result would be shown as highlights rather than changing the view of what you've selected like the Filter box for the library view does.  The way Revive Dead Items highlights items it can not resolve is a good example of what I'm suggesting for Find Within results.

So, if I wanted to find Beethoven's Op. 123 I'd highlight Beethoven (assuming all of Beethoven's works were contained within), ctrl-F (standard Windows find), and type Op. 123.  If there were any files with Op. 123 mentioned they would be highlighted in the tree below.

This would also be useful for playlists.  Highlight the tab, ctrl-F, ...

The current Filter box works well, but when you're done with the search you have to navigate back to where you were, assuming you were somewhere you want to return to.  It also is more involved to find a something like Op. 123 for Beethoven instead of all Op. 123.

Reply #432
Is there a way for artists starting with VA- (Van Halen and Van Morrison, for instance) to be treated as any other artist? They're all considered and treated like various artists.

Sorry if this has been answered. I'm not going to go through 18 pages.

Reply #433
Chances are you are using some custom skin / titleformatting that checks the first two characters and if those start with "va", it handles them differently (grouping or whatever). That is not how foobar works by default so that has nothing to do with this topic.