Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_playlists_dropdown (Read 478454 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Reply #125
Would it be possible to add edge styles to this? At least the beta version would be nice, it's a real pain for some people, like me.

For the rest, I like the configurability you added there, good idea! If I ever get to it, I'll edit the strings there as well, they're just like Global strings anyway.
There's a storm on the loose, there's sirens in my head...

Reply #127
Has anyone had a problem where you do not see anything if you click the dropdown arrow other than the shadown for what would be the dropdown window?  I don't see any of the playlists except for the one selected (from the playlist tab).  I haven't made any changes, and it had been working.  Perhaps it changed with the install of the new beta....but I am not sure.

Edit: I should have done that first.  Based on my test, it would appear that this plugin has been affected by something in the new beta.  I re-installed fb2k 0.9.3.1 and the dropdown works fine.  After installing 0.9.4 beta 1, the dropdown window will not work.  It only shows the currently selected playlist.  The same applies for the new 0.9.4 beta 2.

Reply #128
I don't have any issues with the new foobar beta.

Reply #129
I believe I have discovered a bug and I think it is related to the problem kockroach described.  If I place the playlists dropdown control on a horizontal splitter, and that horizontal contains other components which trigger the splitter to pad vertical space below the playlists dropdown (such as quicksearch or buttons), the playlists dropdown will no longer draw the dropdown but only display the normal control box. The controlbox works fine with up/down but when the pulldown icon is clicked the shadow for the pulldown is drawn but the pulldown itself is not.

I tried this under 0.9.3.1 and the problem was not there, but the problem appears in both foobar 0.9.4b2 and 0.9.4b3.

Reply #130
Thank you for your investigation! This was very helpful discovery (at last I know which part of the source code I should blame)

However, I still can't reproduce the problem (and I'm using 0.9.4b3) - could you please paste here the screenshot of your layout (where the problem occurs)? Could you check if there is the same problem with 'Playback Order' drop-down?

Reply #131
Hey mixcherry,

Here are a couple screen captures combined together.  The dropdowns are on the same line, and show as activated in one shot, deactivated in the other.

You can see that there is a very thin line (almost like a shadow) for the playlist dropdown window when activated in my fb2k (0.9.4 beta 2).  Hope this helps.

Reply #132

Well my main player has quite a complicated setup so to keep things simple I installed a separate copy of 0.9.4b3 for testing and did a little more experimenting.  This bug only seems to appear when the quicksearch toolbar is present.  The bug did not appear when using oversized buttons when the quicksearch bar was not present.

The playback order dropdown is not affected by this bug.

As depicted above, I was able to reproduce the problem with a barebones foobar install using only foo_in_std, foo_uie_columns, foo_uie_quicksearch, and foo_uie_playlists dropdown.  I disabled the icon in playlists dropown to make it smaller, this way the splitter would add the vertical padding.  Since this bug only appears when quicksearch is present it is possible that the bug my be caused by that component, however since the bug does not affect playback order control I figured we should continue the investigation.

kockroach: can you confirm wether or not you have the quicksearch component installed on the same splitter as playlists dropdown when you experience the bug?

Reply #133
kockroach: can you confirm wether or not you have the quicksearch component installed on the same splitter as playlists dropdown when you experience the bug?

Confirmed.

Edit:  I forgot to mention one thing though.  Mine is not the quicksearch component.  It is the Playlist Tree Search component by cwbowron.

Reply #134
Is this plugin still in development.

Reply #135
Hi,

i have the same problem as kockroach & Yotsuya with foo_uie_quicksearch, and foo_uie_playlists dropdown when they are on the same splitter.

Reply #136
The good news is that I've finally managed to reproduce the problem. The bad news - I still don't know where the hell it comes from... :/

The problem is that I can reproduce this behaviour only on 'barebones foobar install' (same as Yotsuya) -- it _never_ occured while I was using my regular, daily layout (no matter which extensions were on the same splitter). As far as I've noticed, this bug reveals only when my plugin's window has smaller height than the others on the same splitter.

The strangest thing of all is that everything returns to normal e.g. when you create new playlist... this is *strange* (and yes, I tried to call the same procedures (as the ones that are called during creation of new playlist) on different events, e.g. on 'dropdown' of list - no change at all, the same bug...)

However, once again I would like to thank Yotsuya & kockroach for their really helpful descriptions!

And yes, this plugin is still in development - I've added some new features (like special field to use different titles/styles for control/list, custom icons & bg styles, improved performance), but it still needs a lot of code-cleaning and de-bugging.

Reply #137
mixcherry. would it be possible to allow stuff like %title%, %size%, %length% & %filesize% to be sent out somehow so that 'track info mod' could pick it up and display it? It doesn't look very pretty with all that info in a drop down box.

Reply #138
I think that much easier method would be to implement those fields inside 'track info mod'... Or maybe this is task for cwb_hooks? I think it already provides fields like '%cwb_playinglist%' (and such)... I'm not planning to hook any global functions/fields - this would simply be 'cwb_hooks 2'  -> it's better to include all these fields/functions in one plugin (cwb_hooks).

And by the way, my plugin is not intended to be some sort of 'visual' component, and its main task is not *displaying* info (in pretty way), but to be small and handy. I think that if someone wants to make foobar2000 'pretty' or 'skinnable', he should wait for adequate UI (foo_ui_gfx?), because this whole playing with 'none/sunken/gray border', XP Themes, fcs-tuning, special fonts downloading, etc. etc., is total misuse of Columns UI. This is my very humble opinion

Reply #139
misuse?

Reply #141
Hey mixcherry,

Here are a couple screen captures combined together.  The dropdowns are on the same line, and show as activated in one shot, deactivated in the other.

You can see that there is a very thin line (almost like a shadow) for the playlist dropdown window when activated in my fb2k (0.9.4 beta 2).  Hope this helps.

this is because you are not using icons in your dropdown, then it gets smaller. and the padding does not seem to work without the icons. if it did you could add a little more padding up and down to fill the 2 pixels.

Reply #142
this is because you are not using icons in your dropdown, then it gets smaller. and the padding does not seem to work without the icons. if it did you could add a little more padding up and down to fill the 2 pixels.

I don't see how that would be the problem, since the code never changed from fb2k 0.9.31 to 0.9.4beta.The problem appeared upon install of 0.9.4.  The code is the one mazy posted, and it would appear mazy doesn't use icons either.

Reply #143
And by the way, my plugin is not intended to be some sort of 'visual' component, and its main task is not *displaying* info (in pretty way), but to be small and handy. I think that if someone wants to make foobar2000 'pretty' or 'skinnable', he should wait for adequate UI (foo_ui_gfx?), because this whole playing with 'none/sunken/gray border', XP Themes, fcs-tuning, special fonts downloading, etc. etc., is total misuse of Columns UI. This is my very humble opinion

I agree with you so what I am asking is for a fuctionality similar to the playlist switcher that would allow me to drag a playlist into a catagory seeing as I've used my code from there to add headers so to speak? Which leads me to my next question. Is it possible for it not to display the variable info if a playist has 0 tracks in it?

In case there is any misunderstanding heres what i mean

Reply #144
Hi, great plugin i love the middle mouse button feature but would it be possible for this feature to work when the dropdown is open. That way i could remove a playlist without having to select it first.

Thanks

Reply #145
Could you port playlist_dropdown for 0.83 please?

I know it's too hard request. But I can't give up 0.83.

Is it possible...?

Reply #146
A recompile against the latest SDK will be appreciated, As it is needed for this component to run on Vista.

Reply #147
Uh...this is really simple but I couldn't find it anywhere...Is this compatible for fb2k v0.9.4 (you should probably put that in small font right under the title)?

edit:nevermind, I would've been very surprised. Very useful plugin, I'll show what I get with it in an instant.

?eace

Reply #148
Hi mexcherry this plugin is great.
Sorry about my bad English.
I hope this feature can be added please:

Thanks

Reply #149
I found a bug. Whenever I click on the drop-down menu, it doesn't drop-down anymore. When I close foobar and re-open it, it still cannot be opened. I am not sure what triggered this, but I'm pretty sure it is related to resizing the foobar window.